Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another douche canoe duh

Posted by thom_c 
Another douche canoe duh
December 22, 2014

Douche canoe's linkin profile with brat picture https://www.linkedin.com/in/evancarroll

Today, I will not answer the radio call that your boyfriend has come home drunk and is beating you again. Today I will not answer the radio call that your 16 year old daughter, who is very responsible, is four hours late coming home from school. Today I will not answer the radio call that your store has been robbed or your house has been burglarized. Today I will not stop a drunk driver from killing someone. I will not catch a rapist or a murderer or a car thief. Today I will not answer the radio call that a man has a gun or tried to abduct a child or that someone has been stabbed or has been in a terrible accident. Today I will not save your child that you locked in a car or the child you were to busy to watch who went outside and fell into the swimming pool, but that I revived. No, today I will not do that.

Why? Because Today I was killed by a drunk driver while I was helping push a disabled car off the highway. Today I was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop to simply tell someone that they had a taillight out. Today I was killed in a traffic accident rushing to help a citizen. Today I was shot and killed serving a warrant on a known drug dealer. Today I was killed by a man when I came by to do a welfare check because his family was to busy. Today I was killed trying to stop a bank robbery or a grocery store robbery. Today I was killed doing my job.

A chaplain and an officer will go to a house and tell a mom and dad or a wife or husband or a child that their son or daughter or husband or wife or father or mother won’t be coming home today. The flags at many police stations were flown at half-mast today but most people won’t know why. There will be a funeral and my fellow officers will come, a twenty-one-gun salute will be given, and taps will be played as I am laid to rest. My name will be put on a plaque, on a wall, in a building, in a city somewhere. A folded flag will be placed on a mantel or a bookcase in a home somewhere and a family will mourn.

There will be no cries for justice. There will be no riots in the streets. There will be no officers marching, screaming “no justice, no peace.” No citizens will scream that something must be done. No windows will be smashed, no cars burned, no stones thrown, no names called. Only someone crying themselves to sleep tonight will be the only sign that I was cared about.

I was a police officer.

~Author Unknown

And then there is this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882506/Teen-s-legs-severed-train-railway-crossing.html

Father attacks ambulance vehicle trying to rescue his son whose legs were severed by a train after celebrating his 18th birthday

Emergency services found the 18-year-old on the tracks at a railway crossing at about 4.30am on Sunday
The man was celebrating his birthday nearby with family and friends
He was taken to Newcastle's John Hunter Hospital in a serious condition
Bystanders threw rocks at police officers, paramedics and train driver
The group of people abused paramedics during their attempts to treat teen
Police are investigating the scene and find the people who threw rocks

The father of a teenage man, who had both his legs severed when he was struck by a train, allegedly attacked the ambulance vehicle after they arrived to save his son.

Emergency services were called to Bushland Drive railway crossing in Taree on the NSW mid-north coast to find the 18-year-old on the tracks with his legs severed at about 4.30am on Sunday.

But police officers and paramedics who arrived, were forced to take refuge in the train driver's cabin, along with the 33-year-old train driver, after they were hurled with rocks by a group of people.

Paramedics were also blocked, pushed and verbally abused by the group during their initial attempts to treat the teen, and an ambulance vehicle was damaged from the rocks.

Taree Inspector Allan Fidock told Daily Telegraph the father of the victim 'smashed the windscreen of the ambulance'.

'Today the father has been better to us and is apologetic for his actions,' he said.

'We are trying to find people and get an ID on a couple who threw rocks and smashed windows.

'It is horrific to have to deal with that and then deal with alcohol-induced friends and family. And they are having a go at the cops and ambulance officers.

'Initially we had two officers out there. We had to close the station down then because we had five people (at the scene).

'Then there was three or more police who rushed out there when they started in the morning. All up there would have been a maximum of eight police.'

rest at link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2882506/Teen-s-legs-severed-train-railway-crossing.html#ixzz3Mgm5itZG

There's never any excuse for attacking paramedics. But I can understand why people might feel that way about attacking police officers, given the recent high-profile cases of members of the public being killed by police officers. I don't think indiscriminate killing is the answer, but I do think this is a symptom of people losing belief in the rule of law.

The police forces in the US desperately need to weed out the people who are just in it to bully instead of protecting them from the consequences of their actions, and they should put away their military toys which were not intended for use against civilians. It reminds me so much of how the Catholic church went about dealing with child molestation charges in the past and I expect the same kind of eventual reaction.

The duh is just posturing instead of making a genuine statement, with the purpose of upsetting people.
Re: Another douche canoe duh
December 23, 2014
yurble
There's never any excuse for attacking paramedics. But I can understand why people might feel that way about attacking police officers, given the recent high-profile cases of members of the public being killed by police officers. I don't think indiscriminate killing is the answer, but I do think this is a symptom of people losing belief in the rule of law.

The police forces in the US desperately need to weed out the people who are just in it to bully instead of protecting them from the consequences of their actions, and they should put away their military toys which were not intended for use against civilians. It reminds me so much of how the Catholic church went about dealing with child molestation charges in the past and I expect the same kind of eventual reaction.

The duh is just posturing instead of making a genuine statement, with the purpose of upsetting people.

