Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1740 -- Miltary & Breeding

Posted by india_darshan 
#1740 -- Miltary & Breeding
August 05, 2006
The US military is very much into mom, apple pie, and the flag. Being "different" is not accepted in any of the armed services regardless of how there are more Wiccans and other people of alternative faiths in the military. Remember...this is an organization that will put someone in a military prison for being gay or having an extramarital affair. I would not be surprised if church attendance and breeding are drilled into new recruits heads. It is unfair to expect a woman to become a single mother should the man get killed in the line of duty.
anonymous guest
Re: #1740 -- Miltary & Breeding
August 05, 2006
It's a lot of the group think thing. My brother used to be, should I say, as moderately political as I am. When he joined the military, he became all radical conservative in every issue. That even includes the "wife stays at home, clean, cooks, takes cares of kids, has no business working except for pin money, and bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen". He used to not be like that at all. Hell, he even used to accept gay people, but after he joined the military, gay people were he evil work of Satan that needed to be preached the word of God and told that if they don't go back to heterosexuality, they would be going to hell. Even worse, he'll be a duh soon. The same thing happened to a former friend of mine, except he's already a duh with an out-of-control brat.
August 05, 2006
Gawd, that's like a crazy cult!

And I agree with the original poster who said how selfish it would be to doom the wife to be a single mom if the husband dies.

Hey, you're afraid of death, we get it - but then, WTF are you doing in the ARMY?!?
August 06, 2006
I definitely think the whole church thing is fed to recruits...my boyfriend wrote to me from boot camp and told me about how he attended church services, even though he is agnostic. He prays, but just not to the Catholic god - I wouldn't be surprised if recruits were encouraged to believe in shit against their own religion. I sometimes wonder why he left for the military a fence-sitter and came back wanting "at least one" child someday...hmm.

Add me to the list of us who find it selfish of this guy to want to breed in case he blown away in battle. It's seems like the guy wants to know he's got a little cumsplat to show his cock worked, so he can practically die happily and leave the cuntwork to his wife. And I'm sure he would be worshipped by fundies and baby-humpers for making this decision, whereas the woman would get less praise for enduring the single moohood life because women are just expected to take care of kids and be overjoyed about it.
Anonymous User
August 06, 2006
This post was of particular interest to me as last x-mas I went to visit my sister and her husband in Italy- they are stationed over there right now. My sister had just had her first child, and I wanted to meet her and of course see Italy with out a hotel stay. But I was blown away, that even when we are are out of the US, we are breeders. I could not see anything but moms and babies and strollers, it was a huge culture of women that stayed home and took care of kids, talked about having more. It was odd. My sister has changed since being in military, and then when she got out to marry her husband who stayed in, she really became what they wanted her to be. Still talking about having more, even when the first one almost killed her three times- after the birthing problems. You and I are paying for them to all live not real lives, they have house paid for, cheaper food and goods on base, all the needs of cheap movies, fitness clubs, all for them. Of course- we that pay for it do not have this life. They are so pampered, they can't imagine not bringing a kid into the world, they don't have to really pay for it we do. Some might argue that they put their life in the line for me. I would agrue that very few of these folks ever see real danger and are just getting a free ride, and higher standard of living than they could have had with out the military.
This is the norm- you are a man only when you make a kid, this was told to my brother in law many times after she was born, and he was so proud of himself. Crazy world.
August 06, 2006
Women get no praise for single motherhood while men are praised up and down when they are single fathers. The women flock all over them like they are some sort of gods. I think it is about time that these guys also have to do the c*nt work of raising a brat.

Group mentality does not leave much room for individuality. Whether it is church or the military, diversity is not welcomed. Military men are the worst to marry. Many military marriages do have hints of abuse or just out & out abuse. Women are looked at as nothing more than c*nts. The wife is to stay at home with the kids and to keep breeding on demand while the husband sticks his d*ck into any woman while overseas or even stationed at home.

Men tend to get more conservative with age so an aging military man is even worse than the young ones.
August 06, 2006
I cannot stereotype all military men in the same category but most of them have no respect for women. The rapes in Iraq, sadly to say, are not anything new when it comes to the behaviour of the armed forces. Many of these guys have the mentality of women being "war booty". Taking the "enemies'" women is something that is listed in the Old Testament of the 'Holy' Bible according to God's commands to his chosen people, who were fighting the enemies.

