Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Walking Dead S4 + World War Z *SPOILERS*

Posted by Dorisan 
The Walking Dead S4 + World War Z *SPOILERS*
October 17, 2013
Not a bad start to TWD, though I noticed that the opener to each season was generally buzz worthy, then the rest of the season I watched with ambivalence.

Love that Carol seems to be taking a more prominent, governing role; thought it was kinda stupid, the way Darryl was given a rock star entrance (wonder if that might be some ironic writing on the part of the 4th season creators, considering the fan following he has developed?).

Some head scratchers? The pig was sick. Ummm, isn't Herschel a veterinarian? No one said "hey Herschel. Our future sausage patty doesn't look good. check her out?" Rick noted the bleeding eyes Walker a couple of times, but seemed to react more with curiosity than alarm. Weak-weak spots in the plot.

World War Z - the Brad Pitt movie that is nothing like the book? Actually, not that bad. I would rather call it "28 Days Later - The Reboot." Good action sequences, scary zombies (the humans-in-makeup kind, not the silly CGI zombies), Brad Pitt doesn't puff himself up and make out like an action hero. He's just a UN bureaucrat who got shafted by his superiors (very briefly mentioned but there had to be some explanation of why he was a civilian) who very reluctantly takes up his old position, not because he wants to save the world, but because he wants to save his family. The end definitely sets up a sequel.
Re: The Walking Dead S4 + World War Z *SPOILERS*
October 20, 2013
Dorisan
World War Z - the Brad Pitt movie that is nothing like the book? Actually, not that bad. I would rather call it "28 Days Later - The Reboot." Good action sequences, scary zombies (the humans-in-makeup kind, not the silly CGI zombies), Brad Pitt doesn't puff himself up and make out like an action hero.

I really like World War Z! Granted, it doesn't take much to make me watch a postapocalyptic flick. The zombie thing was a bonus. I liked the zombies and liked the major action sequences.

With the WD Season 4, I couldn't get over how grotesque the walkers were looking two faces puking I guess that's what happens after a few years with the elements. Damn! And my stomach can usually take these kinds of shows.
October 21, 2013
What is this bullshit with Michone getting all soft over the baby? For fuck's sake. There have even been rumblings on other boards with people questioning why they always do this to women, making them all have to be maternal in some way or having unresolved issues over kyds.

Now we had Maggie not caring if she had gotten pregnant, the bratty new kids feeding the zombies, whats-her-name teenager being the caregiver for Judith, Carol being bizarro story time lady, Michone showing some kind of chink in the armor over the baybee. And they killed off the only half interesting kid with the bloody eye virus.
October 21, 2013
blondie
There have even been rumblings on other boards with people questioning why they always do this to women, making them all have to be maternal in some way or having unresolved issues over kyds.

I've noted that male filmmakers, executives and writers, do this for two reasons: an ego-driven investment in limiting women to hormonal hags who, even when badass like Michonne, will revert to their hardwired destiny of baby rabies. It also satisfies their misogyny and justifies writing women poorly in most productions.

I was reading an article in Variety and most of these men at the decision-making level in studios have SAHMoos without careers of their own. Basically, broodmares who shit out their spoiled, worthless spawn in exchange for their wallets' largesse smile rolling left righteyes2
October 22, 2013
blondie
What is this bullshit with Michone getting all soft over the baby?

Isn't that just the puke?

When the kid started howling, Michone got a pained look on her face and an expression that said "get that fucking brat outa here!" I was cheering for her at that point. Then, while doing kick ass crunches she gets some sort of epiphany? Whaaat? I hit the timeline and scrolled past the rest. *yuck*

I hope the Big Mystery about the person feeding rat heads to the Walkers and "who killed Tyreese's girlfriend" provides a good payoff.

I really have to wonder about the group's hazmat methods. With all the knife-sticking and poking Walkers through the fence, someone is going to get blood in their eyes or a pricked with a sharp edge and contaminated with Walker blood. They just seem very cavalier about how they dispatch the enemy.

Oh ... and those poor pigs sad smiley
November 04, 2013
Thoughts on Rick giving Carol the boot?

I was surprised, but I kinda understand it. Carol seems to be struggling with her humanity.

Yes Karen and David were sick, but they weren't bleeding out yet and who knows how long it would've taken to get to where Patrick was when he collapsed in the shower room? Karen and David were locked up and isolated from everyone else, so they couldn't continue to pass on the flu.

