Advanced

race bias to five non-Chinese staff

Posted by mercurior 
race bias to five non-Chinese staff
April 08, 2008
Chinese restaurant mistreated English staff
Last Updated: 1:21am BST 08/04/2008

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/08/nchinese108.xml

English workers were victims of racial discrimination at a Chinese restaurant, an employment tribunal has ruled.

Bosses at Elements Oriental Buffet Restaurant in Cheshire have been ordered to pay £36,268 compensation for race bias to five non-Chinese staff, who missed out on perks.

A tribunal in Liverpool ruled that Alex Ryles, 19; Michelle Darsh, 19; Michael Whitfield, 20; Aw Owen, 29 and Joao Dos Santos, 31, were all treated differently by Chinese managers because of their ethnic origin.

advertisement
The hearing was told that Chinese staff were allowed to eat expensive meals free and received a bigger share of the tips than other workers at the 200-seat establishment in Ellesmere Port.

The tribunal was told the working hours of the five staff were reduced when they complained of discrimination. Elements' directors, Mandy Tang and Nick Cheng, denied race bias.

Speaking after the ruling Mr Whitfield, said: "You never think an English worker would be singled out because of his race in his own country.

"You do hear about foreigners being treated unfairly and getting justice, so it's only right to highlight the problem that British people can be racially victimised too."

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: race bias to five non-Chinese staff
May 11, 2008
Here, in the USA, if you are a white male, it is practically impossible to convince a judge that racism has taken place. Do not get me wrong, it does take place more often than I would like it, but the case you have posted would not be a valid case here in the USA. White people here are not treated well, darker skins have a preference. Anti-white statements are published by different racist groups and are permitted by UCLA (University of California in Los Angeles) and other institutions. Nothing can be said or implied about other races - courts favor them over whites.

I have friends who are of different race, we never notice or care. Our legal system is so corrupt, it makes my friends want to vomit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login