Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just how Machiavellian are you?

Posted by strange aeons 
Just how Machiavellian are you?
February 22, 2014
Reading about Machiavellian personality traits, and found this personality test.

Apparently I'm a high-Mach (got 95 out of 100). I probably shouldn't be proud of that, but oh well! smile rolling left rightsmile

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Re: Just how Machiavellian are you?
February 22, 2014
"Your score was 57 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of. "

Cassia <------- tree-huggin', social justice advocate, do- gooder
February 22, 2014
Your score was 69 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not believe in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

----------------------------
This did not surprise me at all. Read my signature. I most certainly do not believe in the goodness of people. I have seen too much evil to believe that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
February 22, 2014
Your score was 73 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not belive in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

Bit higher than expected, but right now I'm not holding humanity in high regard. Probably score a bit lower if I was in a better mood.
February 22, 2014

Uh oh ~

I'm a really nice person though. Really. You can trust me. I swear!

grinning smiley

On a serious note - between my relatives and working in the biz arena - this gave me a low opinion of people. If anything I'd call myself *paranoid*.

I'm not out to screw you. However, I believe that 99% of people are out to *screw me*.
February 22, 2014
My result:

Your score was 60 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the low Machs, people who will hold out for the goodness of the world and avoid manipulation. Not the people Machiavelli would approve of.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
February 23, 2014
High Mach, 79/100.

I disagree, although I don't think that being high-Mach is necessarily a bad thing. My result was mostly impacted by my opinion on others. In fact, I often abide by my own set of morals to a fault.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
February 23, 2014
I got a 70, or high-Mach. I generally believe in the goodness of people (if that makes sense) but when I was younger I had a policy of being probably too open and honest with people and it backfired. I was also naive enough to believe in the idea of giving people the benefit of the doubt and ignoring my instincts. So, now I do believe there are instances when lying is the best policy, particularly if it's a lie that will not hurt anyone.
February 23, 2014
82-high Mach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
February 23, 2014
I got a 70- High Mach devil with smile

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
February 24, 2014
I got 64..
February 24, 2014
awesominatrix
High Mach, 79/100.

I disagree, although I don't think that being high-Mach is necessarily a bad thing. My result was mostly impacted by my opinion on others. In fact, I often abide by my own set of morals to a fault.

I certainly don't see it as a bad thing, and I also have a very poor opinion of other humans in general. I definitely believe most people are fundamentally "bad" or at least cowardly, and will do bad things if given the opportunity.

As for morals, well, mine are very... flexible. I firmly believe that the ends justify the means, and no one ever achieved success by abiding by the rules and behaving honourably - it's no accident that most highly-successful people are complete bastards. Is that sad? Possibly, but that's the way it is.

Oh, I'm rambling again... smile rolling left rightsmile

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

February 24, 2014
I scored a 61.
Anonymous User
February 24, 2014
Zzelda

Uh oh ~

I'm a really nice person though. Really. You can trust me. I swear!

grinning smiley

On a serious note - between my relatives and working in the biz arena - this gave me a low opinion of people. If anything I'd call myself *paranoid*.

I'm not out to screw you. However, I believe that 99% of people are out to *screw me*.

Me too, lady. I scored pretty high, too (in the high 70s-- it was a while back and I didn't remember or save the score)... but if I were truly Machiavellian, I'd be a helluva lot further along in life.
February 25, 2014
I scored 73.

I work for a huge corporation and yeah, you can't say what you really mean, you have to kiss major ass, and depending how far up you are in the corporate food chain, the office politics is vicious which is why I don't work for executives any more. Too much BS and stress.

There is still a good portion of politics and garbage where I work now, but geesh. If I were higher up on the M scale I'd probably be farther along in corporate world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
February 25, 2014
I scored in the 60's but I definitely see where my score would be variable. I would answer differently in my paid job versus my volunteer job, for example, where we are working for a common good.

A long time ago someone I admired told me it was foolish to be open with everyone. Just because people ask you a question, it doesn't mean you owe them an honest answer. They may be asking a question that is rude or none of their business for example, or they may use the information to hurt you later. It seems like this would be self evident, but it wasn't something I learned in my family.

It is my preference to not be open rather than be dishonest. I definitely share information on a "need to know" basis and nobody needs to know my business unless I'm sleeping with them or they have earned my trust and friendship.
February 25, 2014
Wow. I am a real bitch. Score was 96.

Tell me something I don't know.
February 26, 2014
February 26, 2014
Results
Your score was 79 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not belive in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of.

Haha, sounds like I'm among the high ranks with the rest of us. smiling smiley I know that there are kind people out there, but no one out there is good in all respects. Everyone lies, cuts corners and does cowardly things now and then, some much more than others. But I also think it's necessary; to not occasionally lie, be lazy and chicken out would be tiring. Imagine how much more energy would be spent on useless conversations and arguments if you were honest about EVERYTHING and to EVERYONE.

I also took some of the other tests on the main page. I scored a 1 out of 40 on the narcissism test, 5 out of 30 on the self-esteem test (no big surprise there), a 4 out of 6 on the ADHD test (which means "classical ADHD"), and my Dark Triad results were 0.3 out of 4 for narcissism, 1.8 out of 4 for Machiavellianism, and 1 out of 4 for psychopathy. Good times.
February 26, 2014
I scored 65.
February 26, 2014
I scored a 65, probably because I don't particularly think highly of most people.

And did anyone else laugh at the last question, about people more easily getting over the death of their almighty pahrunts than the loss of property?

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
February 27, 2014
I scored 86 (high mach) and on the dark triad, scored 78 (3.3) on the mach, 30 (2.3) on the narc, and 7 (1.3) on the psych part. smiling smiley
February 27, 2014
I have an 81. I'm surprised it wasn't higher, actually.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
March 02, 2014
Scored an 83.
March 08, 2014
Cambion
I also took some of the other tests on the main page. I scored a 1 out of 40 on the narcissism test, 5 out of 30 on the self-esteem test (no big surprise there), a 4 out of 6 on the ADHD test (which means "classical ADHD"), and my Dark Triad results were 0.3 out of 4 for narcissism, 1.8 out of 4 for Machiavellianism, and 1 out of 4 for psychopathy. Good times.

Huh, I hadn't actually noticed the other tests. Anyways, for the other tests I got:

Dark Triad
Narcissism - 2.6 (40th percentile)
Machiavellianism - 3.6 (88th percentile)
Psychopathy - 2.4 (35th percentile)

Big Five Personality Test
Extraversion - 1.8 (9th percentile)
Conscientiousness - 3.2 (37th percentile)
Neuroticism - 4.2 (89th percentile)
Agreeableness - 1.8 (0th percentile) :hs
Openness (to new experiences) - 4.8 (87th percentile)

Emotional Intelligence
28/45 (better than 77.1001% of people that have taken this test) - higher than I thought!

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login