Also, although Carol said they were the only ones sick, they obviously were not. Plenty others, including Sasha also ended up in quarantine then, and there's no way to say that David or Karen infected them. Karen was nearly cuddled up with Tyrese prior to being exiled to quarantine, yet he isn't sick at all.

Also, there's the matter of being infectious. Aren't you, generally, most infectious before you're even showing symptoms? So, even though Karen and David were the first to show symptoms (after Patrick's attack), who is to say the infection was passed by them to the others?

I suppose in rather illogical theory, the idea of "kill the tainted" seemed like a good idea to stop the flu. Logically though, it didn't work and made no sense.

Carol killed the first 2 to show symptoms, but how many are in quarantine now? Like at least a dozen, right? That includes the doctor, Glenn and Herschel who have now been exposed (by the Dr. coughing blood on him). Would she willingly kill all of them? Would she kill Glenn and Herschel?

Daryl & Co are out risking their lives to bring back medicine to save those sick people, yet Carol would just as soon kill them all and put the scavenging group at risk for nothing?

I couldn't help but think last night, about the second half of season 2, when Rick was debating with the group whether to put Randall to death, for the "good of the group." Of course Shane was all gung-ho to do so, on what Dale rightfully stated was the presumption that Randall WOULD cause harm to them if left alive; even though they had no way of knowing that he would.

I remember Rick, not really wanting to kill Randall, asking the group to speak up with their "votes". Carol said it was unfair to put that burden on the group; to ask them to decide whether a guy who was a potential threat, should be preemptively put to death. She didn't want to play judge, jury and executioner.

In the end, of course, Rick could not execute Randall. So, I think he perhaps saw a bit of Shane in Carol last night. She was cold and calculated -- with no regrets -- about putting down people who could be a threat (though they were locked up and isolated); that's what Shane argued; kill Randall before Randall could try anything against them.

I'm not saying that Carol = Shane. I don't think she's as mental as he was. But, I think she's treading down that same path.

I think it probably didn't help either, that Carol was eager to agree to the Hippie couple -- who were clearly inexperienced and bound to become zombie fodder -- to venture out on their own to help Rick and Carol; whereas Rick knew they were vulnerable and wanted them to stay put for their own good. I almost got the feeling that Carol thought it would be a good test for the couple to go out and help scavenge. She figured if they were weak, they would end up zombie chow; which is what happened to the girl at least.

I know Rick has had his ups and down and struggles with his moral compass, but with his taking in the Woodbury survivors and considering taking in the Hippie couple, I think he's hanging on to that humanity a bit more. Carol seems to be in survival of the fittest mode; and if someone can't do it on their own, well sucks to be them. That in itself is ironic, because from the beginning up until this season, the group has protected Carol when she was unwilling or incapable of doing it herself. People help her; she becomes stronger and capable, and then she tells weaker types to just basically FOAD?
November 04, 2013
Carol slowly went nuts because she didn't/couldn't deal with Sofia's death, hence her obsession with those two girls. She isn't blazing obvious crazy but she is stealthy crazy. She is dangerous and unpredictable and Rick knows it. She isn't the *strong* woman she thinks she is, she is weak because she needs to lose her humanity in order to survive. Michonne is a strong woman, Maggie is, and I think anyone who can go through that world and all it's loss and chaos and NOT become a cold, indifferent survival-bot is strong. People like Shane and Carol and of course the guvnah, not so much, regardless of how long they live, and how powerful they seem, they changed inside, just like a person who dies changes into a walker.
November 04, 2013
Exactly, Blondie. I agree that Maggie and Michonne are truly the strong ones; who cope with adversity without letting it destroy their humanity. Carol seems to think that strength = not giving a shit about anyone anymore (although she has a bond with the little girls). Michonne is going in the opposite direction, deciding to stick around instead of being a loner, to have feelings and bond with the group. She's not letting anger drive her anymore. It's almost like Carol and Michonne have switched places.

Although I think Rick made the right decision, I'm sure it's going to blow up in his face anyways, when Daryl gets back and finds out that Rick put Carol out. I imagine the group will be somewhat divided over his unilateral decision; but really, could they afford to have Carol there in her state of mind?

