Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Simone must die" from Flotsam

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
"Simone must die" from Flotsam
March 30, 2011
Which one of you savages emailed that to her?

If you can slog through her bloated prose, you might uncover that she's pissed that people are picking on Frankenloaf, and tries to drum up pity by describing her own unpopularity in high school. (Who the fuck had an easy time in high school? Raise your hands, both of you.)

Only you will just have to trust me as to what information is necessary to that understanding, because I won’t be posting the rest of the email. I’ll tell you about it, but without quotes. If my emailer wants the rest of his words public, he is going to have to pay for his own damn hosting space, or visit one of the many public forums where people can (and do!) mock children. (HINT: This is not one of them.)

Ahh, you love us. Give us a big sloppy kiss, you tease.
Re: "Simone must die" from Flotsam
March 30, 2011
I actually found that to be a relatively reasoned article, compared to much of what is said on the internet. I don't agree with her conclusions, however--I think that as a parent of a young child she has more of a responsibility to protect her child's privacy. Not because posting about her may lead to mocking--most of us will experience that at some point, many of us for years and years--but because every individual should have the right to decide which parts of their life story they want to share.

Before the advent of the internet it was different if your parents told anecdotes about you to the neighbors. If you really wanted to escape your past, you could, as an adult, move away and never return. But now that this material is online and archived, parents are no longer sharing with just the local village, but with anyone in the world who accesses the material. We don't even know yet what the social implications of this will be for adults, although there are articles pondering what will happen, in ten years, when today's teenagers posting drunken photos on Facebook are trying to secure employment. (Maybe society will change to accept these things, maybe not, but that's a side issue.) Because we don't know what it will mean it is unfair to make these decisions for someone you are responsible for. I suppose most parents (the sort who end up on STFU parents) aren't even considering this, so in that sense, Flotsam is more thoughtful about her decision. But I don't think that her concerns about bullying should form the basis for her choice. Privacy has a fundamental value, irrespective of what can be done with the information which has been released, and I don't see any recognition of that in her post.

I don't really see the point in sending her a letter like that; it's trolling, which I find pointless. I have my opinions about the ethics of creating frankenbabies, or creating any babies at all, given world overpopulation, but I don't really see the point in informing parents of these views unless they ask for them (like the hot gooey love mawm did). It's not as if they're going to see the light and stop breeding. Complaining about them here is another matter--parents don't see what is said unless they seek it out (which is basically a form of asking to hear my opinions). It's pretty stupid to go looking for things which insult you (either personally or based on your core beliefs), unless you want to feel some outrage.

Miss H, my high school years sucked and I was glad to escape to college, so I won't be sticking up my hand. I was not even remotely popular in high school.

I'm not really sure what that tangent had to do with the main thrust of her post, however, except that I am now picturing her, in giant platforms and fake lashes and sequins glued about her eyes, sliding into a seat next to a girl wearing suspenders and a bowler hat, trying to be friendly. "Would you like a bit of my cupcake?" Platform Shoes asks. "Get away from me!" Bowler Hat responds. Platform Shoes thinks that Bowler Hat has been so tormented that she can no longer accept simple kindness, but in reality Bowler Hat thinks she is supersexycool and is merely afraid of the gluten in the cupcake.

One thing I have no intention of ever posting about is what I wore in high school.
March 31, 2011

he is going to have to pay for his own damn hosting space, or visit one of the many public forums where people can (and do!) mock children.

Alexa is being her usual disingenuous self and suggesting this comment came from someone here. Expect 134,789 angry Moos to arrive shortly, just as she planned.

It's so provocative to say we mock childrun, when most of the time we are mocking their stupid parunts. Parunts who have no life outside their kyds. Moothers who post every boring detail about their kyds. Moothers like GFG who used to have a food blog, but now have a Mommy 'n Me blog with recipes because she's incapable of writing a paragraph without reminding us her reproductive organs worked and she's a superior person because of it.

