Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just how Machiavellian are you?

Posted by strange aeons 
Re: Just how Machiavellian are you?
March 14, 2014
Scored 63, High Mach. Yes, I'm pretty damn cynical; partly because of some childhood experiences, partly from just paying attention to the world around me. I do believe many people are driven by their Id, because...well, just look at things people do, even when they might be self-defeating!two cents
March 15, 2014
Your score was 93 of 100.

This puts you in the category of the high Machs, people who do not believe in the goodness of the world and that because that it must be manipulated, people who Machiavelli would approve of

Sounds about right. . . .

And for the Dark Triad. . . . .

The test is complete. Be prudent about sharing your results, the dark triad traits are loaded subjects.

Here is table of your results (scores are between 0 and 4). The percentile is what percent of other people who have taken this test you score higher than.

Trait Score Percentile

Narcissism 1.... 3

Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. [more]

Machiavellianism 3.2..... 74
Machiavellianism is a tendency to be manipulative and deceitful. [more]

Psychopathy 1.8.... 15
Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. [more]
March 20, 2014
I'm 82 of 100. It would have been higher, if I could decide whether to answer questions according to my personal or professional life.
I believe in being honest in my personal life. I equally believe in lying through my teeth in my professional life and to those who aren't my close friends.

I don't believe that people are basically good, but I don't believe that they're evil either. Most are self-serving and must be given proper motivation to behave in a decent manner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
March 27, 2014
I have actually read Macchiavelli. His suggestions were for leaders, "princeps", emphatically NOT for the avarage person.

This test is also quite rigged.

Aside from the "working hard" question (working hard in what? I know several people who loves their work and do it out of pleasure) there is the question about "getting ahead". Of what, again? Money? Power? Some people may not count it as tremendously important.

I scored 72 though.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
March 27, 2014
t.
I have actually read Macchiavelli. His suggestions were for leaders, "princeps", emphatically NOT for the avarage person.

I think most people have had to read his writing as part of school. However, the term Machiavellian in English has taken on a meaning beyond his writings (someone calculating), and has a specific meaning as a type of personality disorder, and that is presumably what the test is looking at. It's kind of like how Orwellian is used to describe privacy invasion by the government, and Kafkaesque refers to a situation that is bewildering, illogical, and menacing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login