I thought it was ridiculous for her to bring up his killing Shane as well, because, Shane had tried multiple times to get Rick out of the way so that he could have Rick's family. Rick was in imminent danger of Shane killing him again in woods. Karen and David posed no imminent threat to Carol or anyone else while locked up in isolation. I'm not sure how Carol could see the 2 situations as similar, but maybe that's just an example of her crazy.

I also don't know how she could think that Rick could just keep quiet and not tell anyone about what she did. It might have been different if she was sad and regretful and he felt that she would not just go out and do it again to someone else who is sick. But, I think she very likely would do the same again, and make Rick a party to it by having to cover it up.

I have no idea where Carol goes from here; literally and figuratively. It did seem to me that they are trying to build something between Michonne and Daryl, so perhaps this is to get Carol off the screen for the meantime; then she will come back and they will be something of a couple. I can only imagine her reaction to that.
November 28, 2013
This thread is kinda dead lately; anyone still watching? Predictions for who is going to bite the dust in this Sunday's mid-season finale? I can't help but think it's going to be Hershel for sure. It seems as though the Governor is going to kidnap Hershel and Michonne, but I cannot see Michonne dying at all.

Hershel, they need him a lot; especially since the doctor from Woodbury died from the flu epidemic a couple of weeks ago, and the only other person with some medical training, Carol, was turned out by Rick. I think that leaves Bob the paramedic and Hershel as the only medical personnel, so most likely, they are going to kill Hershel and it will spur the group to leave the prison by the second half of the season.

I would have to think the Governor is going to die on Sunday as well -- or rather have it be a cliffhanger and we find out in Feb. that he's a goner. I like the actor -- David Morissey -- a lot, but, I think they've gone as far as they can with the Governor. They tried the last 2 episodes to build some characterization and a little backstory from the time jump of last season; but, there simply is not enough being shown that the Governor can be anything but what he is. He will always revert back to a cold-blooded murderer, even if he thinks he's doing the best for his family. I don't think that kind of character can last; he's a straight-up villain, willing to murder all the folks in the prison (again) to take what they've got.

I understand survival of the fittest and wholely endorse it in the Zombie Apocalypse, but the Governor goes way too far; pro-actively killing people he doesn't think can make it, apparently. I compare that a bit to Carol, murdering the sick people in the prison without giving them a chance to recover. I think with those kinds of characters, you can just never be comfortable; never feel you could turn your back on them for a second, without the risk of them killing you off with the claim of it being for the "greater good".

Of course, I don't believe Carol is at the level of the Governor (or if she ever will be), but I kinda wish she had stumbled on his group and then witnessed him killing off those men, for only the reason that he considered them to be weak; not for any transgressions they'd committed. It might have given her a little perspective and allowed her to go back to the prison if she would admit she was in the wrong with her killings.

Much as I don't really care for the characters -- especially with all these claims that she's so strong and whatnot, since she was completely useless until this season -- I suppose I would like to see her having been lingering near the prison and perhaps be the one to off the Governor and prevent more needless bloodshed amongst the prison folk.

Anyways, I've gotten a bit off-track here. Again, I think Hershel will be a casualty, and perhaps the Governor. I can't really see anyone else biting the dust. I don't think they'll kill Darryl (fan backlash, including mine) and I really hope they don't kill Rick because I am in total lust with the character and the actor, but a lot of the other characters are seemingly expendable. Beth doesn't do anything but care for the baybee. The remaining Woodburyites are probably cannon fodder, but who would really care about their deaths? Same goes for the rest of the Governor's group.

I don't think they have the balls to kill off the baybee at all, and I think Carl is safe because he's the Future Rick/leader. Plus, Rick just really can't take any more loss or he's boarding the train back to crazytown. And while I even enjoyed Crazy-Rick, I think that we got enough of that last season.

So, I suppose my feeling is that Hershel is going to be the only name character who dies. Maybe that Lily chick, the Moo of the little girl that the Governor is now hooked up with. I could see them have a Governor/Penny redux there with him taking "custody" after her Moo dies. So, I could see the Gov living for that storyline purpose, but I really think his time should be up, unless he's going to get a lot more balance as a character instead of full-on evil.

I'll be disappointed if they kill off any serious number of name characters from the prison only to replace them with the New Woodbury rejects. There is not one character from the Gov's new group that I think is viable or interesting.

