Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIP Robin Williams

Posted by Dorisan 
RIP Robin Williams
August 11, 2014
Re: RIP Robin Williams
August 11, 2014
What a terrible day sad smiley He was one of my favourite actors, especially in serious roles. So much talent and so much suffering. Grabbing a drink and rewatching one of my fav. movies with him in it.
August 11, 2014
I am STUNNED! as well!

My Mom just called to tell me this. Their net is out, she said she heard it on the radio and hence called me to look because she couldn't believe it! Thought she had heard wrong.

I couldn't believe it either.

Wow. NO. NO. It can't be.

sad smiley

The poor man ~

I hope he is at peace now ~
August 12, 2014
We never know what demons are lurking in someone else's head.

Richard Cory

Edwin Arlington Robinson

Whenever Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich—yes, richer than a king—
And admirably schooled in every grace:
In fine, we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

His death is a tragedy. It's incredibly sad that a man who was loved by so many didn't feel he had anyone to reach out to when he was at his lowest point.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
August 12, 2014
I was so saddened to see this news. I've always been such a fan. The man sure was talented and brilliant. A big loss.
August 12, 2014
He was a friend to the military, happily going on USO tours to shitholes to entertain soldiers and sailors. My mil friends who met him said he was the real deal. Kind, generous, and genuine. He was an avid animal advocate and adopted a rescue pug. For our Pug benefit he donated an autographed picture of himself and his pug. He was also one of the funniest people in the world.

I don;t get choked up over most celebrities but this one left me very sad. Huge loss to a lot of people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 12, 2014
Yeah, my boss lives in Marin and she'd see him around town all the time. She said he'd show up for things like marathons and stand around greeting runners and cheering people on. My husband works over on that side too and when he was at lunch today, so many people were saying how they would see him around and how warm, generous and kind he was.

It hit me hard when I heard the news yesterday. I had his album, Reality, What a Concept. I listened to it many, many times. I was a great and wonderful person. I am very sorry he was so troubled and pained that he couldn't see a way out of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
August 13, 2014
He was one of the constants from my childhood. Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Will Hunting, What Dreams My Come, Aladdin, and Mork & Mindy. It's so great that he was such a good person in real life, but also so very sad because that's one less good person in this world. And yet, Woody Allen and Roman Polanski still live on. Somebody needs to write their names in the Death Note.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 13, 2014
I think it's real fitting, I keep seeing people on FB sharing, "Genie, you're free!"
He was a good egg.

I don't exactly believe there is any continuation after death. It would be nice if there is, but then how much of life stays with you?
If there is continuation, I hope he feels free of the terrible things that dragged him down.

I hear that heart surgery can have really really bad effects on some kindsbof mental health issues, and even cause them for people who were previously healthy mentally. sad smiley
I can't help thinking his heart valve replacement contributed in a big way to his state of mind. sad smiley sad smiley sad smiley
August 13, 2014
Horrible news, absolutely horrible. sad smiley

Great comedian, great actor, especially his "straight" roles (he was chilling in One Hour Photo). His stand-up was amazing; his thing about the Scottish golfers had me in tears.

You know most of his dialogue as the Genie was adlibbed? He was hilarious on Whose Line Is It Anyway, too.

What an awful way for things to end. The world just became a little bit darker. sad smiley

paragon schnitzophonic
He was one of the constants from my childhood. Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Will Hunting, What Dreams My Come, Aladdin, and Mork & Mindy. It's so great that he was such a good person in real life, but also so very sad because that's one less good person in this world. And yet, Woody Allen and Roman Polanski still live on. Somebody needs to write their names in the Death Note.

Why is it always the complete bastards who get a free pass in life and the few good people in the world get all the shit? It's just not fucking fair.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

August 14, 2014
Hearing about this made me so sad as well. He was also one of my favorite actors and comedians - his show on Broadway is one of my favorite stand-up shows ever. It especially seems sad that he didn't just pretend like his issues didn't exist - rather, he did try to get help for his depression, from what I understand, but I guess it wasn't enough. It's just heartbreaking to think what could have made such an amazing actor and person suffer so much, or feel like he had absolutely no one to reach out to for help.

