Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1763

Posted by mercurior 
Entry 1763
August 13, 2006
whats the quailty of life that bag of protoplasm has.

people think they are beyond nature, they say we can save these.. and we can, but the question is should we.. not can we. nature knows that sometimes death is needed to weed out the bad genes, this bag of protoplasm, has caused the suffering of 2 adults, and others,

it may not be PC, but i would say the same thing an have done..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
Re: Entry 1763
August 13, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> whats the quailty of life that bag of protoplasm
> has.

Probably NONE. I hate it that medical resources are so often wasted to save loaves like this, when there are those who COULD have a decent quality of life, but cannot get the care that they need.

I know a woman who developed a serious back problem. The pain got so bad that she could no longer work. She had to go on public assistance.

She learned about a surgical procedure that could fix the problem. The only problem was that she had no money, and no health insurance except for Medicaid. And Medicaid would NOT cover the surgery at first.

Now, WHY do these vegetative loaves get so much paid for to be kept alive, even though there is not a snowball's chance in hell that said loaf will grow up and live a productive, TAX-PAYING life? Yet people like my friend, who WAS a working, tax-paying and otherwise productive citizen, are denied? Wouldn't it make more sense to put money and other resources for people like her, to help them get back into the working world and get their good quality of life back?

She finally did get her surgery, but she had to suffer for over five long years before it happened. All the while living off of welfare.

And then there is the cruelty of keeping a loaf like this one alive, but non-functioning. I would not want to live like that. If I ever got into such a state where I was 100% helpless and mindless, with little to no chance for recovery, I'd want the plug pulled. I would not want anyone to waste money and resources trying to keep me alive. Pull the plug, take out any of my innards that might be useful to save another life, and that's that.

These breeders are selfish beyond measure.
DrDanCorelli
August 13, 2006
There is a distinct downside to the advances in health care according to many medical historians, and that is the negative effects that such improvements in technology have upon the natural order of things. There is a reason why nature weeds out those that cannot survive, and that is to allow successful traits and patterns to be replicated and improved upon in time.

Somehow, this idea is lost upon modern generations. Yes, we have done a good job of saving lives that would have been lost in the past. In the process, however, we forgot that the quality of life that some of these patients have is awful. When every day becomes a struggle to the point of mental, physical and spiritual exhaustion, why are we going to such extremes to save? This is a more esoteric conversation that I would like to delve into on this forum, but at some point society is going to have to come to terms with the fact that medical resources are not infinite and neither is the money to pay for it.
August 13, 2006
Once again, it's a couple of retards who figure that life always trumps the quality of life. Who cares if the kid will be as worthless as a microphone to a mute, just as long as it's alive, right? Even though it had a low birth weight, is riddled with birth defects, and needs an oxygen machine to breathe normally, it should still be kept alive. Fucking humans make me sick sometimes. Would these people not have known about these birth defects while the kid was still in utero from examinations? Why would they not abort if they did know? Did they figure "Oh we'll make it because God never gives his children anything they can't handle and he'll help us"?

I wouldn't help fund the stupidity and selfishness of these two assholes. I'd send them a plastic bag and tell them to dispose of their little money sucker and make their lives and everyone else's lives a little easier.
Denise
August 14, 2006
Let's tell them a form of summat they always like to tell us about pets: 'They can always breed another one. One loaf isn't much different from another.'
August 14, 2006
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4770154.stm

this is from the UK

Baby MB, who cannot be named, has spinal muscular atrophy - a genetic condition which leads to almost total paralysis - and cannot breathe unaided.

Doctors treating the 17-month-old say it is in his best interests to withdraw ventilation and to let him die.

But his family says he has a reasonable quality of life and should stay alive.

They feel he can recognise and respond to them, and that he gains enjoyment from spending time with his family.

It is a recessive genetic condition passed to a baby when both its parents carry a certain gene **

the sequel

***http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4810180.stm

She said he was responding to treatment and could wiggle his fingers and toes and followed her round the room with his eyes.

