Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody been to Jamaica

Posted by starbelly 
Anybody been to Jamaica
September 17, 2014
My BF and I are looking to go for a few days over Christmas and it seems like there are SO MANY resorts, I'm overwhelmed. Obviously we don't want any brats around, and we don't want to pay an arm and a leg for an all-inclusive package if we are going to be heading into town to try some authentic jerk chicken or spend all day hiking to a waterfall.

Anybody here been to Jamaica and had a good experience? Any pointers? Any recommended resorts?

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Anybody been to Jamaica
September 17, 2014
Ages ago -- before any of us were married -- my now-husband and I, and my BFF and her now-husband, spent a week at Crystal Waters Villas in Negril.

It was one of the best vacations EVER. Absolutely fantastic, completely chilled-out.

The place is really quiet -- without being pedantic. People just kind of mutually understand that we're all there to relax, and that if we wanted crazy-loud music and shit, we'd have gone to Sandals or ClubMed. If there were kids and families there, I never noticed them; and it was a good place for using as a base while going out and about to see the sights -- as opposed to one of those all-inclusive places where you get there and then you never leave the grounds.

Each villa came with a local housekeeper, who'd arrive in the morning to cook breakfast and clean up -- and also cook dinner, so when you arrived there was real home-cooked Jamaican food. You either go shopping with her the day you arrive, or give her $$ -- like $100 did it for us -- and she does it all. Absolutely phenomenal food.

You can check them out on TripAdvisor or here;

http://www.crystalwaters.net/descrip.htm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login