Advanced

They chose the wrong place to rob.

Posted by mercurior 
They chose the wrong place to rob.
February 29, 2008
Biker surprise for Sydney robbers

Jester said the police were impressed by the bikers' actions

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7268653.stm

Two armed robbers who targeted a Sydney bar that was hosting a bikers' meeting must have "failed robber school", said the club's chairman.
The men stormed the bar brandishing machetes and wearing balaclavas - unaware that 50 bikers were holding a meeting in an adjoining room.

Alerted to the robbery, some of the bikers chased the men as they fled.

One was caught after trying to escape through a back door. He was later treated in hospital for minor injuries.

The other man ran off but was arrested by police in a street nearby.

Southern Cross Cruiser Club chairman "Jester" told local media that the robbers had "picked the wrong night".

The would-be bandits had entered the bar and ordered patrons to lie on the floor while they emptied the till.

I can't believe these guys were stupid enough to come into a club with 50 bikers having a bike meeting

Jester

But someone managed to run into an adjoining room where the bikers were holding their monthly meeting.

"We were out there minding our own business and then these guys came to the bar here in the pokey (slot machine) area," Jester told the Sydney Morning Herald.

"One of the guys took off... straight through a glass window, he didn't even bother pushing the button, he just ran straight through it."

Jester said the police were delighted when they arrived on the scene.

"They were really impressed that we caught these guys, because normally they get here and it's all over and done. But we caught the guys, still with their weapons, still in his balaclava and everything else.

"It's a comedy of errors, I can't believe these guys were stupid enough to come into a club with 50 bikers having a bike meeting - just crazy."

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Matush
Re: They chose the wrong place to rob.
February 29, 2008
I've seen two very similar stories in the Darwin Awards.

One was attempting the home invasion of a footballer notorious for being disorderly.

The other was a guy trying to pickpocket two world class sprinters while they were being interviewed by television and then actually trying to outrun them.
February 29, 2008
I love this story. Being a biker, I can just see all those burly men getting ready to whip some ass. Justice at it's best right here.
March 08, 2008
I read "Hell's Angels" by Hunter S. Thompson and I always knew the bikers were the REAL good guys.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
May 27, 2008
I think I'll put my own two cents in...
Many years ago I attended Motorcycle Mechanics school in Phoenix, AZ. I was told this story by someone and I can't vouch for the truth, but I found it amusing in a 'black humor' kind of way.
Seems some guy at a biker bar (didn't really 'belong' there) managed to tick the bikers off so they threw him out.
aside: there were no windows but closed circuit cameras all over that watched the bikes constantly.
Anyway, this dude, who must have had a death wish, comes back with a pickup and runs several of the bikes over and then takes off.
Needless to say, the bikers boil out of the bar like a hive of angry ants and chase this dude down.
They fired over 45 bullets into the vehicle. Were lousy shots for the most part. Only 2 hit him and killed him.

two cents ¢¢
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login