I worked with a young ex-Marine last year at one security site. It was no surprise when my old boss told me that this young man's fiance left him. Smart woman! This guy ogled the client's employees and made so many comments about "pieces of @ss". Women in the military are usually not treated well, either. The thing is that my former supervisor is also a former Marine and not that much older than the guard I mentioned. Yet, this man is extremely respectful to women and is truly a great guy.
Ashley
August 06, 2006
This change to one's core values that some of you guys have seen is sickening! This makes me all the more glad that my parents are both out of the USAF and have been for sometime (although, neither of them was in a combat position). My husband wanted to join the USMC reserves a few years ago, and I told him that if he did, we'd have to break up because there was no way I'd be able to stand being away from him for that long (training and then combat...he has a friend who joined and was gone for over a year), nor could I stand what he would become by being the military. Thankfully, he was disqualified because of his allergies and skin problems (he has eczema and general dry skin), or he wouldn't be my husband now (this was 3 years ago)!
August 06, 2006
i could say the army isnt building angels, but killers, so you should expect them to be bad people.. but that would be a lie, i have known some decent army people but admittedly they are the UK soldiers..

they use the "church" and the idea of having families, to make these killers more stable, if you have no one to come home too, you can desert and go rogue, so they press for family values, and family. and they equate church with family.. so..

what gets me is these people who joined the army, then complain coz they have to kill someone.. or risk getting shot at.. look no one forced you to join up, you chose it, and you expect them to pay you for sitting on your arse all day, rather than actually defending the country of your choice,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Cedric
August 06, 2006
While I can't speak for all recruits, Im an atheist and generally went to the services to get some piece and quiet. Its about the only place in Basic the DIs can't get you! *LOL* I agree-having kids to 'perpetuate the line' as it were, in case something happens to him is BS. I have three kids, but have many CF friends and we all get along fine. I don't take my kids over to their houses unplanned or unannounced, and when they visit my wife and I split up so the kids arent in the 'adult room' upstairs. As they get older that may change, but as it is now the oldest is 6 and not quite there yet but getting there.
Anonymous User
August 06, 2006
Halen, I'm going to disagree with you when you say that very few have ever seen danger. I am proud to be child-free and am also proud to have served in the US Navy during Operation Iraqi Freedom, where our ship dodged a mine in the Persian Gulf. If you've ever been on a ship when you hear the announcement, "HARD TURN RIGHT!" out of the blue, there's nothing quite like knowing that you came THAT close to potentially becoming fish food.

Being a single female officer who is child-free, I can tell you it IS a lot tougher. When I was stationed overseas, I cannot tell you how many times I was asked for my husband's social security number when I was in the checkout line at the exchange or commissary and I had to tell them that I WAS the active duty servicemember (fortunately most cashiers do not ask this question anymore). Not to mention the fact that some of the wives did NOT like single female officers, since we worked with their husbands (as if we couldn't do better!).

Families do get a higher priority though in the gig and I saw it first-hand. When I was overseas, the last straw came during a summer hotter than hell when an announcement came out that a/c units would be available for families only. Us singletons raised a STINK (hey, it wasn't any cooler for us!) and lo and behold, someone found units for us too.

Bottom line, yes we do get benefits that civilians don't but realize that we don't take this for granted and that we have a huge responsibility to manage in return (just talk with anyone who has stood a "watch duty from hell" and not all of us become breeder-minded while serving. 'Nuff said.
BillyC
August 06, 2006
Please do not stereotype members of the armed forces as being mindless killing machines. They are not. And they are not just a bunch of poor dumb kids who had no other choices. The armed forces are an all-volunteer force that includes many people from many walks of life. The armed forces are no different than any other walk of life, there are good and bad and everything in between. Many, many people serve in the armed forces who come from well to do backgrounds and have college or graduate school educations. Many do not, but are given the opportunity to do so, and those are opportunities that many might not have under similar circumstances. It is funny that so many people who badmouth the armed forces know absolutely nothing about them, other than what some asshole talking head with a fucking agenda tells them.

The problem that many people may have is not so much with the members of the armed services. The problem is with the politicians and the way those armed forces are used.

Disagree with the war or whatever, but it is due to the men and women who serve in those forces that we are free to engage in these discussions and viewpoints and that we have the right to dissent from one another. Like it or not, they keep that freedom alive.

Showing such blatant disrespect for a job that you are unwilling to do for yourself is kind of like voluntarily shitting where you eat. It doesn't make sense.

Flame on if you want to, but badmouthing the armed forces for the way politicians use them is kind of like badmouthing the cops when they are there to enforce the law.
Anonymous User
August 06, 2006
Hey Billy C! Thanks and amen! I appreciate it!
August 06, 2006
A coworker got married almost a year ago and is prego. Her husband is in the military and lives out of state. Why the hell would she get preggo 1) So fast and 2) with a husband out of state. They didn't even get a chance to live together as husband and wife in the same state. Oh well!
August 06, 2006
BillyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please do not stereotype members of the armed
> forces as being mindless killing machines. They
> are not. And they are not just a bunch of poor
> dumb kids who had no other choices. The armed
> forces are an all-volunteer force that includes
> many people from many walks of life. The armed
> forces are no different than any other walk of
> life, there are good and bad and everything in
> between. Many, many people serve in the armed
> forces who come from well to do backgrounds and
> have college or graduate school educations. Many
> do not, but are given the opportunity to do so,
> and those are opportunities that many might not
> have under similar circumstances. It is funny
> that so many people who badmouth the armed forces
> know absolutely nothing about them, other than
> what some asshole talking head with a fucking
> agenda tells them.
> The problem that many people may have is not so
> much with the members of the armed services. The
> problem is with the politicians and the way those
> armed forces are used.
>
> Disagree with the war or whatever, but it is due
> to the men and women who serve in those forces
> that we are free to engage in these discussions
> and viewpoints and that we have the right to
> dissent from one another. Like it or not, they
> keep that freedom alive.
>
> Showing such blatant disrespect for a job that you
> are unwilling to do for yourself is kind of like
> voluntarily shitting where you eat. It doesn't
> make sense.
>
> Flame on if you want to, but badmouthing the armed
> forces for the way politicians use them is kind of
> like badmouthing the cops when they are there to
> enforce the law.

