Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Worst movies?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Worst movies?
July 13, 2008
Hey all, thought this could be a good spin-off of the 'what good movies have you seen lately?' thread - What are some of the worst movies you've seen?

For me, the worst movie I've ever seen so far was 'Bulletproof Monk'. If you haven't seen it, DON'T (unless you like deliberately watching bad movies in order to laugh at how bad they are, of course. A girlfriend and I do that sometimes). It was terrible. Just terrible. Cheesy storyline, bad acting, random subplots that came out of nowhere and left me scratching my head going 'huh? where did that come from?', and so on. I should have known better, I mean it stars Seann William Scott, and he isn't exactly an Oscar winner.

I also hated 'Kingdom of Heaven'. Ridley Scott owes me three hours of my life back for that.

Finally, I thought the second Matrix movie (Reloaded?) was awful. The first one = awesome, the third one = alright, but the second one was horrible. IMHO.

What others are there?
Re: Worst movies?
July 14, 2008
planet terror, most remakes, sphere or event horizon about space ship reaching the edge of space abringing back demons???

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 15, 2008
Anything with Julia Roberts but I thought The English Patient was incredibly long and overwrought.
Anonymous User
July 15, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> planet terror, most remakes, sphere or event
> horizon about space ship reaching the edge of
> space abringing back demons???

LOL my brother (who normally has good taste in these things) LOVES Event Horizon! He kept raving about it for so long that eventually I borrowed his copy to see what the fuss was about. Conclusion? Um, yeah... I've seen better!!
Ketchup
July 20, 2008
Worst movie I've ever seen? "What Dreams May Come". UGH, it's so awful!! It's a sappy breederific pander-fest. And it has really shitty dialogue.
July 22, 2008
Don't know idf this qualifies as the "worst" (so many to choose from!) but CHUD 2 was on this weekend.

Another one for the list: Mystic Pizza. I actually left the house when my mom tried to make me watch it. I would imagine "My Best Friend's Wedding" would incite me to murder.
July 23, 2008
Anything where the review/description includes the phrase "romantic comedy" makes me want to vomit out my eyes. I also generally avoid animated features from any of the large animation houses. People might say "Oh Wall-E/Cars/Toy Story are sooooo good though", and every time I believe them, I end up watching some vomitrocious toe the fambily line b.s.

The worst movie I've ever seen? Soul Plane, fortunately we snuck in, so it was "free", except for the loss of time and a little bit of my humanity. A close second would be some Adamn Sandler flick where the boom mic should have gotten a mention in the credits I saw it poking in the top of the frame so much. It was so terrible, I can't remember the name of it, I just remember enduring it because it was the first feature at the drive in.

After several sleepless nights during heat waves I used to go to the dollar theater at night to cool down so I could sleep. Once, in such a situation, I went to the theater and told the ticket seller "I'd like to see your worst film, please.". "Really?" he asked and I said "yes..the worst one". I don't remember what other films were playing, but he recommended Anaconda. It was indeed one of the most unintentially hilarious, and terrible films, I've seen.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
July 24, 2008
Last night, a new personal best:

"Flirting with disaster" with Ben Stiller. Every single character is repulsive, the situations are stupid and the characters are ignorant and amoral.
July 24, 2008
shaun of the dead thats technially a rom com.. with some zoms wink

yes i am still alive.. barely..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 27, 2008
"Boondock Saints" - I know this is a 'cult classic', but I loathed it. Everyone I know raved about it and how it was a work of art, and I wanted to gouge my eyes out with rusty grapefruit spoons when I was forced to watch it for an English assignment.

Following in a close second place is "Citizen Toxie" - I heard in my ears a sound that most resembled a tap dancer putting on an act upon a carpet of bubble wrap. It was my brain cells going pop-pop-pop-pop at the sheer retardedness of the film. I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot take a "hero" seriously who wears a tutu.
barbara
July 30, 2008
All Ben Stiller and Rob Schneider comedies are terrible.
August 01, 2008
barbara Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All Ben Stiller and Rob Schneider comedies are
> terrible.

