sprogless
friends A & B
November 07, 2005
We've all been there. It's sad to lose friends to their offspring, but when people have kids, that's what happens more often than not. The spam is particularly annoying. What I've noticed, is how nasty people get when your life doesn't revolve around their kids. One of my favorites is when a childed friend calls, says she has a sitter, and shows up with the kid, anyway. Has that one happened to you, yet? It will.
Morganmad
Re: friends A & B
November 07, 2005
Not in a long time. The best way to handle it is to say, politely, of course,"I'm sorry, dear, but I don't allow anyone under the age of (pick an age) in my home and I'm afraid I just can't make any exceptions." A real friend will respect your right to do as you see fit in your own home. The rest - who cares.
KidFreeLuvnLife
November 08, 2005
I had problems similar to what you guys wrote with a few of my mindless, childed "friends." They always felt the need to shove their offspring in my face - as if they honestly think my life is missing something. Gee, could it be perhaps, they are jealous of my childfree life? No one groping at me, messing up the house, screaming, sucking the very life from my veins, getting to sleep when I want, having money to spend on what I want, etc..... One of these "friends" won't go ANYWHERE without her kids. I think they are still attached via the umbillical cord.
CF Uter
November 08, 2005
Losing friends is one of the most sad parts of CF life. Actually CF life is so cool otherwise, it might be the only sad thing about it other than the constant scrutinization we get from a Breederific society.

I used to have tons of friends. But now just a few to actually hang with. Even the PNBs are gone because every day is for the kyds w/ homework, b-day parties and activities. I make new friends but then it is more of the same sooner or later since breeders are breeding well into their forties now.

Plus, even if they are PNBs, I still can't handle their SUV driving, child seat toting, cell phone/umbilical cord chatting, scrap-booking, soccer-momming lifestyle. None of those things alone is too bad but they just turn into clones of each other after awhile. There is little adult subjects to turn to after awhile.
VLM123
November 08, 2005
Thankfully, dealing with childed friends acting stupid towards me about their brats has really never happened to me, and I hope it never will. I used to associate with one pwoman who had two kids and she always would say (regarding my not having kids), "Well, not yet," or "You'll have them someday." Der, uh, NO! What's up with the soccer mom thing anyway? I will never understand that! LOL
Anonymous User
November 11, 2005
I just try not to befriend breeders. They all seem to be rather stupid even mine. Just when you think you've gotten somewhere with them then BAM! they come with some stupid ass comment. I try to keep breeders at the acquaintice level.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.