Mothers like Alexa who were so baby-crazy that they HAD. TO. HAVE. FERTILITY. TREATMENTS. even when her partner wasn't interested in fertility treatments and they were on the verge of splitting up every six months. (And still remain thus.) Or mothers who are supposedly happy with their choices, but can't stand this place exists and who encourage their Moo-friends to bomb this page. Or mothers who can't stop being offended because we don't kiss the posterior of every parunt who deigns to grace us with his or her presence.
Anonymous User
March 31, 2011
Yurble, I agree with everything you said. The letter was pointless and not necessary but bloggers need to consider that there could be millions+ reading every word they say and they need to protect their children. Believe it or not, people do not need to hear about your children all the time. The world really will keep spinning.
April 01, 2011
As much time as I have spent here, I can't picture any of the regulars on this board emailing her something that trite and boring. winking smiley
April 01, 2011
I cannot imagine one of us wasting our time emailing that to her. Why waste time emailing moos when we can be out and about, enjoying our CF lives? grinning smiley
April 01, 2011
:Violin. You're a blogger, you get those kinds of comments, you delete them. Done. It appears this flotsam has long had a thing for attention of any kind. The weird clothes got her noticed, if negatively, and now the mean commenter brings her attention because she had to make a drama of it.
April 01, 2011
Peace
I cannot imagine one of us wasting our time emailing that to her. Why waste time emailing moos when we can be out and about, enjoying our CF lives? grinning smiley

Exactly. I don't even look at moo blogs unless someone here brings up an entry that caught their attention.

I slogged through the screed linked in the OP, and, although I agree with yurble about it being relatively reasoned, it ultimately comes across like a long-winded justification of exploiting her child's privacy. Did she really start the blog from day one thinking she'd be the "Polo!" to some anonymous fellow parent's "Marco!"? Are we really to believe it was even that well though out and selfless?

IIRC, she didn't even quote the e-mail beyond a screencap of the title and a wee bit of paraphrasing. We don't actually know what was in that message or if she's exaggerating. She just expects the audience to believe her at face value by giving them a sob story (and not even a particularly detailed one at that).

If the message really was that creepy, keep a copy of it in case the person in question harasses you further and leave it at that for now. At this point, it sounds like it's probably some obnoxious jerk trying to rile her up. It's likely a troll, and, even just by mentioning it, she's not just feeding it, she's gorging it.

bell_flower
Alexa is being her usual disingenuous self and suggesting this comment came from someone here.

I figured that's what she was implying. Let's hope that at this point her followers think they're too good to grace our presence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I treat my body as a temple, Laverne. You have chosen to treat yours as an amusement park."
April 02, 2011
Smiling_Varla
Peace

Exactly. I don't even look at moo blogs unless someone here brings up an entry that caught their attention.

I slogged through the screed linked in the OP, and, although I agree with yurble about it being relatively reasoned, it ultimately comes across like a long-winded justification of exploiting her child's privacy. Did she really start the blog from day one thinking she'd be the "Polo!" to some anonymous fellow parent's "Marco!"? Are we really to believe it was even that well though out and selfless?

And I agree with you about it being long-winded and ultimately a justification for exploitation of her child smiling smiley The fact that she is aware of the existence of the arguments she is dismisses are what gives it a greater semblance of reason than most bloggers have. It's hard to imagine GFG, for instance, showing even this level of awareness of the world around her. But it's still pure drudgery to read it.
April 02, 2011
If someone IS writing to her saying they are from bratfree, they are trolls who are trying to make this site look bad AS IF WE NEED HELP WITH THAT.

It says right in the rules that this site does not condone trolling other sites "on behalf" of bratfree. So even if someone from here DID do it, I as the owner discourage that but have no control over it and take no responsibility for it. People can be traced by their IP addresses if they make any serious threats anyway.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
April 02, 2011
I was being facetious suggesting that any of us would be enough of a knuckle-dragging mouth-breather to actually post a message like that. But we're just realistic evil people who hate shitty parents children, so we're just as culpable in our failure to worship her walking DNA disaster.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login