Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cojoined twins

Posted by Feh 
cojoined twins
August 09, 2006
Fine, seperate the kids, whatever. Mutative oddities should be remade into more "perfect" humans beacuse we know being different is the worst thing that could happen to anyone in this world. Straighten the teeth, correct the vision, make those claws into hands, install robotic legs, shave the hair, all one! ALL ONE! But enough ranting on how society doesn't accept anyone who is too different.
My only question is, why did they wait until the kids were four? Why didn't they do this when they were younger and wouldn't remember as well, if at all?

Re: cojoined twins
August 09, 2006
Oh yeah, another thing, would any of you try to have more kids after having cojoined twins? I certianly wouldn't.
Grace
August 09, 2006
Why on why, with today's prenatal technology, are things like this not screened for so that conjoined twins can be terminated before they are born? I would not want to be a conjoined twin or a former conjoined twin for that matter. While my family and friends may treat me as a normal person, the rest of the world would not. That's just a fact; it's a fact that Darwin figured out ages ago. Why do parents insist upon bringing such children into this world?
sprogless
August 09, 2006
Probably because they want the attention for themselves. Also, they'll get Medicaid automatically, and probably some kind of disability. I feel so sorry for children born with defects such as this. They have to live with it their whole lives. And, no, the parents aren't martyrs for the sacrifices of caring for a child with special needs. They're selfish assholes for bringing then into the world at all.
Anonymous User
August 09, 2006
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh yeah, another thing, would any of you try to
> have more kids after having cojoined twins? I
> certianly wouldn't.
>

That'd kill it for me, too.
Anonymous User
August 10, 2006
I don't know if any of you saw the program on TLC or the link I posted [http://www.somethingawful.com/index.php?a=3995] about the girl born "without a face". I'm sorry to be a jerk, but it seriously grossed me out -- and it also makes me sad that she's mentally normal. Her mom still says that she wouldn't have aborted if she'd known because the kid's a blessing from God.
August 10, 2006
does it seem to you that theres more of these major birth defects occuring.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
August 10, 2006
Definitely, there really does seem to be a huge jump in mental & physical abnormalities... Parents try to say that the mental problems are their kids "evolving" into enlightened supreme beings or whatever. But the 3-eyed & 2-faced cats, 8-legged chickens and mermaid-tailed cows [ALL true occurences, by the way] are making me think it's just tainted water, chemicals, pollution and all of that stuff catching up with us.
August 10, 2006
or that we screwed with nature for so long nature is getting its revenge

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
August 10, 2006
That's a scary thought, isn't it? What do you think'll be next? Maybe a kid being born inside out? Or maybe conjoined twins who are back-to-back instead of connected at the sides?

Do you think the parents will still call them miracles?
Sherz
Re: conjoined twins
August 10, 2006
I just wonder how many of these anomolies spend their lives wishing they were never born. Their parents can build up their self-esteem only so far at home. Once these kids are thrust upon the general population the teasing begins. Life is dificult, even when you are attractive. I can't imagine not having a face, or having a malformed twin attached to the side of my head, and trying to find a job or a mate.
Anonymous User
August 10, 2006
Stephanie Wrote:
> I don't know if any of you saw the program on TLC
> or the link I posted about the girl born "without
> a face".

That kid's grandmoo works at my office & is friends w/ my manager. So, I saw the newborn pics of her that the parunts took. I wasn't prepared for those pics! She did have a face sort of, but there was no bone structure underneath so her features were just all squished to the lower right.

And you know what my boss said? A g-moo herself, she says so serious and tearfully, "Oh, she (the mom) will never be able to walk her baby outside & show her off to people."

If that doesn't say it all, I don't know what does.
August 10, 2006
http://www.pcrm.org/resch/humres/birthdefects.html

Approximately 150,000 babies are born each year with birth defects.
Approximately 3% of all children born in the U.S. have a major malformation at birth. Many more show problems of developmental origin with time, e.g., 6-7% by 1 year of age and 12-14% by school age.
Birth defects, including low birth weight babies, are the leading cause of infant mortality.
About 10% of problems seen at birth can be traced to a specific agent (environmental agent, drug, biologic, or nutritional factor). About 20% are inherited or are associated with chromosomal changes. The rest (about 70%) are of unknown etiology although a 1991 report from the General Accounting Office found that a majority of experts believe that a quarter or more of birth defects will be found to have been environmentally induced.
The medical costs of care for children with disabilities resulting from birth defects have been estimated to exceed $1.4 billion annually.
While some types of birth defects have decreased, mainly through preventive methods, many have increased. According to a CDC study of 38 types of birth defects occurring over the period 1979-89, 27 had increased, including several cardiac defects, chromosomal defects such as trisomy 18, and fetal alcohol syndrome; 9 had remained the same; and only 2 had decreased.

Low Birth Weight Babies
The risk factors for low birth weight (LBW) babies are poor maternal nutrition, teenage pregnancy, premature birth, drug and alcohol use, smoking, and the presence of sexually transmitted diseases.
If all women began prenatal care in the first trimester of pregnancy, the number of LBW babies would be reduced by an estimated 12,600 per year.
LBW is associated with a significant risk of cerebral palsy, mental retardation, retinopathy or prematurity, bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), cerebral hemorrhage, deafness, autism, and epilepsy.
The U.S. was ranked worse than 30 other countries in the percentage of babies born of LBW from 1980-88.
The high percentage of babies born of LBW in the U.S. is an indicator of the ineffectiveness of our health care system to identify and treat women who are at high risk.
Hospital-related costs for LBW infants in 1990 totaled over $2 billion, at an average of $21,000 per infant. This made up 57% of the total cost for all newborns.

August 10, 2006
http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,10902,page=2

this site is interesting.. wont affect us.. just gives more ammo

warning some drawings on site

August 10, 2006
I think at times, people need to stop being pro-life, and be pro-choice. Enough is enough.

Co-joined tiwns are always the identical twins, the fertilized cell split into two. They share the same sack, unlike faternal twins, where two, seperate eggs were fertilized, and they each have their own sack.

If a woman was to be pregnant with identical twins, (sharing the same sack) she is at risk for co-joined tiwns, and that in itself, would be raising red flags...

lab mom
Anonymous User
August 11, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
> Approximately 150,000 babies are born each year
> with birth defects. Approximately 3% of all children born in the U.S.
> have a major malformation at birth.

I wonder what will kill us first, that or global warming. It's a tight race.
Anonymous User
August 11, 2006
WaterLily Wrote:
> If a woman was to be pregnant with identical
> twins, (sharing the same sack) she is at risk for
> co-joined tiwns, and that in itself, would be
> raising red flags...

I saw a show on Discovery Health last night where a moo had 2 sets of identical twins at the same time.

I don't know if she took fertility drugs but she would've had to...there's got to be a 1 in a billion chance of that happening without drugs. I think people like her & all these multiple births happening lately should be considered anomalies, too. But instead they're seen as miracles & worshipped. It's a miracle allright...a miracle from Upjohn, or Pfizer!!!

Sometimes I wonder if all these kids of multiple drug-induced litters
will end up with fertility problems or some other mutations later in life.
August 11, 2006
Iv67, she was probaly on clomid, a ovary-egg stimulating drug.

lab mom
August 11, 2006
Mutants all around - that's what I predict. I'm sick of breeders messing with nature.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.