Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jonas Salk first successful clinical trial today

Posted by Dingo8YourBaby 
Jonas Salk first successful clinical trial today
March 26, 2014
A great and generous man who has saved millions of lives.

https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLoveScience/photos/a.456449604376056.98921.367116489976035/783862341634779/?type=1&theater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
Re: Jonas Salk first successful clinical trial today
March 26, 2014
I was born in a time when I did not have to worry about "polio summers". And I am beyond grateful for that! I could not imagine having to risk disability every time someone coughed or sneezed near me.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
March 27, 2014
peace-n-quiet
I was born in a time when I did not have to worry about "polio summers". And I am beyond grateful for that! I could not imagine having to risk disability every time someone coughed or sneezed near me.

I find it nasty that polio was spread through feces and yet so many kids were getting it. I have read they used to close community pools because infection would spread through the pool water two faces puking

We need to back to the way it was in my parents' when a public health nurse came to the school and gave all the kids vaccinations. The kids lined up in the hall, got their shot or drops and that was that. There were no special sneauxflayke exceptions.
March 28, 2014
For some reason I was not expecting that it was the anniversary of the date, but a satirical article of public responses from anti-vaxxers if this had just happened today. There must be someone from The Onion reading this board, so if it's you, please make it happen smiling smiley I see so many articles with an obvious CF perspective toward breeding and children; someone there has got to be CF.

I'm glad to be living in a time when many dangerous diseases can be prevented through vaccines and treated with medicine, and scared to be living in a time when many vaccine-preventable diseases are making a comeback and other diseases are mutating to be resistant to antibiotics.
March 31, 2014
My grandfather had polio and it left him paralyzed from the waist down. This man is a true hero; polio was horrible!
Consequently, I just read that there are now 49 cases of measles in California, a disease that was previously erradicated. The article blames stupid paruhnts not vaccinating your kids. Here's to hoping that polio doesn't make a comeback as well.
April 01, 2014
Yeah, unfortunately people just do not remember how horrible these diseases are, how many were crippled and killed and think nothing of endangering all of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
April 01, 2014
Dingo8YourBaby
Yeah, unfortunately people just do not remember how horrible these diseases are, how many were crippled and killed and think nothing of endangering all of us.

Those who don't learn from history are condemned to repeat it and drage the rest of us into repeating it with them.
April 01, 2014
evilchildlessbitch

I find it nasty that polio was spread through feces and yet so many kids were getting it. I have read they used to close community pools because infection would spread through the pool water two faces puking

We need to back to the way it was in my parents' when a public health nurse came to the school and gave all the kids vaccinations. The kids lined up in the hall, got their shot or drops and that was that. There were no special sneauxflayke exceptions.

Yes, it is spread through the fecal-oral route. And also through throat secretions. I have heard scientists say that the fecal oral route (while disgusting) is a rather common mode of infection for various bugs. It seems that children were always nasty little creatures. two faces puking

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login