Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1751 McCartney divorce

Posted by CFScorpio 
CFScorpio
1751 McCartney divorce
August 08, 2006
The article I read this morning had a quote from Paul McCartney denying that Heather Mills was after his money. He said stories about her being a gold-digger are absolutely untrue.

I don't know what went wrong between them, but it wasn't over money.
Re: 1751 McCartney divorce
August 08, 2006
that was before the divorce became nasty wink.. just recently

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 08, 2006
People always say "it was not about money" until the divorce becomes nasty. If it was not about money, Paul McCartney would not have frozen the accounts or changed the locks. Actions speak louder than words...
August 08, 2006
I hate that gold-digging skank Heather. That is all.
BillyC
August 08, 2006
Another situation where matrimony is spelled "matter-o-money".
August 09, 2006
Most marriages are based on money. I can see why most men do not want to marry since they do fear that they are nothing more than a walking wallet for a wife. I have a friend, whose wife treats him badly. The wife will only give my friend a compliment once or twice a week when she wants something. His self-worth is beat so badly that he will take that veiled "compliment". He also is willing to martyr himself to this overseas gold-digger who cares nothing for him.
August 09, 2006
Apparently, Heather Mills McCartney has hired Princess Di's divorce lawyer so the marriage was all about money. Women try to hide their gold-digging until the marital union goes belly-up. Wealthy men should pay for it rather than marry. It is cheaper in the long run and less painful. A lot of young honeys are willing to be arm candy for a rich man for a few dollars a night.
CFScorpio
August 09, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
A lot of young honeys are willing to be
> arm candy for a rich man for a few dollars a
> night.

Well, it goes both ways. Old dried-up perverts trying to suck the life out of pretty young girls with toned bodies. I don't feel sorry for the men: they could marry average-looking women their own age if they wanted to, but they don't. You reap what you sow.

August 09, 2006
I do agree on that one, CFScorpio, my friend! I cannot feel too sorry for a mega-millionaire who prefers women young enough to be his own kid much less a woman his age who can be an equal...though I always preferred older people.
CFADinNYC
August 09, 2006
I think Paul still loves and misses Linda. Heather can't take that so she's leaving. Changing the locks and freezing accounts does say a lot. I am sure they will settle this out of court for a lot of momney to make her go away quietly.
CFScorpio
August 09, 2006
CFADinNYC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think Paul still loves and misses Linda.
> Heather can't take that so she's leaving.
> Changing the locks and freezing accounts does say
> a lot. I am sure they will settle this out of
> court for a lot of momney to make her go away
> quietly.

I did read that he made some kind of official complaint about her taking 3 jugs of cleaning fluid. How petty is that?
CFADinNYC
August 09, 2006
The fact that she can't buy her own cleaning fluid or that he complained?
sprogless
August 09, 2006
I predict that Heather will write a tell- all book when this is over. She won't go away quietly, and will try to squeeze whatever she can out of this.
August 09, 2006
From what I've heard, Paul has hired Charles' divorce lawyer as well, so there's that. And he had to freeze their account after Heather withdrew around 1million pounds in a week. I don't feel sorry for either of them. They'll both end up rich in the end, and the fight is just the publicity they need to stay in the limelight and keep making money.
CFScorpio
August 09, 2006
CFADinNYC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fact that she can't buy her own cleaning fluid
> or that he complained?

Oh, for god's sake...maybe she was cleaning at night and the stores were closed. He can certainly afford it more than her.

CFADinNYC
August 09, 2006
I really can't imagine her cleaning. Petty either way.
August 09, 2006
I also see the other side of how the young women are not always "victims" of the older men if there is money involved. A lot of young girls seek out wealthy guys even if they are old enough to be their dads...but the men ought to know better as well. The cleaning fluid thing is funny. It just goes to show how petty divorces often can be. I doubt Heather was doing any "cleaning" but trying to make a nuisance of herself.
August 09, 2006
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,172-2304731,00.html

On Monday, Lady McCartney, 38, was locked out of their £7 million home in St John’s Wood, North London, with their two-year-old daughter, Beatrice. The event was recorded by a conveniently positioned newspaper photographer, prompting the accusation from the McCartney camp that his wife had stage-managed it to generate sympathy. It had been widely reported that Sir Paul had changed the locks on the three-storey Regency house that has been his home for almost 40 years.

When Lady McCartney could not get in, having claimed it was a pre-arranged visit, one of her security guards attempted to scale the garden wall. Police were called by Sir Paul’s staff and four officers arrived in a patrol car.

A friend of the former Beatle said: “It’s a bit odd that there were photographers there to capture the thing

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Grace
August 09, 2006
Of course it's about money. Why else would a young, beautiful woman marry an old man? Okay, he may be a very nice man, but if Paul were a low paid janitor, would Heather have married him? No way. Paul was stupid for not demanding a pre-nup.
sprogless
August 09, 2006
They didn't have a pre- nup?! Then he gets what he gets for being stupid!
August 10, 2006
in the uk we dont have prenups, its not what we do here, if you ask for a prenup people lawyers will look at you as if your nuts.

prenups are just not done here.. rightly or wrongly

August 10, 2006
I feel a pre-nup is the best thing. I hate to say it but most women will not work if they marry a man of "means"...even if the ladies have a profession. They have the mentality of what the guy has is 'ours' and what the women have belongs solely to them. Marriage is a contract like any other that can be broken at will. It is wise for a person of any gender to protect one's assets. Paul was dumb to think the woman loved him for him!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.