Will Ferrell couldn't make me laugh if you paid me.
Krishna
August 06, 2008
"Stolen Innocence" from LMN. Tracey Gold played an 18/year-old "runaway" (18 is legal age) who falls in love with a man who holds her captive. Stacy is awful to her parents especially her mom as she is Daddy's Girl who her father always defends despite sneaking out and being a tw@t. The Fibbies have to get involved with the police to get this lying sneak back to her parents. Mother and Father should have just said, "Forget it," and let their nasty daughter pay for her evil ways. Most ungrateful children never learn a lesson.
Krishna
August 06, 2008
Apparently, "Stolen Innocence" was a true story as there are other DVDs for similar things and this picture is part of the package. There was never an update if the nasty teen, Stacy Sapp, became a better person after her ordeal or if she went back to her party girl ways and hassled her mother who only loved her.

http://www.pressplayshopping.tv/store/product.asp?WebProductID=39
Krishna
August 06, 2008
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9B0DE1DF1E38F933A1575AC0A961948260

Here is MORE from that "Stolen Innocence" movie. The girl was listed as 17 in the NYT paper. And...it stated how authorities suspect that the Little Sweetie was very much involved in the shakedown of $30K from her family. The movie made the nasty little teen into a victim, of course, because LMC is about those happy endings. I just did not buy it so I went internet searching which is why I have too many links here! Funny how some of the movie links portray this girl as a little sweetie who had to run away from her overbearing mother. All the "overbearing" mother wanted her daughter to do was stop sneaking out to get drunk and have sex as well as request she finish school. tongue sticking out smiley
August 08, 2008
I can hardly sit still when a movie panders to famblee values and revises history. "Erin Brockvich" was a known bimbo and misogynist- but wanted clean water for the cillldddrrreenn while shoving other women out of the way. Perfect for Julia.
Krishna
August 08, 2008
Ohgods...I loathed the "Erin Brockovich". She is not the hero everyone proclaims. Here is her MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/erin_brockovich

The pitiful thing is still parading around in her little bustiers (sp?) as if she was 20. She looks a little sorry in that thing at her age.

I'd read in an article so long ago how she neglected her children a lot. She bought herself an out-of-work actor as a boy toy after she got a cut of the action.

She has not done much but display her private parts and here is another article in her. Apparently, the lawyer she got the PG&E money for her felt forced to hire her after he was waffling on an accident case for the greedy woman. PG&E only paid out because court would actually cost more.

http://www.alternet.org/story/174

It is hard to find anything on the little darling as the media loves those stories of the slutty single moo with the heart of gold.

Sorry for nasty language...
Krishna
August 08, 2008
Ain't it a trip how these movies revise history. I was stunned about what I dug up on Stacey Sapp re: that "Stolen Innocence" movie and how she was suspected of doing a shakedown but the guy took the entire rap instead. The FBI could not prove any suspicions as the boyfriend/supposed "captor" would not talk.
Anonymous User
August 18, 2008
I hated A.I.
Totally depressing.
August 20, 2008
Anything with Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks, or, especially Adam Sandler. His latest film, a "comedy" about an Israeli assassin turned hairdresser sounds like the nadir in taste. I loved the restrainedly acidic review it got from the NYT:

"In “You Don’t Mess With the Zohan” (opening June 6), Mr. Sandler plays an Israeli assassin who flees to the United States to become a hairdresser. Trailers for the film promise plenty of broad farce, physical comedy and at least one lewd dance routine. What the ad campaign for “Zohan” does not emphasize is that the film also attempts to satirize the continuing tensions between Israel and its Arab neighbors, and provide humorous commentary on one of the least funny topics of modern times with a comedian who is not exactly known for incisive political wit."

No. Not exactly.
August 20, 2008
I forgot about A.I!!!!!!!!!!! Teh suck!
bratBgone
September 18, 2008
Do you all know about www.watch-movies.net? It has movies that are still on in the theatres, bootlegs and such. Some are really great quality, others kinda suck. I usually check out a movie on here first before going to see it or buying or renting it.
September 18, 2008
I agree about AI mainly because the plot was a WONDERFUL idea, but they really dropped the ball toward the end. Water World was like that as well in that the movie could have been SO good, but it just flopped as did West World, another good idea that fizzled. The Planet of the Apes redo/remake or whatever, REALLY pissed me off as if it was nothing like the original, other than the apes, so WHY did they name it that? By FAR though, The Blair Witch Project was THE WORST movie of the century.Mr. T: I pitty tha fooldMr. T: I pitty tha fooldMr. T: I pitty tha fooldMr. T: I pitty tha foold The ONLY thing I can think of good to say about it is that it had a wonderful marketing/advertising team.
September 19, 2008
When Tropic Thunder was playing I walked out on it- i haven't done that in a decade. 30 Days of Night was a big letdown too, as was cloverfield. Horror fans cannot be pleased.
Anonymous User
September 19, 2008
cloverfield was terrible, it could have been good, i hate how they shot it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login