Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1730 - The Maul At Lunch

Posted by Fattie 
Fattie
#1730 - The Maul At Lunch
August 03, 2006
I know what you mean KFLL. I WORK at the mall right now and that's all I encounter right now when I'm on my lunch break. We don't have a fridge or a microwave yet in the employee lounge at the store that I work at yet since it's new.
And I saw some of the worst sights in my life yesterday while up at the food court on my break: 1. I saw a SUV stroller that seated THREE sprogs in a row! and 2. I saw a little girl sprog with a TOY SUV double-seater stroller of her own! (Not the same famblee). It's like her famblee is training her to become a moo when she grows up.
Anonymous User
Re: #1730 - The Maul At Lunch
August 04, 2006
Don't worry too much about the little girl with the mini-stroller of her own. A lot of us grew up in breeder families, only to turn out CF. I used to have dozens of dolls, and took pretty good care of them, but I also used to play "mermaid". (Put both legs into one leg of your pajamas and tuck the other one in: instant tail! Add bathing suit top and you're set). I knew there was as little chance of me growing up to be a parent as there was of taking to the ocean, and I prefered the latter!

It is possible to go against y
August 04, 2006
Wow...three kids wide will definitely cramp the walkways. Apparently whoever designed that model didn't give a shit about the passerbys who would need to grease up with Vaseline just to get past the thing.

Every time I go to the mall, there's always at least one wailing child or infant. A couple of amusing accounts I recall was once in Spencer Gifts I was waiting in line and two kids were walking around and pushing anything with a button to see what noises the items made. Well one toy they played with was called an "Orgasm Button". You can probably guess what kind of sounds that one made. The kids turned red-faced and ran out of the store.

Another account involved the paradigm of parenting looking away for "just a second". Moo was sitting, facing away from her child, and talking to another woman. Meanwhile, her child had apparently found some ice cream or a milkshake that someone had spilled on the top of the garbage can. These cans were made with broad tops that curved inward to a smaller opening in the center, so there was about a 12-inch-wide metal ridge around the actual opening on the can. It was on this ridge where the melted ice cream was splattered. The kid started licking the ice cream off and was moving around the can in a circle to get every last drop. I wanted to say something, but the kid looked like he was having fun, so I left them alone. I mean, it couldn't have been much worse for him than a Happy Meal.
DrDanCorelli
August 04, 2006
DW and I hate the mall and never go there unless we absolutely must and only then under enough duress to break an experienced CIA operative!

That bastion of misplaced consumerism and breeder hell raises my systolic blood pressure about 90 points.
August 04, 2006
DrDanCorelli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DW and I hate the mall and never go there unless
> we absolutely must and only then under enough
> duress to break an experienced CIA operative!
>
> That bastion of misplaced consumerism and breeder
> hell raises my systolic blood pressure about 90
> points.

The mall is the epidemy of breeder hell. I hate the place with a passion.

Whenever I see or hear a brat doin' their thing, that raises my blood pressure.

lab mom
Fattie
August 05, 2006
WaterLily Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The mall is the epidemy of breeder hell. I hate
> the place with a passion.
>
> Whenever I see or hear a brat doin' their thing,
> that raises my blood pressure.

This is why I wish there was a such thing as a CF mall; for the CF, empty-nesters, and PNBs who have heard of babysitters to go to shop, watch a movie, and/or eat in peace.
August 05, 2006
The maul always give me a panic attack.

I prefer Darth Maul. *Star Wars geek!*
August 06, 2006
Dr. Dan, I am glad you mentioned the horrible consumerism. Shopping is a nasty social "disease". So many people laugh about "retail therapy". It no longer became comical when I had to pay off a horrible debt...and I no longer had the mall junk I bought! It is not as if I suffered by working a lot to make the payments had I brought on debt due to buying a good vehicle or something else of true value.

I have an older friend on disability who does the "retail therapy". She may get her clothes on sale but using a department store card wipes out any of the savings due to the interest rates and other finance charges. The lady does give away her old clothing when she buys new things...but how many outfits does ONE person need??? I find it more therapeutic to give away things I have and not buy more. I actually LIKE having less clothing.
August 06, 2006
I am lazy when it comes to shopping for clothes plus I can't stand the time one wastes going to stores and dealing with brats everywhere. For me there is no "retail therapy," but more of "retail stress." I use my clothes and shoes until they are falling apart. Plus I am very frugal. My gym shoes are 4 years old and is in bad shape because I wear them to and from work and work out daily. I have sandles that are 10 years old and the stap broke on it among other wear and tear, but I love them and I am afraid I will be forced to throw them out. I love to get rid of stuff that I don't wear anymore to people in need! It is indeed a great feeling If I don't wear something in say one year I give it away for charities that do not resell rather give them to the homeless and others in need. The better "business-like" clothes I give to a non-profit place that gives these clothes to poor women to go on interviews.
August 06, 2006
I like to look for sales. I just hate dealing with such @ssholes.

lab mom
August 07, 2006
i have a denim jacket i bought when i was 16, i have had it for 17 years now its shredded, its so pale as to be nearly white, i still wear it, i dont fasten it, but.. i still got it, i have other jackets that are equally old.. and shoes i wear till the soles crack..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.