Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What movie have you seen lately?

Posted by Rose Red 
Re: What movie have you seen lately?
May 27, 2008
i have 28 days and 28 weeks later..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
May 27, 2008
I *loved* the scene in 28 Weeks Later with the husband/wife infected kiss. I thought it was going to be a disappointing movie (like most horror sequels), but I was pleasantly surprised.
May 28, 2008
I did sit through "Saw 2" twice recently just to gauage how good a villian 'Jig Saw" really is.
June 25, 2008
Glitter! Purely for the pain factor. Pretty bad, but not as bad as I've heard. ANYTHING that comes out of Mariah's mouth hurts, though..
June 25, 2008
We just watched "Glen or Glenda" the other night, it is probably one of the worst told tales in the history of film making. That said, it's a fun movie to watch and mock with friends.

We went to the drive in and saw the new Indiana Jones movie during a thunderstorm, which made it GREAT. Without that environment, it would have made me cry with how mediocre it was. It was a double feature with the Rolling Stones concert film, which I will admit was tolerable. We only had to listen to our own music for two songs.

Any one care to rate The Happening? I've heard mixed reviews, but nothing from people I trust. Obviously, I don't want to actually know what's happening...just if it's worth the money to see it in the theater.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
June 26, 2008
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We just watched "Glen or Glenda" the other night,
> it is probably one of the worst told tales in the
> history of film making. That said, it's a fun
> movie to watch and mock with friends.
>
> We went to the drive in and saw the new Indiana
> Jones movie during a thunderstorm, which made it
> GREAT. Without that environment, it would have
> made me cry with how mediocre it was. It was a
> double feature with the Rolling Stones concert
> film, which I will admit was tolerable. We only
> had to listen to our own music for two songs.
>
> Any one care to rate The Happening? I've heard
> mixed reviews, but nothing from people I trust.
> Obviously, I don't want to actually know what's
> happening...just if it's worth the money to see it
> in the theater.

Isn't that M night whatever his name is? Not a good track record there. I had such expectations for both The Village and Lady in the Water and both sucked.
Anonymous User
June 27, 2008
i just watched a clockwork orange for the millionth time.. viddy well
June 27, 2008
oh my brother (droog), did you viddy those psistas, and the litso.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 27, 2008
"The Girl Next Door", a 1998 picture of a very young girl who kills her married policeman-lover's wife when he pressures her to do it. I felt sorry for the young lady who was taken in by this guy who went on how the wife was always threatening to take his kids away if he left her. He was just a corrupt cop (buying stolen stuff for his mistress) who did not want his wife to narc on him because she was mad about other women. The young thing cannot live with herself and has nightmares & visions of seeing the dead wife while living with the cop and taking care of his kids. He starts cheating on her naturally...and she goes to the police shrink. Both go to jail. It is galling how a younger woman like that can be taken in by a conniving daddio. Ack...it is just a movie. I was like, "Who CARES if the wife takes those precious, precious children." Scary thing is how many women would fall for that garbage when they were that young (under 20). I watched in last night from the Tivo.
June 27, 2008
I just saw "Deadly Vows". It seems to be "kill your wife week with young lovers helping the guys". Why are these chicks so damned stupid? This movie was supposedly based on a real story. It is easy to believe after the Amy Fisher/Joey Buttafuco thing. I have been tired this week so mind-numbing movies have hit the spot. There are a lot of slick people out there waiting to exploit naive young things. There was some school teacher who got her teenaged lover to kill her husband. Lovely...huh?

I saw "Reality Bites" two nights ago. I saw that eons ago when it came out in '94 on a date. I felt sorry for the Gen X'ers as I am early Generation X. This time, I did not feel sorry for this bunch of whiny slackers who felt everything was owed to them and this one woman who was astonished she got fired from a telly job when she screwed up the talk show guy's lines making him sound like a pervert. Gee...she really thought she would make it big at the station after doing that???

