Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1712 Ex-Co-Worker's Baybee

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
1712 Ex-Co-Worker's Baybee
August 01, 2006
Wonder, hope, dreams???? WTF? Aside from kids ruining your life, this world's in lousy shape, you'd have to be insane to bring a kid into this day and age.

I feel sorry for the kids of today who have to live in this shit hole. I look at my nephews and shudder to think what things will be like when they are 30. War, crime, drugs, and this country is going down the shitter faster with each passing day. The gap between the haves and the have-nots is getting bigger and bigger. Inflation where I live went up 7% last year. Yes, folks, 7%. People are not getting 7% raises, either.

What's to look forward to for these kids growing up?
Re: 1712 Ex-Co-Worker's Baybee
August 01, 2006
I read how more conservative Jews do cry when a baby is born due to how s/he will most likely have a hard life due to the nature of this world. Yet, the Jewish people - like any other religious group - pushed breeding. It makes no sense. I guess it does make sense, though, since religions do this to increase their numbers. I've noticed how certain people will say this is a bad world to bring a child into yet they will go ahead and have a baby anyway!
GreenGrass
August 01, 2006
I agree with you guys. What really gets me is when I meet people who are into environmental issues and talk about how much they think the world is going to hell, but they also say they want or have kids. I wish people would stop breeding in protest to what is going on in the world today. It's almost like if you have a kid, you are saying that everything is just fine, which it is obviously not.
Anonymous User
August 01, 2006
Nour: What a damn nerve she has to bingo you!! So she is so shallow she needs to find her happiness in her spawn? What a burden for said kid. I'd email her back a zippy little reponse. Jez!!!
August 01, 2006
So much for that future.

lab mom
Mrs. Ogre
August 02, 2006
Speaking of which, that reminds me somtheting that happened at work recently. I was on vacation, so I did not witness it, but a cf colleague told me she got bingoed. This took place at the little gathering organized for the maternity leaving party of a well-liked colleague (PNcool smiley. A VP, breeder herself, said she'd try to guess who was next and decided it would be my cf colleague. Her facial expression meant clearly "don't go into that direction". Luckily, another colleague who wants to be a mother, but totally respects our choice came to help and diverted the vp's attention by saying, I don't mind being the next.
August 02, 2006
Those bingos remind me when I was at my stepbrother's wedding in 1996. After the nuptuals in the church and then the reception at my sister-in-law's grandmother's home, there was that "catch the bouquet" ceremony. I refused to partake in such a desperate attempt. Some biddy at the house got really offended that I was not going outside to act so desperate to grab a bunch of dying flowers in the hopes of maybe some man wanting to marry me. I thought it was pitiful to see these adult women for falling for such a sad social rite.
August 02, 2006
Ugh. I HATE the boquet toss at weddings. It's a horrifying traditon that debases us all. I will always leave, argue if forced, and if pushed I'll stand as far away as I'm allowed.
August 02, 2006
Too bad you were not at my stepbrother's wedding with me, Feh! That biddy would have been tripping at the BOTH of us refusing to go outside for that bouquet toss. I was very adament. I am glad that someone else sees that tradition as I do: something that debases all women.
Nour
August 02, 2006
Oh my god, I hate the bouquet toss! My ex-BF got really annoyed one time when I went to the bathroom just as the toss was gettin' underway. At the other weddings I've been to, I've never participated. The older married people try to cajole me. Fuck that.
IF (big if) I ever get married, there will be no bouquet toss.
August 02, 2006
I didn't toss the bouquet at my wedding, and I wasn't there when my sil's bouquet toss at her wedding. I despise such a degrading act.

lab mom
August 02, 2006
they all go on about tossing the bouquet (or as a fan of keeping up appearances bucket).. but there is a male version the woman throws her garter and the man who gets it supposed to get married..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Mrs. Ogre
August 02, 2006
I tossed my bouquet at my wedding, for the fun of it, and there was no angry fight at all. In fact, my boss caught it and I asked a raise before handing it graciously to her. But I refused to have my husband snatch my garter with his teeth and toss it. What's under my dress is for his eyes only! grinning smiley
August 02, 2006
I guess if I were in a position to toss a boquet, I would...provided I could douse it in gasoline and set it on fire and provide all the folks who were supposed to "catch" it with baseball bats. Now that would be cool.
August 02, 2006
I refuse to go to weddings, period.
August 03, 2006
I much prefer Pagan handfastings to traditional weddings. Less krysjianity-focused crap and more focus on the couple wanting to be together through life's journey. Not obeying the man, serving God, spawning, etc.
August 03, 2006
Ahh, I think the mentions of God and spawn are actually up to the couple getting married. I've been to two weddings so far this year (one more to go!). One was held in an old synagog (sp?) and officiated by a judge. There was no mention of god, obeying or spawn. I don't think there was even a mention of faithfulness. It was a 15 minute ceremony and totally awesome. The other wedding was outside and involved a minister, I was actually shocked at all the mentions of spawning he made though he only mentioned god a couple times, and no mention of obeying. On a good note, he did sound like Reverend Lovejoy from the Simpsons, and the drinks were free.
August 03, 2006
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On a good note, he did sound like Reverend Lovejoy from the
> Simpsons, and the drinks were free.

Hee! I would have laughed my arse off.

If I ever get married, you can be sure there won't be even remote mentions of spawning or obeying the dude.

Anonymous User
August 03, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
> they all go on about tossing the bouquet (or as a
> fan of keeping up appearances bucket).. but there
> is a male version the woman throws her garter and
> the man who gets it supposed to get married..

I don't like the idea of tossing the bouquet or garters. If folks toss their cookies, that might be another issue altogether.
August 04, 2006
Tossing the garter seems to be more "sexier" to the fellows than a bunch of women falling all over themselves over dying flowers for the sake of snagging some man...
August 04, 2006
Mrs. Ogre Wrote:
> I tossed my bouquet at my wedding, for the fun of
> it, and there was no angry fight at all. In fact,
> my boss caught it and I asked a raise before
> handing it graciously to her. But I refused to
> have my husband snatch my garter with his teeth
> and toss it. What's under my dress is for his eyes
> only!

I had my dh get mine,(garter) but not with his teeth, but with his hands. I was rather discreet, not sluttish.

lab mom
August 04, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
> Tossing the garter seems to be more "sexier" to
> the fellows than a bunch of women falling all over
> themselves over dying flowers for the sake of
> snagging some man...

I still say that is so degrading. It's like saying women need a man to exist. So much for independence and womens lib. sad smiley
india.darshan
August 05, 2006
I dislike the entire wedding industry. It focuses on that one day making it seem that nothing else is important to a woman than snagging a husband. A lot of marriages seem to be more a prostitution type situation when the woman is looking for a money'd man to support them. At least, streetwalkers are more honest about their intentions.

I work with some fellows who have to travel for work. They say the travels keep their lives more stable at home since the wives love it when they are gone. I have no respect for marriage since these women want their husbands earnings but do not want the men around. The garter with the teeth is also degrading. Let's see the guy get practically stripped down at the wedding to have private items tossed or stuff him in a white outfit to show his "purity".

I am working longer tonight so I am a bit cranky since there was a call-out...by a single moo, of course. But, everyone knows not to even attempt to call me tomorrow after working until 3am. Maybe one of these days I will have gotten enough sleep so I am no longer so b*tchy...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.