Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not sure what to make of this...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Not sure what to make of this...
October 09, 2008
I live with mom still, age 55. I think if I was more successful, I would be elsewhere, but at the moment it is benefical all round.

One of my moms specialties is passive aggressive by playing stupid. I tend to think that one had best be careful of how one acts; it can turn and become reality..

In many cases she seems to have lost much common sense (in some areas) and cannot follow through on simple logic.

One case in point: I went to a sleep center last week (oct 2) to be evaluated to see if I had a sleep problem. Turns out I do, (severe apnea, mostly my fault due to overweight), and I'm going back tonight (Oct 9) to try out the cpap (?) machine to see if it will fix the problem and if I can sleep with it. They seem to be pretty sure it will.
My moms idiot take on it? "Why didn't they try it out last week?" (duuuuh, she's a nurse and she oughta know you have to diagnose if there's a problem, what it is before you fix it..) I know she's 85 and starting to lose it but such obvious lack of logic. This was typical of the stupid shit she'd pull just to be annoying. She, from what I can see, has never suffered any consequence for her behaviour that she knows she brought on herself. She behaved in ways that antagonized all her co - workers and she could never figure out why they disliked her. Talk about dense.
aaaccckkk. I just ignore her now when she pulls this stupid shit. I tend to think it is her version of trying to start a fight. As for why I put up with it? Simple greed I suppose, I inherit the house, I have a place to stay, I do like her company (most of the time). I'm just fearful of how much further she may deteriorate.

I am hoping this machine helps: I am so irritable nowadays, wake up feeling like I've run a marathon... I just hope I can tolerate the mask. Not everybody can tolerate it.
Re: Not sure what to make of this...
October 09, 2008
I have mad insomnia and it's all I can do not to tear someone's head off sometimes. Get an iPod. Then you won't be able to hear her.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login