Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loaves at Wine Festival

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Loaves at Wine Festival
July 31, 2006
Yesterday, SO and I went to a nice wine festival in the mountains nearby. Everything was perfect, a great day, excellent wine, good cheese, fruit and bread buffet.

We grabbed a table out on the deck with a fabulous view of the mountains. Sitting there, enjoying each other, the view and the wine. To the table next to us walk, "The Breedersons." 4 kids aged newborn to 6 with all the amenities: toys, gargantuan stroller, etc. And the shit started. The loaf wailed, the others just misbehaved. Then the moo was bitching from minute one how there was nothing for her brats to eat and bitched because the wine festival staff refused to go upstairs to the restaurant to put in an order for her and bring it down. After all, she had 4 kids you know. Then pissed and moaned because the wine cheese and bread buffet was $8 and how you should be allowed to go through more than one time. As hubby walked around to the different wineries and brought some samples back for her, she bitched because she thought there should be bigger samples - "It's not even a mouthful - how can anyone taste this shit?" - bitched at the kids about their behavior and didn't like any of the wines. SO and I luckily, got small doses of this bullshit as we walked around and went outside for some air periodically. Everyone around them was annoyed and one couple went to the management to complain how children should not be allowed there.

These people were the epitome of your selfish, entitlement-minded breeders. First off, what kind of fucking imbecile brings KIDS to a wine festival? I personally think they need to have a rule that no one under 21 admitted. WTF? She was clearly unhapy with her own life and wanted to make DAMN sure no one around her yesterday had a good time. And she had the typical mom look: boring shoes, elastic waist capri pants, moo shirt, and the tri-color hair. I was waiting for her to whip out her ugly utters and start breast feeding. She could have had her own buffet line for the 4 brats.
GreenGrass
Re: Loaves at Wine Festival
July 31, 2006
I experienced a similar situation this past weekend. Husband and I went to a winery in north Texas. They were having a "grape stomp" and of course, there were loaves and young kids everywhere. Most were running around looking bored out of their minds. The place would have been much less crowded if these people would've been thoughtful enough to leave the kids at home, or if they had decided to stay home themselves. However, this is what I have come to expect these days. Kids are EVERYWHERE, and you are a bad evil child hater if you think that kids aren't entitled to be EVERYWHERE, including wineries, bars, and other "adult" places. What do you want to bet that moomie with the four dumplings at the wine festival went home to her mommy blog and bitched about how child unfriendly they were there?
Anonymous User
July 31, 2006
Why the hell do they even ALLOW kids at events where the main feature is alcoholic beverages? Why have sprogs at brewery/winery tours, when they aren't allowed to sample the wares?

I have mentioned this here before, and I'll mention it again. If you are in New England at the beginning of November, and like good microbrews, check out the Maine Brewers Festival http://www.mainebrew.com/ . This is a very cool event, and NO ONE UDER 21 is allowed in.

Sadly, this seems to be one of the few CF beer fests we've been to.
July 31, 2006
We are about to embark on a massive beer fest here in Madison. Apparently my boyfriend "HAS" to babysit a friend's loaf because she really wants to go, and all the other babysitters are going as well. Why the father of this child can not take care of it for one additional day (he's a stay at home dad) is beyond me. BF's whining because he doesn't want to babysit, and I told him "you can always say no, sometimes parents don't get to do everything they want, that's why we're not parents". He said he knew but that he felt bad for her, because she was the one who did all the line standing to get the tickets for everyone else who was going. I just said that no one is forcing you to, and so don't complain to me about it if you can't say no. Yes, I am a horrible bitch, I refuse to listen to the complaints of parents or "voluntary caregivers". It's bullshit, you know what you're getting into, and if you don't want to get into it, then for chrissakes DON'T GO THERE, it's as simple as that. It's not like she's going to leave the little ankle biter at home alone, or out on the street.

However, I was actually posting to say I just learned that in my town, you can not keep kids out of city parks...adults, yes, kids, no. Odd. Anyway, my point is, that kids under the age of 16 are allowed into the beerfest for free. If you will be letting them taste beer, you must buy them a ticket (not that I'd imagine any parents bringing their kids would - buy a ticket I mean). If they are over 16, and not tasting beer, they must have a designated driver ticket. I'm glad I'm not going, and I'm glad I'm not babysitting.
Mrs. Ogre
July 31, 2006
I'd love to stumble on the mommy blog to read what she has to say about the eeeeeevil wine tasting place. Was it in Napa Valley?
July 31, 2006
What the hell? What if Sproggy gets his/her grubby hands on a sample while Moo and Duh aren't looking? Then they would sue the place for getting their pwecious baybee drunk. Those events should be 21 y.o. and above ONLY (or 18 here). No fucking brats allowed! And if you can't get a sitter - stay the hell home!
July 31, 2006
I agree, Medusa. Leave the scralling brats at home where the f*ck they belong!

lab mom
August 01, 2006
thats the one word that terrifies places liability, what if ickle spratling, falls and thye can sue.. i think we should all use that as a line, what if little bratling gets drunk and the moo sues.. you are liable then for not checking the id of the 2 year old..

and so on.. perhaps it will make certain places think hang on, it isnt a good idea to let snotlings in

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 01, 2006
Actually Mrs. Ogre, it was right here in the Pocono Mountains of NE PA! Must be a mommy blog out there somewhere for this area.
Anonymous User
August 29, 2006
Split Rock Lodge, I take it? What a dump that place is. We got suckered into a time share thing where they showed us the place. Five star resort my ass! We were in "the Galleria" looking for a place to eat. There was a relatively empty restaurant so we walked over to the hostess desk. The hostess was sick, wiping her hand on her nose, her clothes were wrinkled, and she was chewing gum. Ew.

We told the concierge about it, and that person actually showed us what the Time Share people do...they'll bump your reservation for a nice room and put you in a dumpy one. THe only problem is that the concierge takes the grief for the person's dissatisfaction because the sales people don't TELL them these things. Of course, we didn't buy a time-share. And when we didn't, they let you out of the place by walking you down steps and outside, to a darkened parking lot where you have to walk up a gravel embankment to get to your car.

Seriously, folks, the Poconos are fast becoming a dump. Stay away.

YOu want good wine? Go to the Finger Lakes in NY. Lots of bed & breakfast places that cater to the CF.
Nour
August 29, 2006
There are wine bars in San Francisco where they only allow 18 and older in. You get Napa wines at a good price and a bunch of other yummy wines and no brats and their handlers.
August 30, 2006
NotQuiteSure, Actually, the wine fest was at Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe. Nice place. www.pennspeak.com I've never stayed at Split Rock but I've heard nightmares about time shares in general.

The whole Pocono Mountains of PA is getting bought up and built up by people from "out of the area" who are only in it for a quick buck, the areas they come from have a higher level of wealth so PA to them is cheap. It's very sad as the Poconos was once an area people from out of the country came to because it was so nice.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.