Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Abortion Doula

Posted by Dorisan 
Abortion Doula
September 15, 2014
I know about birth doulas, often passing an ::eyeroll:: at articles about them, some of those women (have yet to read about a male doula) go a different route

Abortion doula

It's a fascinating article
Anonymous User
Re: Abortion Doula
September 17, 2014
Growing up, I always thought the women who helped with birthing were called midwives. Then about a year ago I was contacted by a gal from my old high school who wanted to get back in touch. I thought it was odd, since we weren't really ever friends back then; but oh well, people change. Right? Then she started talking about her profession. She's a doula. She rambles on endlessly about how wonderful her job is because she gets to witness the "miracle if natural birth" over and over again and meet lots of new mothers. EEEW

Then I learned the word doula (more commonly spelled dulla but doula is acceptable) also refers to a disgusting, slimy inflatable sac located in the throat of male dromedary camels. When inflated, this sac protrudes from the camels mouth and flaps around splashing saliva everywhere and making a sound similar to a fart. This is supposed to attract a mate.

Yeah, that's what I think of when some woman tells me she's a doula...
September 17, 2014
When I read that article, what stuck out for me was the description of all the women who brought their children to the clinic. Not that I wanted an abortion before this, but this makes me want one even less. Thank science for sterilization!
September 18, 2014
The comments, gack. The article could be disturbing but birth is a bloody and gory process too. I wanted to pound the commentors who stated the woman who had an abortion and needed a hysterectomy was "botched." How do they know? The woman could have had placenta previa and would have had the same result at birth. And the judgmental comments were too much, including the woman who said she had a daughter that was a product of rape and that she luuuved her daughter, therefore no woman should have access to abortion even in a rape case. Pro-liars/Forced Birthers are full of compassion as usual.

Yes, birth is a gory thing. So is pregnancy. Doesn't mean I'm going to become a forced birther.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login