"The doctors weren't there to see it but in my eyes he did (respond) - not just because I wished it but because I saw him do it," she said.

The baby's father described how the whole family enjoyed visiting him in hospital.

"It's not like we suffer to go there - we enjoy his company as well. ***

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 14, 2006
Sounds like more crap like those right to life, got to save everything and anything that comes into the world. Even if they are suffering and cost taxpayers EVERYTHING. Assholes.

lab mom
Anonymous User
August 14, 2006
DrDanCorelli Wrote:
There is a reason why nature
> weeds out those that cannot survive, and that is
> to allow successful traits and patterns to be
> replicated and improved upon in time>

I wonder sometimes if we are slowing down our evolution due to healthcare advances. Or maybe we could actually start to devolve to where the thought of not taking a drug, using a machine, etc is unheard of and even considered dangerous.

Sounds really sci-fi but we're on that road. For example, try to get through your day without your contacts or headache meds. We're slowly weakening ourselves as a species.

> This is a more esoteric conversation that I
> would like to delve into on this forum,

Bring on the more esoteric conversation!!! smiling smiley

Mrs. Ogre
August 14, 2006
I was just talking to my colleagues about that retard kid and saying they're useless, they're a drain on their parents and society. The potential moos were scandalized. So much about freedom of speech.
August 14, 2006
i know kids are looking more pre human, sloping brows, like the caveman pictures, our generation people looked more refined.. part of the problem is doctors get money for prescribing some pills, so they are all for it.. a few years back they prescribed thamolide, (spelt wrong).. and it caused birth defects.. no arms or legs.. it was for the healh of the mothers.. but so many other problems..

CJ
August 14, 2006
Yesterday's paper had an article on a summer camp for the "cognitively disabled"--mentally retarded, to us non-pc folks. The featured person in the story was a 20-year-old woman with a rare genetic disorder that causes severe retardation, autism, AND sporadic seizures. Her mental ability is that of a 2-year-old. Yessir, that's an IQ of 10. Needless to say, she requires constant care from her parents and part-time caregiver, and will for the rest of her life.

Jeezus! WTF are people thinking, and who would want that kind of life for their sprog? What am I not understanding here? sad smiley
August 14, 2006
I have a co-worker from another department who has an adult daughter who is virtually a vegetable. The daughter had some disease as a kid that made her virtually lose control of her speech, walking, mobility, etc. The daughter is in a wheelchair and is helpless. She doesn't talk and can't do anything. The daughter broke her arm and this poor co-worker has been out working from home since the end of May to care for her!! She will be back at the end of this month! Needless to say, she only has this one daughter and is separated from her husband who I think lives with her as a roomate arrangement. This is one of the many reason why I don't want a kid! Imagine having to care for a physically-challenged or mentally-challenged child for the rest of your life? Being around a "physically and mentally capable" brat is a f***** burden! I just hate it when poeple ask "who is going to take care of you when you are older?" In a case like this, people probably had a damn kid in hopes of being taken care of and in turn will have to be some 80+ year-old poor person caring for a child like this! I always tell a breeder that nothing in this world is guaranteed!
Anonymous User
August 15, 2006
Guest Wrote:
> I have a co-worker from another department who has
> an adult daughter who is virtually a vegetable.
> The daughter had some disease as a kid that made
> her virtually lose control of her speech, walking,
> mobility, etc.>

If this was a pet we were talking about, who would even question putting it down? That's what really gets me.

> I always tell a breeder that nothing in this world
> is guaranteed!

A-fucking-men, guest!

August 15, 2006
Guest Wrote:
> I just hate it
> when poeple ask "who is going to take care of you
> when you are older?" In a case like this, people
> probably had a damn kid in hopes of being taken
> care of and in turn will have to be some 80+
> year-old poor person caring for a child like this!
> I always tell a breeder that nothing in this world
> is guaranteed!

The question should be, "Who is going to take care of your kids when YOU die?" That even extends to breeders of able-bodied/minded adult children who refuse to be financially responsible for their own lives.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.