Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh! No, my best friend's at it too!

Posted by Mrs. Ogre 
Mrs. Ogre
Oh! No, my best friend's at it too!
July 24, 2006
My best friend moved to Europe a few years ago. We still managed to keep a close contact and visit each other once in a while. Each time we meet, it's like we'd seen each other the day before. She married a guy in his 40's (she's in her early 30's) and they desperately try to have a baby. They've done several tests and are about to try IVF. They even canceled a trip they've been dying to take for a long time. Maybe it's a way of nature of telling them it's not for everyone. I wish it doesn't work, so I can keep my friend. I lost so many friends to babies. Then if it works, I'll have to pretend I'm thrilled, although I won't be. Then I'll receive tons of pics I won't be interested in. And if we go visit them in their new house, the magic of my midnight talks with her will be gone, because she'll be a mooooo. Another friend told me she didn't want kids. Maybe I should stick to her, although she too lives in Europe.
Re: Oh! No, my best friend's at it too!
July 24, 2006
I do feel your pain, Mrs. Ogre. I feel I have lost my stepbrother to breeding. He was once a cool guy and so mellow. The man changed big time when he remarried to a "woman from a good family". My stepbro has become condescending towards me and a very different person. Their not-so-blessed event is due late this summer. It is hard for me to be a fake so I have no sent any "congrats" cards or anything like it. Don't pretend to be thrilled, Mrs. Ogre. Women are always expected to go ga-ga over those babies.
I feel for you.

I pretended to be happy when my best friend bred. She actually is mostly a PNB, but to tell you the truth, it doesn't end up changing much. I have ranted about her plenty of times and the rants are painful. She is still a great friend to all our mutual friends and acquaintances who bred, but I basically see her once or twice a year if I'm lucky for the last 8 years(age of her oldest kid). And, that is only if I twist my schedule into a pretzal to meet her needs and after a dozen cancellations, b/c she suddenly has a "conflict". Hey, how about just putting me first once in awhile and not scheduling something new when we have plans? What a novel idea, right?

For example, she needed my help this weekend w/ something. I agreed and we " put it on the calendar", of course, she cancelled, but only after I emailed her 2 days before to confirm and get details. I am wondering if I didn't contact her ahead of time if she would have ever told me at all that she evidentially erased the calendar and scheduled something new. Plus, the fact she just told me it was a "conflict" I truly wonder the real importance of the new thing at all.

So brace yourself if you don't want to get rid of this friend ahead of time. It will be a long lonely painful road unless you nip it in the bud.
July 24, 2006
I've had a few friends do the IVF route. Watching them go through the treatments and hearing the whining and bitching is like watching them riding on a flaming wagon straight into the bowels of hell.

They should get out while they can.
July 24, 2006
the uk, you get i think 3 free goes, on the NHS, about £15,000 roughly a go.. then after 3, you have to pay yourself..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 24, 2006
Exact same situation here, CF Uter. My former best friend is not technically a rabid moo, but everything changed when she had her "accident". I got sick of being taken for granted and kicked her out of my life - and it's not like that made me feel good, since we'd been friends for 20 years! But enough was enough.
What saddens me the most, is that she's has impressive degrees (PhD of this and that) and is so bright and funny, but now she's just obsessed with breeding and because of that, she might become placenta brain. She and her husband sold their city appartment to buy a huge house in the country to raise a litter.
Anonymous User
July 24, 2006
The thing about breeders is with rare exceptions, they become selfish to the nth degree. It's their world and we're just livin in it!!!
I too lost a very close cousin to breeding! He lives in another country, but ever since I met him as a teenager in South America he has always wished me a happy b-day by sending me a card (before internet time) and has always sent an e-card for about 18 years! He was like a brother to me by telling me about his personal life, relationships, when he lost his virginity, etc. I was sadden on Saturday to find no b-day e-card was sent to me!! It must be because of his bitchy wife who is so controlling and has a very bad temper who knocked him up after being with him for about 6 months. Now he has a brat who is 7 months old and he has forgotten about me! frowning(( Oh well, his b-day is next month and I'll do the same, he sure will not get a b-day e-card from me and no e-mails! I'll write him only if he ever writes me back personally and this does not include sending a mass e-mail with pictures of the brat!
July 24, 2006
I hated getting e-mail pictures of the brat. I'm glad I don't get those anymore!
July 25, 2006
I hate having shit loads of pics of some ugly f*ckin' brat given by the damn moo. The kid is a brat to the nth degree. I'll always cherish my cf friends. No pics sent of some brat.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.