Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Work Rant

Posted by Matush 
Matush
Work Rant
February 27, 2008
So here's the story. Last year, a girl approached a bunch of us and said she was looking for a position at our company. So a bunch of people bend over backwards and get her a job here.

Well a few weeks ago she goes on this rant about how much she hates it here because she has to do everything herself (ie, she can't pawn off tasks to lower level people), she has to work weekends, and how someone who was somewhat lower than her when she started (they're now at the same level) got an office just because he worked at the company longer (truth is that he was always at the same level as her but they don't do promotions till one's review period. I knew he was getting promoted for months).

I'm leaving the company in a few days and she pulled me aside and asked if I can help her get a job at my new company. I will absolutely not help her get a job there. I refuse to work with someone so entitlement minded who thinks she is so above grunt work. I can honestly say the new job is not the right fit for her because I am working in a very small department in house (I currently work in client services and am moving in-house) and I can tell that I will be working my ass off at my new job. Trust me, compared to most places my new job is pretty even paced (FYI I'm leaving due to better grown opportunity). Most people here leave by 6. It's not our fault she is such a piss poor manager of her time.
Re: Work Rant
February 28, 2008
This reminds me of a woman I worked on a security site from 1998-99. She wanted a job sooo bad with the client working in one of the offices. My former co-irker did not have to work security for the required year before applying at Darden. She was famous for ass-kissing the execs of that company as well as rolling other guards under the bus.

Long story short, she gets hired with Darden. The women in her department got to hate her immediately. Despite being the lowest in seniority, @nn never thought she had to help answer the phones when the receptionist was in a meeting with the department she worked. Never would this dame help anyone with anything. She ended up getting fired after taking disability for migraines but was seen by another Darden worker at her complex playing in the pool with her Golden Sprog and also was learned she was working elsewhere part-time.

This bitch tried to hose me and get me on her shit 7am-3pm shift so she could work all night aka sleep in her building so she could go to kindergarten with her brat every day. I only worked the allotted time I agreed to (6 weeks) when she claimed she needed a shift change due to her mom having a brain tumor. When I figured out I was being hosed and would be on this shift for-fucking-ever, I made it very clear to my boss that I was to be back on nights after the time agreed t o do this or I would transfer to another site. An* did not know what to say when she saw my schedule. I told her to mind her own business and never try lying to me again.
Matush
Re: Work Rant
April 18, 2008
Update: We have an opening at my new company but I have no intention of telling her of this position. And if her resume does appear, I will plan on vetoing her candidacy immediately because i have no desire to listen to her bitch about working on weekends, work past 7, enter her own numbers, do all the work for a project. Sorry, but I have my own projects to manage. I will proof your work but I won't do the "small stuff" for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login