Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jeopardy "Controversy"

Posted by cfchevygirl 
Jeopardy "Controversy"
February 06, 2014
Has anyone seen this? Can someone explain the big to-do here?

From what I understand, this contestant jumps around the board, from topic to topic, rather than going from lower amounts to higher amounts, and somehow that makes him a bad player or a cheater or something?

I understand it's also complained about that he purposely looks for the bonuses, like the Daily Double.

So, I guess I just don't understand the big deal in the first place. Is there some rule or law that says that you have to pick the $100 question, then the $200, and so on? Is there some rule or law that says you can't pick the higher money questions first? Obviously, I know there are no laws forbidding this, I just can't understand why anyone cares. I would assume that many players avoid the higher dollar questions because they tend to be harder, but then, this is a game based on knowledge, so some contestants should be smart or informed enough to know the high-money answers.

I guess I just don't get the big outrage here, except poor losers who are mad that this guy is winning so much.
Re: Jeopardy "Controversy"
February 06, 2014
Maybe this is a nightmare about Jeopardy like "Ellen's Energy Adventure" is.
February 06, 2014
"Though Chu calls parts of his strategy “a jerk move,” his unusual tactics are legal – and they’re paying off. Can he continue his winning ways now that his methods are under scrutiny?"

Jeopardy Champion generates controversy with unorthodox tactics
February 06, 2014
I Lost on Jeopardy, Baby ooo, oo, oo, oo

Wierd Al

On here, you can watch Ellen get beaten by whom she calls "stupid Judy" on Jeopardy. This is before her energy adventure nightmare.

Ellens Energy Part Two - Adventure from Martins Videos on Vimeo.

Oh, and I am also glad that Watson won on Jeopardy, if it were a human contestant it would have gone to their heads.
February 10, 2014
This is stupid. Most shrewd players go for the biggest payout, especially on topics they know. Bidding almost nothing on a DD that you know little about is also common, and a smart move.

Sounds like a whole lotta mooing and lowing over nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 13, 2014
I guess I just don't get the big outrage here, except poor losers who are mad that this guy is winning so much.

That's what I think too. The cynical part of me wonders if his being Asian is part of why people are so angry.
sad smiley
Anonymous User
May 21, 2014
we watch jeopardy every day....there are no rules about picking questions in any order.
he won a lot but he got beat too.
i think it frustrated alex that he jumped all over the board and made it tricky for him to keep up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login