Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"All Mothers Are Working Women!" (and it would cost 200k a year to replace them):rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
trekkie monster
Do people who have cats, go around saying, that they should get paid as full-time pet sitters?
I have yet to meet a dog owner, whinging that they should be paid the same amount as dog walkers.
When I was replanting my green subpets, I suppose I should be demanding that someone pay me the rate that gardeners currently charge.
Does that mean that I'm a mechanic, every time I fix my bike?
Where's my paycheck?

That's my feeling too. We ALL do things at, on, or around our own homes and/or for our own famblees and don't expect to be reimbursed. eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
trekkie monster
Do people who have cats, go around saying, that they should get paid as full-time pet sitters?
I have yet to meet a dog owner, whinging that they should be paid the same amount as dog walkers.
When I was replanting my green subpets, I suppose I should be demanding that someone pay me the rate that gardeners currently charge.
Where's my paycheck?

that's the point-no person wears one hat. even retards are experts in at least a couple of things. i think these moos who sit there coming up with these convoluted pay grades are having feelings of inadequacy. they are probably in the same bunch who get nasty and defensive if someone says "i don't want kids".
zatoth
trekkie monster
Where's my paycheck?

that's the point-no person wears one hat. even retards are experts in at least a couple of things. i think these moos who sit there coming up with these convoluted pay grades are having feelings of inadequacy. they are probably in the same bunch who get nasty and defensive if someone says "i don't want kids".

Humans have had this little thing called "specialization of tasks" since as earlly as we stopped roaming with the game animals and starting working in agriculture.

I wholeheartedly encourage any person, currently staying at home doing housework, who honestly feels like his/her skillset is comparable to any of the professions totaling $200K, to go out and earn their keep in a free marketplace. I think the notion that doing housework is comparable to that of a nurse or computer technician or CEO is ridiculous, but if they honestly possess that skillset, God bless 'em. Something tells me that if you have the skillset to be a CEO, you'd be doing it or at least darn close to that position.

What really scares me is the outcry to create "pay" via taxation for SAHM's or SAHD's, much like some of the European countries have in terms of maternity leave/pay and paternity leave/pay. This is where the single folks and childfree folks need to stand up and say NO, we are not standing for further redistribution of our wealth.

In addition, recent calculations of what it would cost to replace ALL the work and jobs a mother performs (carpooling, cleaning, cooking, organizing, scheduling, and so on) comes to more than $200,000.

As has been said on here several times already, complete and utter :BS Yes, it's very easy jump onto salary.com and enter mere verbs into the search bar that represent what you may do from time to time, and give yourself the high-end salary. You can make your total perceived "worth" as high as you would like. But let's break down the "jobs a mother performs" as described by this Moomie:

Carpooling: It's only as bad/strenuous as you make it. No matter what you think your precious snowflakes are NOT above riding the cheese to get to school; you ALWAYS have that option and it's FREE. And if you're one of those moos that's delusional enough to think that your children are so talented that each of them is enrolled in 10 different activities, the carpooling is just a consequence of your own stupidity.

Cleaning: Randomly spraying a bottle of Lysol and maybe doing a load of laundry once in a while does not really constitute a "job." I'm no neat freak myself (far from it, really), but it seems to me that unless the Moomie is a certifiable germophobe, the amount of dust, germs, slime, and clutter in their homes would put me to shame.

Cooking: Because that's what top chefs do - pull a couple Hot Pockets and Kid Cuisines from the freezer, pop them into the microwave and call it a home-cooked meal. In the words of Ragu, "Feed our kids well." You keep doing that, you bizzy mawms, you!

Organizing: We can barely pay the rent/mortgage and electricity, but I need a new iPhone and computer NOW! If I wasn't uploading photos and hanging out with my Facebook friends 24/7, I'd be completely lost!

Scheduling: Because it's a smart idea to feed your kyds' "talents" by signing them up for aforementioned 10 activities, and then bitch about being overwhelmed after the fact. Also I see that Moomies are so on top of their scheduling that the only time they can find to do the grocery shopping is on the weekends, with duh and all kyds in tow. Guess getting it done on a weekday during school hours is not feasible.

And so on: Yep, I know Moomies like to pretend to be doctors, nurses, counselors, teachers, and the like. You know, all those professions that actually require LICENSES! Very few, if any, mawms posess all of said licenses.

/rant
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login