Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lost my mom today.

Posted by cfbitchfromla 
Re: Lost my mom today.
November 03, 2014
Thank you for sharing that. I do appreciate everyone's condolences. I am still trying to cope with it. Mom was cremated according to her wishes, and we buried the ashes right next to my dad at the cemetery.

I have to say the most awful task was having her date of death added to the headstone that bears both of their names. It was morbid, I was sobbing and Tony ended up visiting the cemetery to pick up the paperwork and pay the bill. I just could not right now and I will be missing her for the rest of my life. Tony has been a godsend to me, and he reminds me every day that my mother would likely smack me upside the head and tell me that life goes on--strange what you think about in mourning, right?

Tony and I have been talking, and we are now seriously thinking of relocating. With mom no longer around and the real estate market better--not what it was--but better--we are thinking of doing an early retirement and sipping some Margaritas on a beach somewhere. We discussed this a LOT before mom passed, and now there is nothing holding me here except my position in the company and Tony's law practice. We're both financially set, and there seems to be no reason to hang around the weirdness that is LA. The traffic sucks, the crime is out of control and I just no longer feel any emotional attachment to the place. Our state government is in the toilet and I just don't feel like living here anymore. We'll see what happens.
Re: Lost my mom today.
November 11, 2014
I'm so sorry I'm just now seeing this and am so late sending condolences. I hope you're ok and doing a little better and taking care of yourself. It sounds like your mom was an amazing lady. I'm right there with you, even if we don't know each other, sending huge hugs from St. Lou. friendly hug friendly hug friendly hug friendly hug friendly hug friendly hug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login