Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I can't believe people believe this tripe!

Posted by mr. neptune 
I can't believe people believe this tripe!
May 08, 2014
Oh, I guess I better stay away from that atomic energy board. Rod's mad at me again. We were discussing climate change and they discussed population issues and I mentioned that a lot of problems can be solved at the family planning aisle at Target. Oh, but Rod says:

@BobinPgh

You wrote: Stop having so many kids!

Warning – I will not tolerate that kind of commentary or discussion here. It is sourced directly from the elitist Zero Population Growth/Paul Erlich/Rockefeller philosophy I have good friends with zero children and good friends with 9 children. I even had a good friend at one duty station with a dozen children – only 8 of which were his natural children and the other four were adopted from disadvantaged homes.

Human beings are wonderful creations and some people are wonderful parents. We get to make our own choices. It is fine with me that you have apparently chosen to limit the size of your own family, but in this forum you — and anyone else who brings it up — will not tell others to limit the size of their families. There are plenty of resources to go around.

If you do not adhere to this guidance, you will suddenly find it very difficult to say anything here.

And another poster says:

Bob its a little late for the family planing aisle.

There is more than enough energy, space and matter in this universe for everyone. There is more than enough things for them to figure out for us and/or stuff to enjoy and appreciate.

In art classes it always amazed me that each person has such a distinct individualized and identifiable style. Each was always completely different from anything I had ever seen.

Everyone needs to feel welcomed at the table.

Am I weird because the stuff in bold makes we want to puke right now? That board is making me spend a lot of time in the bathroom!
Re: I can't believe people believe this tripe!
May 08, 2014
I really don't get why you keep going to that board when they are obviously unwilling to consider anything outside of their utopian vision. Wanting to limit population isn't about trying to keep this neat buffet from as many people as possible, but about ensuring that everyone who is already at the party can get enough to eat. Pie-in-the-sky optimists simply think that science or God will make it an unlimited buffet, and that's a fundamental difference of opinion where no compromise is possible.
May 08, 2014
Yes. You are weird, because you are logical and intelligent. A rarity these days. If they want to keep their heads buried in the sand or their posterior, their fricking loss. Our loss as well, since our taxes subsidize their brainless actions.:headbrick
May 08, 2014
Yurble, there are some things on there that I am interested in and sometimes I ask good questions that other people like so now, I am just waiting for Rod to ban me, but for some reason he doesn't - maybe he can't hide the truth?
May 08, 2014
mr. neptune
I am just waiting for Rod to ban me, but for some reason he doesn't - maybe he can't hide the truth?

He enjoys the power play and feeling of strength from being able to threaten people. If everyone agrees with him, then he doesn't get to bully by saying "If you do not adhere to this guidance, you will suddenly find it very difficult to say anything here."

That's not the first time you've posted those words here.

You can keep challenging that forum on population views, but it's not going to elicit anything but bingoes and crap, it seems.
May 09, 2014
Look at it this way, Mr. N: who will be dealing with the overpopulation fallout? Not us. His "wonderful creations/youneek offspring" will. THEY will be the ones who pay the price for these dipshits who live in denial and refuse to use condoms (and that's really probably what it all boils down to; they don't give a shit about people, they just don't like the feeling of a Trojan and this "humans are awesome and there's plenty for everyone" is just the lie they tell themselves and everyone else. Pathetic).
May 09, 2014
I think that people who live in suburban, rural, or relatively uncrowded places just don't 'get' over population.

If one experiences it on a daily basis - you feel differently.

Yesterday I had to take my car for it's emissions test - and this is in an area where the traffic is extremely bad and they all drive like maniacs over there. Holy SHIT! I hate that area and would NEVER move there - it's fucking GODAWFUL. (S. Side Chi by Midway Airport). The last time I went there - this was where there was a car *on fire* in front of me - on a bridge. GAWD. Completely engulfed in flames. It's a good thing I thought fast and was able to maneuver over - else I'd be at the bottom of that canal right now. Lots of truck traffic too, there are many rail yards over there, and the airport.

