Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An odd dilemma

Posted by addiea raine 
An odd dilemma
April 23, 2014
A little background before diving in:

My normal job is basically a holder person for things that can't be kept on the ship (as someone on here said think secret squirrel stuff) well we are soon going to be in full-swing. This means I need to come up with a name for a counterpart to join me in isolation. I had a few people in mind but all but one flaked on me in way or another leaving me with one person. This person would do well in isolation and would not let the engineers run her over but I still had some serious doubts. Two people vouched for her though but then someone else threw out a name of someone who I would love to have but I still don't think they could handle being up here without being able to leave when they want. She would be able to deal with these people without ever questioning herself or being intimidated (brilliant people, sucky human beings) and I'm happy she wants to come but I still have a niggling of guilt. No I didn't promise anyone anything but I just don't know why I have this feeling. Possibly because I'm new at being the group leader I don't know =(. Anyone have any experiance with a like situation?
Re: An odd dilemma
April 24, 2014
I assume you are talking about two-person integrity level class info, yes? My experience is that people tend to step up to the plate when they are faced with something that important. Accept whoever wants the job and when you are training them, treat it like you are handling loaded weapons. Just be very serious and you yourself strictly adhere to all of the rules. If they see how you calmly handle things and don't let others run you over, they will emulate you. If I were you, note your doubts and then set the person up to succeed. Sorry about the cliche, I've been working for the government for too long. smile rolling left rightsmile
April 27, 2014
Lol thanks Starbelly smiling smiley. And it seems that its going to resolve itself. When the lady came up the first thing out of her mouth was "so I can basically sleep in the corner then". So not going to be up there. Joke or not someone who isn't going to take it serious doesn't need to be up there.....I tried explaining to her that its the equivalent of watching your kids run across the highway at lunchtime on a Friday and the light just turned green (she is a mawm so I figured it would be the best way to explain it). She just smirked. She can't understand why its important to take it seriously so she isn't coming I will stick to my first choice even with the niggling doubt I know she will take it seriously and I won't get a call saying something is open that shouldn't be...or worst case scenario someone has something they don't even have the right to know exists because the person was sleeping and didn't even know they were there. As impossible as that sounds....you just never know and if its a thought (as you know yourself) its a possibility. So glad though that I found someone who knows what I'm talking about! Thanks so much for the encouragement friendly hug
May 01, 2014
Glad to know it's going to work out! Keep me posted and stay vigilant!
LOL
I can't help the cheesy.
:biggrin2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login