Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My new career as a food critic

Posted by SlumSlut 
My new career as a food critic
November 18, 2008
Frozen Food Critique #1
Category: Food and Restaurants

I have decided to start a new career (without giving up my old one) as a self-employed/self-proclaimed frozen-food critic. Eventually, I will design a blog on blogspot.com for the purpose. For now, I'm just gonna jump right into it:

Ethnic GourmetĀ® - PAD THAI WITH TOFU ($5.39 @ Broadway Marketplace in Cambridge, MA)

Microwave or Conventional Oven

Main Ingredients: Pad Thai, Tofu, Peanut Sauce, Carrots, Scallions

Method of Prep: Microwave

I was pleased with the texture and flavor, but the dish could have used a bit more seasoning (salt). This is not a problem, since salt can be added at the table, and one does not want a dish to me TOO salty. The package says "mildly spiced" which was true enough as far as Thai food goes. The portion allowed is small enough to be eaten as a side dish or appetizer, yet large enough to stand on its own as a light meal. The price is a bit on the expensive side: I could get a big container of fried rice, tofu, and vegetables from the Chinese roach-coach for just a few cents more, but this product is very convenient and doesn't seem to have the "Chinese-food hangover" effect. I would caution users against over-nuking because the box says to do it for three minutes, turn & stir, then do it for another three minutes. However, I have a microwave with a carousel, so I put it in for four minutes, then took it out, stirred it, let it stand with the plastic wrapper on top, and it was perfect.

I recommend this product for those who enjoy Pad Thai and are looking for new things to try with their freezer-lunches at work, or for students who need something for a quick study-break. This is a tasty, nutritious way to fill your belly and it won't make you fall asleep afterward. I wish the price were lower, but for the level of quality and convenience, it is not unreasonable.

Score: smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley Three of five (I'll be devising and refining the scoring system as I go along)

FYI: I have posted this on MySpace and Suicide Girls where I maintain private and public profiles respectively.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: My new career as a food critic
December 17, 2008
Sounds yummy! I am going to pick up a couple next time I go shopping.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login