I think we're going to be stuck with the Wanna-be cop though. Tara? She seems useless and pointless, kind of an Andrea redux with someone who thinks and acts all badass but then can barely tie her shoes much less wield a weapon like the rambo-wannabe she pretends to be. Granted, Andrea improved a lot from her introduction and did become a viable character, I just have no desire to see it play out with new chick; or have them come back next season and she's insta-badass a la Carol. If they wanted a new Andrea, they should've just kept the original recipe. Tara is not remotely likeable.
November 30, 2013
So they're still stuck at the prison, that Governor bastard is still alive, Carol's gone nuts and there are brats all over the place? Wow. I was really pissed off (again) that I couldn't get AMC and watch the new season after I went through my Season 3 DVDs, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing out on much.

(I'm watching "Sleepy Hollow" instead, BTW. It's pretty awesome so far!)
December 01, 2013
CFChevyGirl
This thread is kinda dead lately; anyone still watching?

:::raises hand::: Me.

Lilly kind of summed up my view of the series "No one mentioned how boring the end of the world was going to be."

I found the last two episodes involving Brian/One-Eye Bri/the Governor to be a welcome break. The first episode - The Gov is abandoned by his most faithful minions and has something of a '40 days alone in the wilderness' experience that seems to burn out the arrogance and desire to dominate. He is taken in by a family much like the one he lost and very reluctantly becomes their caretaker.

(IMO) I don't think he wanted to resurrect his old role, instead preferring to just take to the road and shelter his new family. The phrase Lilly uttered once they were among the people being lead by Martinez; something about finally feeling safe; seemed to truly hurt Brian. Here he thinks he's been doing a good job of protecting them, then gets a hurtful truth that his family thinks him inadequate in that role. He put a lot lot emphasis on putting the old Governor role behind him when he bashed Martinez in the head, screaming "I don't want it!"

When Brian hustled his protesting family out of the camp (Lilly actually thought living in a leaking trailer among a camp of other Joad family dwellers was the best she could ever hope for?) and was stopped by the mud-bogged Walker herd, the look of resignation on his face was the "oh shit" moment for me. The Governor wasn't dead, just repressed. The rest of the episode wasn't too surprising.

I'm just not as much into the series as I was the first two seasons. Herschel is not a good replacement for Dale as someone with a strong moral compass. Shane's crazy ass behavior was more interesting than The Governor. My suspension of disbelief about living in a zombie apocalypse has snapped. I just can't accept that the survivors would be living such a hard scrabble existence a year or 18 months after the zompoc.

A WD spinoff is set to go in 2015. I'm pinning my hopes that such a series will revive the interest that has declined for me during the last two seasons.
December 01, 2013
Snark Shark
Dorisan
. My suspension of disbelief about living in a zombie apocalypse has snapped. I just can't accept that the survivors would be living such a hard scrabble existence a year or 18 months after the zompoc.

then don't read the comic! most of the problems aren't from zombies, though. it's from other humans!

Been tempted! I seem to recall that most of the volumes have been compressed into a compilation.

I understand that the human vs human drama would escalate, but that they'd be living in such squalor - old, battered RVs; a run down prison complex? pfffft Please. I'm sitting here in a four story office building, imagining what I'd do. A brick facility with a wide expanse of roof? Shoot. Rustle up solar panels, build a greenhouse and raised garden beds on an asphalt roof, set up barrels to collect rain water, fortify the courtyard to become a small animal pen (chickens/goats). Guards from the roof would be able to pick off Walkers that approached ....

It's a dramatic device, having the survivors exist in circumstances that are always fraught with danger and suffer from lack of resources, I just don't think it would fall that way if such an event actually occurred. Going back thousands of years, humans fortified themselves in walled settings to be safe, squirreling away supplies and creating inside space to grow sustenance. That the Grimes Gang thinks a chain link fence is sturdy enough to keep out Walkers and save themselves from living enemies shows how stupid they are.
December 01, 2013
Finally got my wish with the Governor's death. I'm upset that Herschel had to be taken with him.

Of course the people under the Governor are morons. They were blindly following a complete stranger, listening to his half-truths and never questioning anything. Now all of them are dead and the Grimes gang is down only one.

Michonne is my queen, always and forever.

Now everybody is separated, again.

Oh, and I'm glad the kids weren't fully useless and actually got a little badass.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

December 01, 2013
paragon schnitzophonic
Finally got my wish with the Governor's death.

