Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heavenly Creatures: Another reason not to spawn

Posted by LucyTrainWreck 
Heavenly Creatures: Another reason not to spawn
May 28, 2008
Here's another reason to not have kids: So your teenage daughter and her friend won't go batshit crazy and bash your head in with a brick! "Heavenly Creatures" is a film by Peter Jackson and based on a true story from the 1950s in New Zealand. It's a great movie, but really freaky!

Does anyone enjoy other films that unintentionally give people reasons not to sprog?
Re: Heavenly Creatures: Another reason not to spawn
May 29, 2008
i love films that dont have children in, where children are a secondary thing not mentioned..

i like brimstone and treacle one of the odder films. not easy and disturbing,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083693/

i like seance on a wet afternoon this has

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058557/

Myra, a self-styled psychic in London, concocts a scheme to gain celebrity. She convinces Billy, her weak-willed husband, to kidnap the young daughter of wealthy parents. She and Billy will demand money, and then she will go to the parents with extra-sensory messages that will help the police find the child and the ransom. The plan unfolds beautifully, except that after her first visit to the parents, the police want to check her out. He's scared. As her delusions worsen, Bill realizes Myra may not want the child found alive. Behind it all is also the death at birth, years before, of their only child, whom they've named Arthur and who is Myra's contact with the beyond.

She so wanted a child that she created him as a spirit guide..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 29, 2008
just watching beetlejuice.. and i didnt know or recall that first bingo..

the house it too big,, it should go to someone with kids.. then the couple says maybe we should try again this vacation.. Just before they crash and die

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 29, 2008
LucyTrainWreck Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's another reason to not have kids: So your
> teenage daughter and her friend won't go batshit
> crazy and bash your head in with a brick!
> "Heavenly Creatures" is a film by Peter Jackson
> and based on a true story from the 1950s in New
> Zealand. It's a great movie, but really freaky!
>
> Does anyone enjoy other films that unintentionally
> give people reasons not to sprog?

The Omen comes to mind, but wasn't he adopted? ANY movie where the kid goes bad is always a riot.
May 29, 2008
swapped at birth, the real mother was a jackal..

LucyTrainWreck Wrote:
> Here's another reason to not have kids: So your
> teenage daughter and her friend won't go batshit
> crazy and bash your head in with a brick!
> "Heavenly Creatures" is a film by Peter Jackson
> and based on a true story from the 1950s in New
> Zealand. It's a great movie, but really freaky!
>

Ooh ooh, I know this is an old-ish thread, but I just had to say that I love that film too, it's one of my favourites.
Scary story, that movie was filmed in my hometown (where the real murder happened), and as a child I used to play in the park where the murder took place!! I didn't know though, until I first saw the movie when I was 13 or so, and I said to my mum, 'Did you know that woman was murdered in that park you used to take me to play in when I was little?!' and she was like, 'Of course!'. I was like, 'Then why did you let me play there? That's freaky!'. I mean, ok, by the time I was playing there about 40 years had passed since the murder, but still - it freaked me out!
mercurior Wrote:
>
>
>
> i like brimstone and treacle one of the odder
> films. not easy and disturbing,
>

>i havent seen the sting version but i have seen the original one i saw it when i was living in england in 97/98 it was on the bbc from memory it hadnt been shown on tv for years as i was banned or something to that effect.it was very distrubing and something i had never forgotten the original version is on you tube
>
>
>
June 23, 2008
Arctic_Fox Wrote:
>
> Ooh ooh, I know this is an old-ish thread, but I
> just had to say that I love that film too, it's
> one of my favourites.
> Scary story, that movie was filmed in my hometown
> (where the real murder happened), and as a child I
> used to play in the park where the murder took
> place!! I didn't know though, until I first saw
> the movie when I was 13 or so, and I said to my
> mum, 'Did you know that woman was murdered in that
> park you used to take me to play in when I was
> little?!' and she was like, 'Of course!'. I was
> like, 'Then why did you let me play there? That's
> freaky!'. I mean, ok, by the time I was playing
> there about 40 years had passed since the murder,
> but still - it freaked me out!

That's creepy! It's like, "thanks mom, please send me to therapy now!"
June 23, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
> swapped at birth, the real mother was a jackal..

In the Omen remake of two years ago, the husband suggested to his frazzled wife - who was dealing with Nasty Damien - how she needed to have another baybee to help her mental state. It did not matter the woman was freaked at having a demon child and she was reduced to living in a bathrobe! It is like that in "real life": Just go ahead and have another one. As if cranking out another baby is going to solve the problem. Look at Andrea Yates. If having more kids made a woman mentally healthier, the Yates woman would be the pillar of mental health!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login