Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Meerkats

Posted by Feh 
Meerkats
August 09, 2006
They should hang a sign to inform the public "The Meerkat exhibit is closed. We were forced to kill the Meerkats becuase a child, who was old enough to know better, stuck her hand over the barrier and got bitten. Feel free to call xxx-xxxx for more information" and post the family's phone number.
CFScorpio
Re: Meerkats
August 09, 2006
" A small boy in a stroller wailed as his mother told him the creatures were away on vacation."

Aren't breeders great? They lie to their children in order to protect other breeders.
angry guest
August 09, 2006
This is one of the saddest things I've heard of in a really long time. I would also argue that it's yet another reason not to support zoos. I realize that there are some potential benefits of zoos. Some have pretty effective recovery programs for endangered species. Some house animals who have been injured and are no longer capable of surviving in the wild. And maybe, just maybe some people actually learn about and gain respect for our furred and feathered friends through observing them first-hand, and maybe that could eventually result in benefits to the species, BUT... let's not forget that animals kept in zoos have not choice in the matter. They are held captive in what is equivalent to a human jail. They are at zookeepers' mercy (and maybe in some, or many, cases, they're "treated well", but they're still NOT FREE). They have no choice of what they eat, what their environment looks like, who their roommates are, whether or not, and with whom, they get to have sex... Would any of us be happy about living that way?

I'm anti-zoo, despite my recognition that there may be some good aspects of the institutions... And just think of all the zoo-sprog fiascos we read about in the news... The non-human animals ALWAYS lose. I don't go to zoos because I don't want to support them. If you don't like zoos, I'd suggest you don't give them your money.
sprogless
August 09, 2006
I don't have anything against zoos, but I surely hate the idiots that take their stupid kids there, and don't watch them! I'd have much rather heard that they euthanized the 9 year olds entire family, instead. Clearly they're too stupid to live.
Grace
August 09, 2006
I'm an attorney, and once a couple of breeders asked me to sue the owner of a petting zoo because their young son stuck his finger in a rabbit's water bowl (against the rules) and the rabbit bit his finger. I said no way would I represent them. What greedy idiots!!!
Denise
August 09, 2006
The fucking little bitch and her moo should be euthanised. Those poor Meerkats died cos moo didn't want her pwecious little shit to have a few minutes of pain with shots. Yah, wot a tradeoff, you selfish moo cunt.

And of course they had to say how fucking sad another shitling was cos it's always ALLLLL ABOUT DA CHYLDRUUUUUUN.

angry flipping off moos and brats

August 09, 2006
Yeah, everyone! Do you think that little bitch could get put to sleep if she bites anyone? Damn, I wish!
Anonymous User
August 09, 2006
Meerkats are adorable. Children are not.

I, too, hope that the family of this loingoblin receives incessant amounts of shit from others who prefer animals to children, or at least feel the same way most users of this board do. It's disgusting that parents don't pay attention/teach their children the beauty of "THAT IS NOT YOURS, DON'T FUCK WITH IT, STUPID", while simultaneously teaching them that they can have anything they want.

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. (Snowflakes don't crap themselves in public, bother me during dinner, or stick their germy little hands in places they aren't supposed to.)
Anonymous User
August 10, 2006
Not to mention that going through the pain of the shots would have taught the kid a lesson, and she'd know better than to do it again.
Sherz
August 10, 2006
Feh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They should hang a sign to inform the public "The
> Meerkat exhibit is closed. We were forced to kill
> the Meerkats becuase a child, who was old enough
> to know better, stuck her hand over the barrier
> and got bitten. Feel free to call xxx-xxxx for
> more information" and post the family's phone
> number.
>

I totally agree with this. But, no, they couldn't post anything that might upset the breeders and their shit monkeys. Wish that kid went to my school. I'd somehow let the other students know he was responsible for the death of an adorable meerkat family. Soon he would be the elementary school version of Charles Manson.

Oh, SaltForYourWounds, "Loingoblin"--love it!

August 10, 2006
They should of let the meerkats bite the rest of the family. Obviously they shouldn't be alive.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.