Really? YAY! About time. That's for Andrea and Smithers*, you fucker.

Sorry about Herschel, though.

(* = his assistant; I don't remember his name, but I called him that because he reminded me of Burns' assistant on The Simpsons)
December 02, 2013
Well now everyone is wondering what about the baybee? Like, OMG they can't go there, she's got to be alive. Fuck Hershel being decapitated, what about the baybee????!!!!
December 02, 2013
Fuck the baby. It is a waste of plot though it got rid of Lori.

I did not watch it yet (spoilers don't ruin things for me) but it sounds like what I thought. THe Gov was putting the past behind him in a sense. He had a new family to care for. He softened. I wondered how long that would last, and clearly not long based on last week.

I wonder how people can blindly follow some stranger that randomly shows up at the door. Then again, people do it every day lol.

I also wonder about the hardscrabble life. I am in an office building. I have a home. Walkers cannot pick locks so they have not been able to breach homes (remember Morgan's wife?)

I also think this is starting to drag out. It needs to be finite like Breaking Bad was...you know things have to end. Dragging it out to shark jumping status does no favors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 02, 2013
Judith is supposed to be dead. In the comics, when the Governor stormed the prison, Lori was holding the baby and the bullets that went through Lori and killed her also killed Judith. If you're going to put the baby in the show, have the stones to kill her off like in the comics. A baby is a damn huge liability in the zombie apocalypse and it's unfair to the baby to be brought in and raised in that world.

But I expect Michonne grabbed the kid because why not make one of your most badass characters risk herself to get a baby? I just want Michonne and Daryl to have BAMF sex.

And it's getting to shark jumping territory. The group is separated, yet again, because I'm sure they did not come up with meet-up points if/when they had to leave the prison and they got separated in the process.

"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

- Cambion

- Miss Hannigan
December 02, 2013
I think there's 2 theories with regards to Judith; either the kyds grabber her, or Michonne did.

The reason why I say the kyds, is that when Tyrese said something like "we're supposed to go this way!", the kyds ran off in the opposite direction. The thinking is, they stashed the baybee somewhere safe and went to get her before fleeing the prison.

The second theory, which seems more plausible, is that Michonne somehow found Judith. I have to admit that's how I'm leaning. It was really weird that she sliced and diced the Governor, helped Rick up, and then just disappeared. Most likely she heard the baybee cry and took off to find it. I would also say it makes sense considering the weird reaction she had a few episodes back when Beth handed Judith to Michonne (for reasons I don't remember).

I don't follow the comics, but I've heard that supposedly Michonne had chyldren at one point, that I assume were killed in Zombie Apocalypse. I'd really hate to see the most badass female character reduced to baybeesitter, so I really hope it was the other kyds and Tyrese who have Judith.

I actually kinda like the vibe between Michonne and Rick, and wouldn't mind seeing them as a couple, but not if it means Michonne is reduced to playing Moo to Rick's kyds. I think it's bad enough that Beth seems to exist only to be a baybeesitter, I don't want to see it thrust on every woman.

Although, I think Beth being stranded with Daryl can only improve her character by leaps and bounds; depending on how long it is till they meet up with the whole group though, I guess. I'm not saying that they would go with a relationship there -- though I wouldn't be opposed to it -- but I'm thinking being an apprentice to Daryl can only help Beth in attitude and survival skills.
December 02, 2013
paragon schnitzophonic
Judith is supposed to be dead. In the comics, when the Governor stormed the prison, Lori was holding the baby and the bullets that went through Lori and killed her also killed Judith. If you're going to put the baby in the show, have the stones to kill her off like in the comics. A baby is a damn huge liability in the zombie apocalypse and it's unfair to the baby to be brought in and raised in that world.

But I expect Michonne grabbed the kid because why not make one of your most badass characters risk herself to get a baby? I just want Michonne and Daryl to have BAMF sex.

And it's getting to shark jumping territory. The group is separated, yet again, because I'm sure they did not come up with meet-up points if/when they had to leave the prison and they got separated in the process.

I've read that supposedly they do meet-up, back at farm. I thought that was weird, but I guess it's a landmark they would all know, and then go from there. Although, now thinking about it, I doubt Tyrese would know where to go, unless he meets up with his Maggie/Sasha/Bob.