I think it's such a massive shock because his death wasn't due to old age, illness or even an accident. Suicide is almost always completely unexpected by everyone else, but is also so heavily premeditated by the person who does it. Aside from Romeo, I don't think anyone just goes and kills themselves on a whim. That darkness and pain just engulfs the person over a period of months or years until it becomes unbearable, and when they're gone, everyone around them wonders, "What made them feel this way? How long did they feel this way? Why didn't they say anything? Why didn't we notice so we could have done something to help?"

I know it's been a couple days, but it still feels so surreal knowing he's gone. Normally, I also don't give two fucks about celebrities, but Robin Williams was a childhood and adulthood entertainment staple for me too and it's such a tremendous loss.
August 14, 2014

And yet, Woody Allen and Roman Polanski still live on. Somebody needs to write their names in the Death Note.

So true.

And a big "fuck you" to Shepard Smith and Todd Bridges. Bridges suggested RW would have been okay if he had only trusted the Lard:

has-been and Faux news need to crawl back under their respective rocks

This was a desperate act, not a selfish one.
August 14, 2014
"Robin Williams' wife: He had Parkinson's disease": link
August 14, 2014
Oh shit.
I can see how things looked especially bleak since he apparently needed to continue working due to divorce settlements, etc. And then to receive a health sentence of fairly rapid deterioration...
Parkinson's affects dopamine, and boy oh boy is that brain chemical involved in pleasure of all sorts, even your basic contentment with living. And without enough of it or improper regulation, I can see how he lost the will to continue. sad smiley
August 14, 2014
He certainly had a diversity of friends

August 15, 2014
That image above is why I believe in Heaven, and Robin Williams will be there. I am sooo sad about this! Rest in peace, my good man. :bawl
August 15, 2014
This is the only time I have been genuinely saddened by a celebrity death. He was truly a great man, and if heaven does exist I hope that he is there making everybody laugh. I know that it sounds selfish but it seems like a less happy world knowing that he is not around to make more of his art. He was a true artist, and I hope that in a hundred years people are still watching his films.
August 20, 2014
From what I have read, he had struggled with deep depression since his 20's. There have been 3 documented trips to rehab he was always honest about in interviews. Now, according to wifey number 3 he had been diagnosed with Parkinson's which as a health care person I can tell you is a sucky way to go. I can't say I wouldn't off myself if it got bad enough. I know guys like Michael Fox fight it and I admire the hell out of them. At the same time, I condemn a man who has suffered through depression his entire life only to whopped with a horrible diagnosis at the fairly young age of 63. I hope he went in peace. He brought a lot of joy to the world.
August 20, 2014
And also, fuck the pro-liars saying that that the fact the he and a unknown girlfriend chose to abort a pregnancy in 1979 had anything to do with this. He talked about the experience but without revealing her privacy. He said it was hard, not the right time for baby and they didn't regret it.
Awful, awful people who take advantage of a tragic situation to push a bullshit point. I'm sure Jesus is so proud of them (sarcasm).
August 20, 2014
bell_flower

And yet, Woody Allen and Roman Polanski still live on. Somebody needs to write their names in the Death Note.

So true.

And a big "fuck you" to Shepard Smith and Todd Bridges. Bridges suggested RW would have been okay if he had only trusted the Lard:

has-been and Faux news need to crawl back under their respective rocks

This was a desperate act, not a selfish one.

Yeah because has-been Bridges has been such an upstanding citizen all his life...

Bridges said he was terrorized by white supremacists in his Canoga Park, California neighborhood the summer of 1983. Following an incident in which the actor faced sniper shots from his harassers, Bridges said his car was stolen and set on fire. Frightened by the targeted assault, the actor began carrying a gun. That same month, he was pulled over by police for a traffic violation, and was charged with carrying a loaded, concealed weapon. Bridges paid a $240 fine for the offense.