Thank you BillyC. You are very brave for stating the very facts. I back what you said 100%. I've had family members serve in several branches of the U.S. Military, and ever since the footmen. We have the best military in the world. My older brother, who was in the Air Force, is highly intelligent. As with my younger brother, currently in the Marines. He too, is smart.
August 06, 2006
RESPONSIBLE ADULT Wrote:
> Hey Billy C! Thanks and amen! I appreciate it!

Responsible Adult, thank you for your service time, I appreciate it. You are a very strong and brave soul. Thank you for defending our freedom. winking smiley smiling smiley Take care.
Nour
August 07, 2006
The poster said that she/he thought the brother and wife were CF ... well, I know that being in the middle of basic training can be tough. It is possible that he could be reacting to that and once he is out of basic and can think more clearly, he will feel differently. Who knows.
August 07, 2006
Yes, I definitely agree that us non-military people have no real idea what the members of the armed services deal with in situations and conditions where most of us would not survive. I may not always agree with the wars but I support our military men and women who are doing a job that I know I would not survive in for longer than five minutes. If I offended anyone with my posts, I do sincerely apologize.
August 07, 2006
as a foreigner, british guy, i notice things that others dont or wont see, a lot of the people if you have read my posts are decent people, but some only expect no harm no foul kind of war.

they want basically a comfortable war, like sheehan, she objected her son being sent to iraq, and getting killed, but sorry, thats occupational hazard if you join the army.

and before you say it, i know about danger, i do i nearly got blown up twice by the IRA and sinn fein. once in manchester and onces in warrington, i had a feeling i shouldnt go and i didnt. but i had planned it.. for that very day.

there are some good decent army/navy/airforce i read once an army/ platoon is the highest iq divided by the number of people..

the army here has been part of my families life, they expected to serve and to die if necessary to defend the country, but some of the newer recruits object to even going out to fight.

thats the real problem, the ones who think the army is an easy job, and safe, when it is a dangerous job, with risks, but to expect the governments to pay these people, and then complian if they get out to fight and maybe die.. they are the short sighted ones..

the brits also have one of the best armies/navies/airforces in the world, theres army bases all over here, st helens lost hundreds of men, in 2nd world war, and first, entire streets went off to fight and died, to protect this country. they accepted the risks.

i quote me in from my prior post and i only really know british soldiers, so you see i wasnt having a go at all people.. if you thought i was having a go please re read it ok..

**i could say the army isnt building angels, but killers, so you should expect them to be bad people.. but that would be a lie, i have known some decent army people but admittedly they are the UK soldiers..

what gets me is these people who joined the army, then complain coz they have to kill someone.. or risk getting shot at.. look no one forced you to join up, you chose it, and you expect them to pay you for sitting on your arse all day, rather than actually defending the country of your choice, **

http://www.cwgc.org/ the commonwealth graves commision, 1.7 million people from the commonwealth died in both wars. and they gave their lives, and took the risks, to give everyone a freedom.

the british and the commonwealth, had to stand alone, against the hoards of evil, first and foremost. and we didnt expect an easy war like some of the modern ones do. i had an uncle who was captured and put into a japanese prison of war camp, i had other uncles, i lost family in the pogroms, i had other members fight for their country, and they didnt expect to live, they wanted freedom that bad. to risk one life for million, they understood that was an acceptable risk.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
August 07, 2006
Let me start by saying that I love the Marine Corp. I lived and worked in 29 Palms, California for years. Marines were my lovers, my roommates and my friends. Also there are a LOT of gay Marines serving, both male and female. The military is WAY to family friendly! IMHO, the only ones who should be allowed to marry are Officers and NCO's. My ex BF was an MP(police USMC) and the majority of the trouble came from spouses (aka dependents.) They would lose their minds and starting fucking like bunnies as soon as hubby deployed. And the health care cost of the dependents? Too high! The military is for killing people. PERIOD. It is NOT or should not be for famblees. I never had any female friends that were dependents. I was single and therefore a threat to them. Most of them were dumber then dirt anyway.:kill
August 10, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
> Yes, I definitely agree that us non-military
> people have no real idea what the members of the
> armed services deal with in situations and
> conditions where most of us would not survive. I
> may not always agree with the wars but I support
> our military men and women who are doing a job
> that I know I would not survive in for longer than
> five minutes. If I offended anyone with my posts,
> I do sincerely apologize.

You're forgiven.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.