I doubt the farm is in livable condition (barn burned down, water supply, generators probably dead, etc), although the house may still be standing. I can't imagine the herd attacking it after the living people fled.

If they do go back to the farm, how long can they conceivably wait there for everyone? From the previews, it looks like Rick and Carl just find a closeby home, and Rick is in no condition to go further, so do they even rejoin the group this season?

Aside from that, I am so glad the Governor is dead, though I'm annoyed that a newbie got to take the kill shot. I think it should've been Michonne or Rick to do him in completely, especially since he messed up Rick's pretty face. sad smiley
December 02, 2013
I wanted the Governor's death to be exactly the way Michonne intended: disabled and only watching and waiting as he became walker chow. That is what he deserved. He did not deserve the mercy kill by the idiot mother who was 50 yards away from her daughter and let her get bit.

- Garrett Hardin

- Reddit comment

- Cambion

- Miss Hannigan
December 02, 2013
Skipped around. I'll watch the full episode in the next couple of days, but I'm really losing interest in this show.

Herschel gets to bestow a look of pride upon Rick before getting whacked (and he lived - gah - struggling to get away before the Governor finished him off. *barf*). Tough Cop Girl turns into a p*ssy when the real battle began. Rick gets the shit kicked out of him. Michonne dealt the Governor a truly triumphant *smirk* after running him through and then walking away as he flopped like a landed fish. It still felt repetitive - The Assault on Herschel's Farm II

And I was still left hollering at the screen "jeezusfuckinghell, didn't you people learn anything?" They experienced the terror of separation after being run off the farm, but didn't develop any plans at the prison if it should happen again? Didn't specify a meetup place, didn't tell everyone to make sure they had a bugout buddy? No cache of supplies to be grabbed to stave one over until they regrouped? They just acted like an ant hill that had been kicked and scurried off in random directions. Yeah, it's just a tv show; this episode probably garnered a surge in ratings; the writers would emphasize that treating this like it might actually happen wouldn't generate enough drama. I was still left thinking "that group is just too fucking stupid to live."
December 02, 2013
I'm not sure they don't have a contingency plan. Tyrese specified to the girls that they were supposed to go a specific way. And, on the Talking Dead, the actress who plays Maggie at least hints at the idea of having some kind of meet-up place if things were to go south.

I will agree that it's overkill to have yet another battle with the Governor, but, different show-runner this year, and I think he was not at all satisfied with how things went on last year's season finale showdown, so this is his redux. I'm not sure it was the right idea, but I understand he wanted to put an end to the Governor, decisively.

Honestly? I don't think there would've been anything wrong with just leaving the Governor's whereabouts up in the air this season; then bring him back later, or not. I don't think this new battle was a necessity, but I guess they wanted something huge to finally drive the group from the prison. Sure, they had walkers piling up, the fences coming down, the illness killing people off, the rat person, etc, that could've made them think that the prison was just not the place to be anymore, but that's not "epic" like a final showdown, to force the group out.

I guess I understand that in that the group seemed to have grown complacent. The prison is falling apart and they are drawing tons of walkers, but they were still not going to leave; something had to get them out and move them to the next part of the journey, so, I'm okay with that.
December 02, 2013
I heard the meet-up place is Herschel's farm.
March 17, 2014
Any thoughts on the second half of the season?

I've been enjoying the character-driven episodes even if some complain that it makes the show more slow-moving. The episode where Darryl and Beth have to hide in the trunk for (apparently) hours as a herd passed was almost like a Hitchcock moment. The sounds, the shadows passing, the car being bounced as Darryl and Beth are seen only in spotlighted, partial face view
.. Cool Thank you

And I hope that Darryl and Beth don't become a couple. Seriously. If any woo is to be pitched, I want Darryl to be with Carol.

I haven't watch "The Grove" but got the recap this morning on EW.com (best for recaps IMO). Since then, I've been looking around for message boards where the episode was being discussed. Surprisingly, no parent has lost their shit about - heaven forfend! - children being murdered.
March 17, 2014
SPOILERS:
I
I
I
I
I
V

Unfortunately the shrieking Judith is still alive.

I was one getting kind of bored with it this season but last night was a huge WOW.

So we know who was feeding the walkers at the prison now, and we know Carol is a lot tougher than she started out in season 1. And at least one kid is a psycho. Or was a psycho put down like the rabid dog she was.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login