Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What movie have you seen lately?

Posted by Rose Red 
What movie have you seen lately?
May 15, 2008
Ok, I'll admit to seeing "Iron Man" last night. It was pretty darn good- nice to see Mr. Downey back in action.
Re: What movie have you seen lately?
May 15, 2008
"Consenting Adults" (1992 picture) re: a rich neighbour who gets his average neighbours into wife swapping which results in a scheme for one of the spouses to be murdered for insurance fraud. There was a lot more beneath the surface on that one. I watched it three days ago.
May 19, 2008
Watched a ton of movies this weekend (most of which I'd rather not admit to) and was amazed at the # of actos who just play the same character over and over. Michael Keaton is fairly inreiguing, and he was good in "Desperate Measures" but, again didn't show a whole lot of range. Great car chase scenes, though.
May 19, 2008
i am a zombie freak.. romeros zombie films, they are my escape.. got them all on dvd..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 19, 2008
Pretty much any horror movie, as long as it's well made. I have the Zombie survival guide. Not enough bullets, though.
Anonymous User
May 19, 2008
I have the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z (can't wait for the movie!). I've also seen just about every zombie movie ever made (most recently [REC] -- check it out on IMDcool smiley, and if you have cable, FEARnet has a nifty little zombie movie section in their On Demand lineup.
May 20, 2008
FearNet is great for a quick dirty fix. Watched one last night- zombies in it, supposed to be in the tradition of Evil Dead, but for the life of me it was so bad I can't remember the name.
May 20, 2008
As a teen and young adult, I loved the "Friday the 13th" ninja movies. I saw them all. Now, I m no longer into horror flicks.
May 20, 2008
amethusos* Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a teen and young adult, I loved the "Friday the
> 13th" ninja movies. I saw them all. Now, I m no
> longer into horror flicks.

did you catch "Freddy vs. Jason" for old times' sake?
May 20, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> amethusos* Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > As a teen and young adult, I loved the "Friday
> the
> > 13th" ninja movies. I saw them all. Now, I m
> no
> > longer into horror flicks.
>
> did you catch "Freddy vs. Jason" for old times'
> sake?

Of course! Naturally, I rooted for Jason... grinning smiley
Anonymous User
May 20, 2008
I think the name was 'Child of the Living Dead' (or something close) -- I saw it too and was pretty disappointed by everything but the gore (you have to admit they did a good job with some of the kills).

I also like FEARnet's short movies -- there's one called 'Ten Steps' that REALLY gave me the creeps.
May 20, 2008
Stephanie Wrote:
> I think the name was 'Child of the Living Dead'
> (or something close) -- I saw it too and was
> pretty disappointed by everything but the gore
> (you have to admit they did a good job with some
> of the kills).
>
> I also like FEARnet's short movies -- there's one
> called 'Ten Steps' that REALLY gave me the creeps.

LOL- you saw it!!!!!!!!! how about the stoner barfing entrails everywhere??????????
May 20, 2008
FearNet also had a really effective one called "Reeker" that seemed dumb but ended up having an really well thought out premise. The bad guy was not real inspiring but when they wrapped it up I was pretty gratified.
May 20, 2008
slither is one hell of a weird movie.. i caught the last 40 mins..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
May 20, 2008
I *LOVE* Slither! I own the DVD!

Reeker -- the one about the car accident, right? I thought it was okay, but I've seen too many that have had that particular 'twist' ending, so I saw it coming a mile away.

The stoner's death in CotLD was my favorite part (although I had a good chuckle at the chimney scene). If you really want to see some nicely done effects, check out 'Carver'. It's light on story, but heavy on gore. It's low budget, but they put a lot of care into it, and did a great job.
May 21, 2008
Stephanie Wrote:
> I *LOVE* Slither! I own the DVD!
>
> Reeker -- the one about the car accident, right? I
> thought it was okay, but I've seen too many that
> have had that particular 'twist' ending, so I saw
> it coming a mile away.

That's the one. I hate to admit it but it took me by surprise- on paper I'm sure it looked really stupid but I thought the execution was prretty good. Actually, describing it to a 3rd party makes it sound better than it was.

>
> The stoner's death in CotLD was my favorite part
> (although I had a good chuckle at the chimney
> scene). If you really want to see some nicely done
> effects, check out 'Carver'. It's light on story,
> but heavy on gore. It's low budget, but they put a
> lot of care into it, and did a great job.

Is it up now? If not I'll NetFlix it.
Anonymous User
May 21, 2008
It's not up now -- you'll have to use Netflix if you want to see it, which is actually a good thing, because they have the UNRATED edition.

*BTW, the movie was 'The Slaughter', not CotLD -- but I've seen them both, and recommend CotLD if you like low-budget B-movies.
May 22, 2008
You're right. God, it sucked so bad I ALMOST forgot about it. What is one you own and watch again and again?
May 22, 2008
the one i see most often.. is rocky horror picture show. followed by night 90..

May 22, 2008
Don't know if this one is horror or not but i could live in the world that is "Sleepy Hollow".
Anonymous User
May 22, 2008
The original ‘Dawn of the Dead’, a late 80’s cult classic called ‘Night of the Demons’, ‘The Descent’ has become a recent favorite, and even though it’s not really a horror (but is labeled as one) ‘Death Proof’ from the Grindhouse double-feature.

Plus there’s a movie made in 2006 called ‘Hatchet’ that I highly recommend. It’s funny, and the gore is INCREDIBLY well-done.
May 22, 2008
Stephanie, I am SO taking notes.
Anonymous User
May 23, 2008
If you have any recommendations, let me know (especially zombie movies).
May 23, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films

planet terror is one freaky film..

May 27, 2008
Stephanie Wrote:
> If you have any recommendations, let me know
> (especially zombie movies).

28 Days Later- instant classic- I did NOT like the fact that they could sneak up on you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login