Yesterday? Ambulance *stuck in gridlocked traffic*. Right behind me. You couldn't move, it was scary. I was able to wedge my small car behind a semi in the next lane over, so it could pass. Then it had to move to the oncoming traffic lanes. I hope the sick person involved was OK.

You cannot fucking MOVE here - it IS that bad! It's WAY over crowded here - it's stupefying. TOO MANY PEOPLE! We have surpassed NYC in population density and are *thisclose* to LA. In 5 more years? We will surpass them too. Probably sooner. People keep pouring in here. And breeding. It's shockingly over populated here.

I think - if people could *experience* over crowding - they might think differently.

I saw some thing on TV the other day, they're projecting 50M + tourists next year. I hope all these people get a good dose of the over crowding and it makes them think. Oh and IMO that's why the ambulance got stuck - because right by the airport there - they have put in concrete medians full of flowers - prettying it up for the tourists no doubt - but this fenced in the ambulance and it was trapped. Erg.

I found this site - I was looking for aerial views -

http://www.airpano.com/360Degree-VirtualTour.php?3D=Chicago-Illinois-USA

On there - there are other cities and locales they have filmed as well.

Maybe if people can SEE dense, over populated areas - it might make them think twice.

Mr. N - you should tell these fools to take a trip here. Sit in the gridlocked traffic and you'll go so far the other way in regards to breeding that you will want to castrate yourself! Right in the car! You'll be rooting around in the car looking for any old Taco Bell Sporks to saw your balls off with!
May 09, 2014
Zelda, I have experienced overpopulation:
At Breed Hills High School and even their elementary schools too.
At Pittsburgh International Airport before we built our new airport.
In our Catholic Church, you will notice most Catholic churches are very overcrowded, why do you think they call it "mass"
And worst of all, in my family. 5 kids was too many in 1970 and the house was always too noisy and chaotic.

That is why I cannot figure out why anyone would want all those kids like the Duggars. But the excuse back then was "there was no birth control" there is no excuse now.

Then, some people I guess love people so much crowding doesn't bother them. I don't know who in their right mind would go to Disney World at the peak season in the summer but people do and it's incredibly crowded. How can it not affect them then?
May 10, 2014
Zzelda
I think that people who live in suburban, rural, or relatively uncrowded places just don't 'get' over population.

Not judging by the number of people having children in places like Mexico City, Dehli and Shanghai. Or, for that matter, in urban centers in drought-striken regions in the US.
May 10, 2014
yurble
Zzelda

Not judging by the number of people having children in places like Mexico City, Dehli and Shanghai. Or, for that matter, in urban centers in drought-striken regions in the US.

Every decade or so the St. Louis, Missouri area is stricken with a catastrophic heat wave and drought. One gets a sense of how crowded and stifling the urban area is becoming when the deaths from the heat get into the triple digits. Of course, the solution is to take up all the farmland to the west of the city and build sprawling subdivisions causing massive traffic jams at rush hour. You do NOT want to get caught in a jam at 4:00pm on a hot July day on those roads.

Law
Look at it this way, Mr. N: who will be dealing with the overpopulation fallout? Not us. His "wonderful creations/youneek offspring" will.

While that might make me *smirk* at the thought of what that dolt's descendants will suffer, I care more for the impact to the environment and other inhabitants of this planet. I think it's about time for a whopping plague of some sort. The human race needs to be thinned out.
May 10, 2014
Dorisan
yurble
Zzelda

Every decade or so the St. Louis, Missouri area is stricken with a catastrophic heat wave and drought. One gets a sense of how crowded and stifling the urban area is becoming when the deaths from the heat get into the triple digits. Of course, the solution is to take up all the farmland to the west of the city and build sprawling subdivisions causing massive traffic jams at rush hour. You don NOT want to get caught in a jam at 4:00pm on a hot July day on those roads.

Law
Look at it this way, Mr. N: who will be dealing with the overpopulation fallout? Not us. His "wonderful creations/youneek offspring" will.

