Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Posted by SlumSlut 
Tess of the D'Urbervilles
January 17, 2009
Did you ever notice that the title means "Tess of the of the Urbervilles"?

One of my favorite tales of all-time. Just turned on the TV and PBS "Masterpiece Classic" has a NEW mini-series of it. I saw the Polanski film when I was like ten years old, then I saw it again as an adult. A couple of years ago, I managed to read the original novel, then saw the TV miniseries/movie made for A&E. Right now, they're showing the "Conclusion" portion of this new miniseries, and so far, it looks really good. They were all really good; I like movies that are based on books and/or true stories, and I love comparing different versions of the same movie.

Before I start gushing, is there anyone else on this forum that is a fan of this book/movie/story?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
January 18, 2009
i hate, and detest films of books, or books of films. they are never right. they leave me feeling disappointed. i have it as an audiobook somewhere.

fraid i am like a lot of men, i dont like emotional books, action, thinking books.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 18, 2009
I think Polanski's version IMPROVED on certain aspects of the book.

I haven't seen all of the newest version of the movie. I'm going to watch it online today.

SO EXCITED! Nerding myself to death already!

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

January 18, 2009
It occurs to me that many of you probably don't like this story because there is breast-feeding in it.

That is not why I like it. There are particular aspects of the screenplay, choreography, and character development that appeal to me and I would like to discuss that with anyone else who is familiar with them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login