In 1986, shortly after the final season of Diff'rent Strokes, the actor was accused of bombing the car of a person with which he had a business dispute. He pleaded no contest to the charges. The judge gave Bridges three years' probation, 300 hours of community service and a $2,500 fine.

In January of 1989, law enforcement officials said the out-of-work actor threatened an auto mechanic with a gun, and removed his car from the shop without paying his $500 bill. After witnesses couldn't accurately identify the suspect, however, the charges were dropped.

A month later, Bridges found himself in trouble yet again, this time for the attempted murder of drug dealer Kenneth "Tex" Clay. According to the charges, Bridges' argument with Clay escalated into violence, and the actor shot his victim eight times. During his trial, Bridges admitted that he was abusing cocaine, and that his drug use prevented him from knowing for sure whether or not he had shot anyone. With the help of his lawyer, Johnnie Cochran, Bridges was acquitted after two separate trials. But the bad publicity effectively destroyed his acting career.

In 1993, Bridges found himself on the wrong side of the law again when he got into an argument with a tenant in his home, David Kitchen. Kitchen allegedly refused to pay rent and attacked Bridges with a sword. Bridges retaliated by stabbing Kitchen in the chest with a kitchen knife. Attorneys determined that Bridges acted in self-defense, and charges were dropped.

That same year, however, Bridges was arrested for possession of the drug methamphetamine and for illegal firearms. After this incident, Bridges entered a court-ordered drug treatment program.

Rehab helped Bridges kick his substance abuse issues, but it didn't seem to curb his violent tendencies. Bridges was charged in 1997 with an assault on a friend's car, which he rammed over and over with his own car after an argument. He was given community service and a fine.

He found The Lawwrd though, so that cancels all of the above selfishness and cowardice out.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
August 20, 2014
mumofsixbirds
That image above is why I believe in Heaven, and Robin Williams will be there. I am sooo sad about this! Rest in peace, my good man. :bawl

This sums up my feelings too. I am not a 'religious' person but I do think there could be ~ 'other realms' ~

I also think that animals 'know' who 'good people' are - they can sense that.
August 23, 2014
Henry Rollins, who is one of my favorite celebrities (I don't know if he's CF, since he's never explicitly said so, but he doesn't have kids and has made statements in the past suggesting he wouldn't have them on a whim) wrote about losing respect for Robin Williams because of his suicide. In particular, he asked "How in the hell could you possibly do that to your children?"

Whether you believe he fails to understand depression or not, I think it's a valid point that not many would express in this natalist world. When you decide to have a kid, you create an obligation to ensure that person's emotional well-being. Suicide will pretty much always cause pain to your loved ones (the exception is probably when it is done as euthanasia), but in most cases I think an individual has the right to make the choice. However, with children you create a different kind of relationship, one that you are completely responsible for.

I have a completely different perspective on suicide than Rollins because I think it's up to the individual, but on the subject of what you inflict on your children, I completely agree with him. Many people might dislike him for his statements, but I think it would be really interesting to talk with him on the subject. (But maybe I just say that because I think he'd be interesting to talk to under any circumstances.)
August 23, 2014
Agreed. I think a lot of people, in their competitive quest to seem the most sympathetic to suicides, lose sight of the family left behind. Zelda Williams' statement pretty much said, "How could he do this to us? Didn't he realize we love him?" though in a more diplomatic tone.

Most people don't leave notes, let alone any explicit explanations of why they're taking their own lives, so those left behind are left with a lot of questions and self-blame: "Why?" "What did we miss?" "Was it because I did this/that/the other thing?" "How could I not notice?" "I should have done this/that/the other thing and he wouldn't have killed himself." There will never be any true closure.

I was listening to Elliott in the Morning a few days after the news broke and he talked about going to the funerals of friends who committed suicide and how the families went up to him and other friends to apologize. Like, they're apologizing for their family member for committing suicide. That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 24, 2014
This saddened me to no end when I learned. :'( Poor guy! He will be missed dearly by so many.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login