Apparently he has, his twitter is gone https://twitter.com/theevancarroll and his wiki user page has been massively defaced http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EvanCarroll

Other realtors are commenting in a not positive manner http://realuoso.com/real-estate-brokers/realtors-facebook-comment-ignites-firestorm-mar-realtor-brand/

His own website is down now.and so is fakebook https://www.facebook.com/theevancarroll

The one thing I can say is often dirtbags like this don't care if it's a police uniform, fire uniform or EMS uniform, we become targets. I even got flipped off by an idiot in a Berkley shirt in my SAR uniform. For this guy it's not about justice, it's about being a cool suburban soccer dad hipster "revolutionary." And good people, my colleagues and friends become targets.

The least that could've been done with that first graphic is blanking out his address and phone number. That being said, the guy was a dumbass for posting it for EVERYONE to see.
December 23, 2014

The cops and their families in NY did not favors showing up in these shirts in a pro-police rally. However, NYPD is not too swift on the uptake with regard to its public perception, even before the Garner killing. http://www.prweek.com/article/1291343/latest-social-media-fail-case-study-mynypd

The two cops killed were innocent from all I can tell, just doing some OT training. They had nothing to do with the Garner incident. Playing devil's advocate OTOH: did they know about the corruption that permeated NYPD and look the other way? As I said to a friend if you are a good cop but look the other way at dirty cops, then you are a dirty cop who thinks you are a good cop.

Unfortunately, it seems the uniforms of PD, FD and EMTs now all match. Morons like the guy who showed up in NY after trying to kill his not-a-cop ex-gf are not going to check badges or patches.

Speaking about not to quick up the uptake...this guy. Social media is forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 23, 2014
WTH? Why would anyone target EMS workers? I've never even heard of the kinds of douchebag stories everyone knows goes around about cops, about anyone from medical services in the field. I mean, once you're visiting a doctor in a building, your odds of douchebag encounters go up exponentially, but do the same odds apply to the guys in the field? Am I naive for thinking that isn't the case? It seems to me it takes a lot more dedication and desire to help to be out and mobile all day. I have had friends over the years in a variety of mobile emergency health services, and they seem nothing like the doctors in buildings that I have appointments with.

And having called for help in the past for what turned out to be anxiety problems, I was treated very kindly for suffering from things that are all in my head.
December 23, 2014
Ha, I grew up in Kingwood, TX. Went to high school there. It is a sheltered, leafy, wealthy enclave tucked away an hour outside of Houston. 99.9% white people, and I mean wealthy Texas white people.
December 23, 2014
Something tells me he isn't going to be winning any home sales contests any time soon.
December 24, 2014
Presto
WTH? Why would anyone target EMS workers? I've never even heard of the kinds of douchebag stories everyone knows goes around about cops, about anyone from medical services in the field. I mean, once you're visiting a doctor in a building, your odds of douchebag encounters go up exponentially, but do the same odds apply to the guys in the field? Am I naive for thinking that isn't the case? It seems to me it takes a lot more dedication and desire to help to be out and mobile all day. I have had friends over the years in a variety of mobile emergency health services, and they seem nothing like the doctors in buildings that I have appointments with.

And having called for help in the past for what turned out to be anxiety problems, I was treated very kindly for suffering from things that are all in my head.

We're in uniforms therefore we are targets:

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2014-12-23/story/jacksonville-firefighter-injured-apparent-targeted-drive-shooting

Jacksonville firefighter injured in apparent targeted drive-by shooting Tuesday night
By Joe Daraskevich & Derek Gilliam Tue, Dec 23, 2014 @ 9:20 pm | updated Tue, Dec 23, 2014 @ 10:22 pm

A Jacksonville firefighter was injured in a shooting incident Tuesday night on the city’s Southside when police say an unknown shooter in a vehicle targeted a group of about six firefighters.

Lt. Jackson Short of the Sheriff’s Office said the firefighters were fueling a ladder truck behind Fire Station 28 in the 9200 block of Hogan Road at about 7:35 p.m. when a vehicle drove up and someone fired five or six shots, striking one of the firefighters in the arm after the bullet ricocheted.

“It appears the firemen were targeted,” Shorts said. “Because they are firefighters, they were on duty and the area is very well lit from the streetlights at the gas pump area.”

The car then sped off. Police did not have a description of the vehicle or the occupants.

Short said the firefighter was treated at the scene and not hospitalized.

Additional details about the incident weren’t available.

The shooting follows the ambush deaths of two New York Police Department officers and the shooting death of a Tarpon Springs police officer over the weekend. Also, Tuesday morning a Jacksonville police officer was shot at by suspected car thieves.

Jacksonville Mayor Alvin Brown said in a prepared statement Tuesday night that he was outraged and called the attacks in Jacksonville “cowardly.”

“These attacks will not be tolerated,” he said. “As mayor, I will do everything in my power to protect the firefighters and police officers who work so hard to keep us safe. … They deserve no less.”

rest at link

Apparently, the Vancouver City Police have been receiving death-threats as well.

Stay safe, thom. My thoughts are with you and your fellow responders. friendly hug
December 25, 2014
Wow what an asshole! For my Christmas wish, I hope some Hacker gets a hold of all his information, Posts it everywhere they possibly can,and let nature take its course.Then when that happens, ill bet this prick calls the cops. These want to be revolutionary's are laughable. Some middle class prick who ill guarantee has no balls at all, and in all likely hood has 911 on speed dial on his smart phone when there would be even the remote possibility of him getting his ass kicked. He didn't even have enough balls to post his picture, he puts his kids picture up there.
I get really depressed sometimes of the type of society we are becoming.People today seem to idolize the lowest common denominator, I for one would never want to live in a lawless society I support the police and first res ponders. What happened to those 2 officers in NYC was a appalling tragedy! Perpetrated by a piece of garbage and cheered on by more garbage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login