Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think I need to add specific directions in my will

Posted by Dingo8YourBaby 
I think I need to add specific directions in my will
March 12, 2014
to prevent this from happening.

Man wakes up in body bag

I sure as hell want someone to make really damn sure I am dead before I get buried. GAAAH!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
Re: I think I need to add specific directions in my will
March 12, 2014
The only thing worse than that is being buried alive.

Aren't they supposed to wait at least a week before declaring for certain someone is dead?

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
March 12, 2014
brown-eyed diamond
The only thing worse than that is being buried alive.

Aren't they supposed to wait at least a week before declaring for certain someone is dead?

I have no idea what the protocols are. I have also read that since the invention of cell phones, some people stipulate they want to be buried with one, just in case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 12, 2014
Nobody is going to be buried alive because the process of embalming or cremation would kill them before burial. If it was required to wait a week before declaring people dead we would have putrid, rotting bodies laying around in nursing homes and hospitals. I don't care if people want to be buried with cell phones, but wouldn't it be kind of pointless, even if they weren't embalmed, since the battery would run down in a few days?
March 13, 2014
There is no week waiting requirement. This is where the tradition of holding a wake comes in. One last night with your family gathered around. (Although nowadays the body should probably be embalmed by that point, which means certainly dead.)
Some religions specify a timeline for burial, and I think it is a Jewish rule that a body must be buried within three days? I could be wrong, I've got all sorts of religious facts in a mishmash in my head.
March 15, 2014
My sister-in-law has demanded that someone stay behind when her coffin is lowered into the ground and the process of burial begins (where my ILs are buried, a short prayer is said at the graveside, then the mourners are supposed to leave).

She's quite assured that she'll be dead; no worries there; she just wants to make sure no one tips her out of the casket into the ground then wipes the casket out and takes it back to the shop for resale smile rolling left righteyes2

"I've heard of such things happening," she says, with a glower smile rolling left righteyes2 smile rolling left righteyes2

I'm so tempted remark "really? I didn't know Tupperware was in the casket business," but she's a lot-lot-lot bigger 'n me and is known to have a temper drinking coffee
March 17, 2014
What about the girl who had the tonsillectomy and sleep apnea surgery? She's not dead, is she?
March 20, 2014
@Presto...Jewish tradition dictates that the burial takes place after death as quickly as possible. Cremation and embalming is not acceptable, as the body is supposed to naturally decompose, but depending on the level of devotion, this may vary in practice (I was raised Reform so I've had some deceased family members cremated, Boyfriend's mom, who was raised in the Orthodox tradition would disapprove.) Some things do vary with respect to type of burial/ritual and execution of the service, but generally burial/equivalent service is held as soon as possible after death.

@Dingo...you can absolutely write provisions into your will or other estate planning tools to make sure you are really dead, but I would get yourself a really good lawyer to help you with that one. Trust and estate law is no joke.
April 04, 2014
Yeah, definitely going to put something in my will that makes damn sure I am dead:

Died in morgue freezer

April 04, 2014
mr. neptune
What about the girl who had the tonsillectomy and sleep apnea surgery? She's not dead, is she?

Actually, she's getting better, according to her family. Apparently the spasms caused by muscles that are losing tone and are atrophied indicate that she'll soon be up and around sarcastic clapping

LINK
April 04, 2014
Dorisan
mr. neptune

Actually, she's getting better, according to her family. Apparently the spasms caused by muscles that are losing tone and are atrophied indicate that she'll soon be up and around sarcastic clapping

LINK

NEWS UPDATE:
Jahi McMath is still dead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login