While that might make me *smirk* at the thought of what that dolt's descendants will suffer, I care more for the impact to the environment and other inhabitants of this planet. I think it's about time for a whopping plague of some sort. The human race needs to be thinned out.

Yes, there are many over crowded places and people keep breeding. Will it all go to gigantic urban areas - with slums? I'm glad I won't be around for it. But - who knows? The shit may hit the fan alot sooner than expected.

And what about water? That's really *it* IMO - you can build all the nuke plants and suburbs you want, - the water is the issue. Yes, the heat in St. Louis Dorisan - I've been there when it's hot. Erg. You might pass out. Yeah, it'll kill ya. When I was on my Mystical Emissions Test Journey the other day - that day was a record high for the area and date, 94 I think. Gah.

I was thinking earlier that it was good that there was alot of snow last winter. For all of the US and Canada. Ah - but the water levels go up a little bit - and people forget ~

EU and UK had alot of rain and flooding, yes? But don't forget - Britain is "running out of people". That's why real estate is so cheap in London and all the flooding never causes any sewer back ups or anything smile rolling left righteyes2

Yeah I think we're about due for a plague too. Erg. We got MERS here now, YAY! Speaking of London - the carrier was there too. Riyadh, SA to London, to Chicago. He is OK so far though (I heard on the news the other day) and no other people seem to be infected.

These things scare the crap out of me too.
May 10, 2014
I guess what I was asking and did not make clear: How can anyone think that Human Beings are Wonderful Creations? Some time, I will be asking how he explains Hitler, Manson, John Wayne Gacy, or even just school bullies. How do people get such an idea?
May 11, 2014
mr. neptune
I guess what I was asking and did not make clear: How can anyone think that Human Beings are Wonderful Creations?

People who think like that don't want to face up to the banality of living? Don't want to acknowledge that it is truly a rare person who is special enough to create their own immortality - and that they are not that person?

The guy sounds like a trivial little dick who thinks that inflating the importance and special nature of the human race will elevate his own value.

mr. neptune
Some time, I will be asking how he explains Hitler, Manson, John Wayne Gacy, or even just school bullies. How do people get such an idea?

The dolt would probably say that such people are aberrations. And maybe they are, but there is still no need to puff our race up to the level that poster believes we should be accorded. Our species got lucky, on the evolutionary scale, to develop in a way that we have mastery over this planet. And since we haven't done such a hot job in its stewardship, we don't deserve any bragging rights to being speshul.
May 11, 2014
mr. neptune
I guess what I was asking and did not make clear: How can anyone think that Human Beings are Wonderful Creations? Some time, I will be asking how he explains Hitler, Manson, John Wayne Gacy, or even just school bullies. How do people get such an idea?

I agree with what Dorisan said.

I might drift back onto 'the built environment here' - I'm sorta freaking out - storm warnings. The sky is white. I should turn on the webcam and broadcast my potential electrocution, eh?

Anyway, what I was thinking of earlier - under ground, or partially under ground, buildings. This could *save so much* energy in regards to heating and cooling.

I suppose that would go to the 'people are so special' idea too because - if people are so damn smart and worth while - why is NO ONE following through on any type of 'fixes'???

And there are so many simple fixes out there too - why is no one moving these forward?

I'd like to think I am, in some ways.

People like to talk about religion and being 'god's creation' or some such - well - if people are so great - how come no one has conjured up this (or any) "god" yet?

Chew on that for awhile.

I should probably go sit in the basement ~

Oh there's more cases of MERS now in SA. Fun times.

Maybe these types - it's a case of volume - maybe if tons of loaves are cranked out there might be one Einstein? And probably 10 Dahmer's + a whole lotta turds that just keep making things worse. It's Magical Thinking - Some Savior is going to shoot out of some lowly cooch in a trailer park somewhere.

Wait - I thought of a song! A nice religious song to tell us all what to do ~
(if I can get another tab open here, the power is already in and out and the net has slowed to a crawl)

Here ya go -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF4nwmqvuQI

Let's see if I get hit with a monsoon for mocking religion grinning smiley I should close the storm windows at least. Meh, I'm too lazy, ha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login