Movies are a trip. Old date wanted to go see more dumb movies like "Ace Ventura Pet Detective". That got old really quick. I preferred going roller skating at the time which the fellow enjoyed so there were a few more dates until he went back to his home state.
July 01, 2008
This weekend: "Dark Days"- documentary about homeless people living in the subway. Fascinating.
July 01, 2008
MwB, We TV also has the breederific movies. I watched "Safe Harbor" last night. It is from a Danielle Steel book. The widow, a French woman, was cool and her daughter was a nice kid. Widow falls in love with artist who has his own issues. The widow also finds out her best friend's baby was not done by artificial insemination but had sex with the husband and got knocked up. The widow confronts the friend yet the woman whines to not blame the bay-bee. Widow tells Ex-Friend that she does not give a damn about moo or the baby. However, the woman takes on the toddler at the end when the ex-pal died of cancer. The "friend" felt it was punishment for what she did to her friend. Karma is a b*tch. More mindless entertainment... tongue sticking out smiley
July 02, 2008
just bought, dairy of the dead, and the omen pentalogy box set. wink
July 06, 2008
I just watched "Meet the Spartans" with a few friends, which is a spoof of "300". It was totally brainless entertainment and pretty terrible, but one of those films that is kind of fun to laugh at with a group of people. I recently saw "The Strangers" and the new Indiana Jones movie in the theater.
July 07, 2008
I watched 12 Monkeys the other night. Bruce Willis can't make a bad film.
July 10, 2008
planet terror?

the lasty boy scout?

July 16, 2008
married with rabbits Wrote:
> I'm a fan of the British comedy Are You Being
> Served. Netflix has all the episodes and the
> movie.
>
> I also want to recapture my childhood by renting
> all the Tales of Avonlea episodes.
>
> So that's what I'll be doing this winter. If only
> I can get a sofa by then.

I tried to get Shelley Duvall's "Faerie Tale Theatre" at Netflix and although they are listed, you can't even reserve one yet!

-Saw "Picnic" last night- the old one

-Sorry about your sofa situation, MWR, we did the computer chair thing too for a while after the old man smashed 2 camp chairs by sitting on them. Moved viewing operations to a room that DID have a sofa.
Anonymous User
July 22, 2008
Wall-e..
Very cute and very sobering in spots.
Well done, as always with Pixar.
Preceded by a short involving a magician, a bunny, two magic hats, and a carrot.
July 22, 2008
This weekend, saw: "Helvetica"- documentary about a typeface

"Confessions of a superhero"- documentary about people in Hollywood who spend their timein front of Mann's chinese Theatre dressed as superheroes for tips while they wait for their big break.

The first one put me to sleep, the second was depressing but didn't surprise me in terms of the Hollywood "mill".
deegee
September 20, 2008
I saw "Swing Vote" with my ladyfriend back in July. Being a political junkie, it was fun to see the epitome of how recent presidential elections are decided - by *stupid* (read: easily persuaded, uninformed people) people in evenly split states.

I am looking forward to Bill Maher's "Religulous" which comes out in October.
bratBgone
September 20, 2008
I've seen a bunch lately. Pineapple Express (I like stoner movies), Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (Really sweet), The Promotion (Clever writing, really funny!) Tropic Thunder (A few funny parts). I finally got around to watching Transamerica a few weeks ago on video (Great film!). Saw The Dark Knight twice. I know there are more, but can't think of them right now.
September 20, 2008
"Paradise lost"- a documentary about 3 kids wrongly accused of killing 3 other kids. Haunting. also watched 'Truman" last night was was awestruck by it's quiet beauty.
bratBgone
September 20, 2008
Rose Red Wrote:
> "Paradise lost"- a documentary about 3 kids
> wrongly accused of killing 3 other kids.
> Haunting. also watched 'Truman" last night was
> was awestruck by it's quiet beauty.

That's a strange coincidence, my husband dug "Truman" out of our collection to watch later today.
September 30, 2008
Sat through "Groundhog Day" and "Men in black" this weekend for old times sake.
deegee
October 01, 2008
I saw "Swingvote" with my ladyfriend back in August. GAWD, it personifies how presidential elections are decided by idiot voters from battleground or "swing" states. It is scary to thnk that our next president will be decided by a handful of moronic voters in Ohio, Colorado, New Mexico, Virginia, Michigan, etc.

I can't wait to see Bill Maher's "Religulous" which comes out later this week. If anyone here sees it, please tell us what you think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login