Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1676 India's friend

Posted by sprogless 
sprogless
1676 India's friend
July 22, 2006
This has crossed the line into elder abuse. Please tell your friend to follow these instructions:

1) Change the locks NOW! If moo had access to her apt. when she was in the hospital, she has a key.

2) Call the Police and file a report. Give them copies of all county documents that could be used to possibly identify this woman. Make sure to tell them there's a child involved.

3) Notify social services, and give them a copy of the police report. Same to her landlord. Have her give a detailed description of these people to her neighbors, and landlord.

4) Contact Equifax, Trans Union, and Experian. They'll put red flags on her accounts. Tell her to get new credit cards.

5) Call Social Security so they can watch her SS# for possible Identity Fraud.

India, I am so sorry this happened. I hope they can catch this bitch.
Re: 1676 India's friend
July 22, 2006
This is elder abuse. My concern is that the county does not care since it is hard to find caregivers despite the pay being higher. If was I back living in the Bay Area, I would work as a caregiver to the aged or disabled because I would make more money than a security guard in that area. Here in Florida, the earnings are the reverse -- security personnel do better.

If there was a complaint of a child care worker pulling a "no show", the county would do something rather than what they told my friend: tell the moo she is being replaced. I should not be suprised that the single mother gave my friend grief telling her that the "other side of the story" was told to the county. Either the b*tch came to work but she didn't!

Like in my rant about my single moo co-workers, this is what these women do regardless of field: pull "no shows", call out, leave early or steal. One single moo with three brats on my security site stole promo items from the client....thinking it was okay to bring the backpacks and other goodies to her illegitimate children. The assisted living where my friend lives is going to get the locks changed on Monday. Her financial person is going to be contacted about possible identity theft.

It really angers that the single mamacita from Mexico stole jewelry from my friend months ago. I was like, "Why didn't you tell me sooner," but I realised that an elderly disabled woman is going to fear making waves because the older folks are treated as if they should be LUCKY to have these nasty single moos looking after them on the county dime.

I was really tripping earlier because I had not eaten lunch. My blood sugar crashed after chugging strong coffee later this morning. I was shaky and at a H.A.L.T. (hungry, angry, lonely (that is another issue...but I am getting over something right now & tired). I had a small sandwich and took a nap so I am more lucid. Thank-you for listening.
July 22, 2006
Sadly, our society ignores the elderly.

lab mom
July 23, 2006
the one thing i did notice when i was overthere.. i rarely saw any old people, where in my home town, you see 80 year olds wandering about, doing their own stuff. there i hardly saw any.

i work for a charity dealing with the older people, volunteer, but hopefully there will be a proper job there in a bit for me, applyied for a wage one..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 23, 2006
WaterLily Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sadly, our society ignores the elderly.

Who the hell cares about some old geezers? It's ALL about the sprogs! [/sarcasm]
July 24, 2006
Good news at last! My friend is having the single moo, K*rl* terminated as of today and is interviewing five women. The single moo got hostile to my friend in her own apartment! I told my friend that this b*tch had a lot of nerve to be so nasty in the client's home. I also told her to check her belongings because the single moo's nasty sprog probably DID steal from her. I am glad the county is taking the issue of this typical single mother being a no-show and lazy seriously. That was the tip of the iceberg. My main concern was the moo's shady boyfriend.
July 24, 2006
She should press charges against anyone who steals her stuff, or physically harms her. Most agencies that provide care workers to the elderly and disabled have to do back ground checks and not hire people who have been convicted of stealing from or abusing the elderly or disabled.

July 24, 2006
Feh, I wish my friend would press charges against the other caregiver who stole from her. The bint was probably dumb enough to leave fingerprints by the jewelry box. The latest single moo caregiver has been fired. Fortunately, my friend was not physically assaulted but verbally berated which is just as bad. This is one of those times I wish I was still living in the SF Bay Area to keep an eye on my friend.
July 24, 2006
its a pity there isnt an old peoples charity there, theres one here, all it does is look after the older people, some of whom before they new of the charity, never saw anyone for years at a time.. and they have emergency helpers, in case of floods or whatever, even some care workers, who will stand and make sure they are looked after. they even take these people on days out, to tea mornings. teach them computers..

if i met the theives god help them, no one steals from an oldie.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 24, 2006
Mercurior, I wish I could afford a flight for me and you & Faust to San Francisco to deal with that moo who stole from my friend and the latest single moo caregiver who was so verbally cruel to her.
July 24, 2006
imagine her look when i come lurching in.. terrify the pants off her

July 24, 2006
Verbal abuse is still abuse, especially when the person being abused is unable to defend themselves. Any abuse, either verbal or physical, should be reported. Hell, it's our taxes that pay for this, as they should, and I'd just as soon not think that my money is paying for people who abuse those under their care in any way.
July 24, 2006
That's terrible. Somebody needs a good swift ass kicking. I can only hope people like this get what's coming to them - 3 fold.
sprogless
July 24, 2006
I will be more than happy to administer that ass kicking!
July 24, 2006
Now...I really wish I bought Lotto tickets. We could all go to San Francisco if I had hit the Big One. After the a**-kicking, all of you - my CF friends - would get to enjoy the Bay Area on my winnings. I am a no "drama" person but I cannot just ignore an elderly and disabled friend who has been mistreated and robbed by these single moo caregivers. My friend is afraid of making waves thinking that the social workers will take away her caregivers. She does have a good one two or three days a week. I just hope she gets another decent one after these low-lifes.
July 24, 2006
I can understand why your friend is so afraid, India. She's basically at the mercy of these people, in a way, like a hostage. Though I'm sure she appreciates having such a good friend as you to watch over her!
July 25, 2006
Thank-you, Medusa. My friend is a good person. She has three kids. Her youngest is in his 30's and cannot be expected to look after her since he is learning disabled. His older brother is in the military. Her daughter is a SAHMoo who has always been selfish long before she married and had that baybee. The daughter does live about an hour away but rarely visits her unless she wants to attention wh*re her 18/month-old. It does bother me how many elderly & disabled have NO ONE to look after them despite having adult chidlren.
July 25, 2006
But...but if you don't have kids...who will look after you when you're old?!!!

And this story is the perfect shovel for that particular load of bull.
July 25, 2006
i have seen people olde age people, who had 6 or 7 kids.. and they are left alone..and never see their kids or grandkids.. even if you just sit with them for an hour, you will see the gratitude in their eyes sometimes its so hard..

CFScorpio
July 25, 2006
Underpaid home health aides frequently steal from their wealthier elder patients. I know 2 people this has happened to. These people only make around $8.50/$10 an hour and are often uneducated and come from poverty-level homes. Suddenly they are placed in homes of elderly people who have spent their lives accumulating nice things, and for many of them, the temptation is just too much!

My elderly neighbor (back in the 1980s) had a home health aide staying with her while she was ill. This aide was from the ghetto and seemed like a nice woman, but my neighbor walked in on her stealing the silver and stuffing it in her bag. Apparently she'd been taking 1 or 2 knives/forks at a time, thinking no one would notice. The aide was fired.

After my grandmother had surgery 12 years ago, they sent her a ghetto health aide from a neighboring town. My grandmother noticed on a few occasions that the quarters in a bowl in her bedroom kept disappearing. Then one day she opened her freezer and noticed that an entire pork roast was missing!

My grandmother didn't want to confront her or get the girl in trouble, so she simply called the service and said she was feeling better and didn't need the aide anymore. She didn't report the thefts because she said if the girl would stoop to stealing quarters and meat, she must really need the agency work.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.