Warning Animal Cruelty: Why It's Bad to Adopt Out Cats on CraigsList
August 30, 2016
http://www.app.com/story/news/local/animals/2016/08/29/cat-killer-aberdeen-raises-concerns-delaware/89526336/

*The guy in yellow is the killer.

"A convicted cat killer from Aberdeen has since moved to Dover, Delaware, where he adopted at least five cats off Craigslist, according to the animals’ former owners and an animal cruelty investigator familiar with the case.

Now, the cats are nowhere to be found, and animal advocates want answers from the Delaware Office of Animal Welfare about 58-year-old Anthony Appolonia.

In 2008 in state Superior Court, Freehold Borough, the former Monmouth County man received the maximum punishment of five years in prison after pleading guilty to charges of animal cruelty. He admitted to investigators that he had tortured and killed 19 kittens and cats, which he had obtained through newspaper ads."

Oh my God, I have no words for what comes next. If hunting scumbags was legal... angry smiley
Re: Warning Animal Cruelty: Why It's Bad to Adopt Out Cats on CraigsList
August 30, 2016
Should strap him to Dexter's table and cover him in tuna ...

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
August 30, 2016
Unfortunately, it could be all too easy for this lunatic to keep right on finding new prey. Sure, he can be blacklisted from shelter adoptions, but people are always giving away dogs and cats. This guy could easily just not tell people his real name and walk home with an armful of new cats because people are so desperate to get rid of unwanted animals. If the locals get wise to his shit, he can just move again to a place where fewer people know who he is.

But since his victims were "just animals," he only got put away for a few years and he picked right back up where he left off once he got back out. Meanwhile, if he'd tortured and killed two dozen humans, he'd never see the light of day again. I don't think I'd ever say this at any other time, but I kinda wish a PETA zealot would blow the guy's head off. Because he'll just keep right on doing this.

I've always believed that if you want to maximize your chances of having pets adopted into loving homes, you should charge people for them (or at the very least, charge for them, interview prospective owners and then waive the fee if you feel they're going to be good owners). If you just give animals away, then any nutcase can come in and take them. Sure, they might be going to a loving home, but they might also be going to someone like this. Charging people money for a pet will drive away about 99 percent of all potential takers, but the 1 percent that responds will most likely be decent people. Most folks won't throw away money on an animal they intend to abuse or kill.
paragon schnitzophonic
And I bet those Craigslist cats were put up for adoption by breeders who drop their animals like a bad habit once a fucking baby comes.
There was one that did, it's the people that had the kitty who was lying in the pink baby basket.

@Cambion

I think humane societies advise charging a big enough fee to deter ugly fuckers like this, but there are too many people that don't seem to listen. I shudder every time I see a newspaper ad or flier for "Free to Good Home' kittens... sad smiley
Cambion
I've always believed that if you want to maximize your chances of having pets adopted into loving homes, you should charge people for them (or at the very least, charge for them, interview prospective owners and then waive the fee if you feel they're going to be good owners).

I don't agree with the latter, people like this sicko can be very good at pretending to be decent. As for charging for pets, I'm very much for it, and not only for this reason.
Blocket (a Swedish website similar to Craigslist) makes it mandatory to charge at least 500 SEK per cat, which is about $60 (prices vary depending on the species, e.g. it's 25 SEK for fish and 1000 SEK for dogs). Personally, I think that's too low for Swedish standards. I paid 1000 SEK for my floofer at the local shelter, which I don't even think was much considering the fact that sterilization, vaccines and a few other goodies were included in the price, but if you can't pay that much for a cat, how are you going to afford food, litter, vet bills etc?

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
September 09, 2016
I got picked out two cats off of facebook. One was free, and the other one was sixty dollars. But he came with everything due to the fact that the family was allergic to him and is neutered.

Most of the cats that we get are either strays or free from people we know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login