Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Fun Question for fellow CF'ers

Posted by Faust 
Faust
A Fun Question for fellow CF'ers
August 17, 2006
This question was posted on another board, and you can guess most ppl's response. I wondered what the responses would be here:

Three people are drowning. There's an infant, a 30something man, and a 60 year old woman. But you only have time to save ONE of them! (Bear in mind that they are all equidistant from you, and no one else is around to help.)

Personally, I am torn between the elderly lady, and the man. If I save the man first, perhaps he can help me save the lady.
Mrs. Ogre
Re: A Fun Question for fellow CF'ers
August 17, 2006
Save the man, definitely. Maybe, like you said, save the woman together if you have time. The baby would only be a burden. Forget about it.
CF VTer
August 17, 2006
Yep. Man first. He assists with the woman.

Do babies even float with soggy diapers?
Eiw.
August 17, 2006
The elderly woman would be my answer...
Anonymous User
August 17, 2006
Yep- man first, then woman. The man would be stronger & quicker to assist you in helping himself, then you both could help the woman.

The infant would be my last, b/c there are less people relying on it if it dies. Besides, an infant can usually still breathe in water.
CFScorpio
August 17, 2006
Sad to say, but the baby is probably the only one I could lift! I have zero upper-arm strength and am not the world's best swimmer.
Anonymous User
August 17, 2006
Someone would have to save ME. I can't swim.

But if I could, I'd be torn between the man and the lady, as well.
anonymous guest
August 17, 2006
I would say the 60 year old lady--she'll be most likely to say that having children would be a mistake, and even if she was a retired breeder, she would be the one who would throw out the least amount of bingo's once she find's out that I'm CF. Besides, elderly women are sometimes the nicest people you'll meet (at least from my experience.)

The 30 year old man probably doesn't know any better, and probably would have baby to basically say, "Hey, look! My dick still works! This baby here is my proof!", even if that baby grows up to be the next Charles Manson. Then, he would probably start bingo'ing me to have children of my own to replace the dead baby and the old lady.

The infant is just a burden, and with the state the world is today, will only grow up to be another breeder. We already have enough babies and infants as is--we don't need another one.
August 17, 2006
it depends on who is doing the rescuing, i can swim very well, (i do everything to the best i can and i surprise people by doing it extremely well).. so woman, expect the man to hold out a little longer, then get him next and last is def the kid..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 17, 2006
The old lady. I definitely would be able to save her to safety. I'm rather petite. The man would be too heavy, and the needy baby would indeed be a burden. Besides, the old lady would be wise.

lab mom
Anonymous User
August 17, 2006
Whats wrong with you people!!!! The baby of course!!! NOT. The 60 year old lady and then the two of us can grab the 30 year old. But if he started with his crap as anom. guest said, back he'd go!!!
Anonymous User
August 18, 2006
The elderly woman would be my choice. Because she'd be lighter than the man, less trouble than the baby and she'd be the one who'd use the least amount of resources to live out the rest of her life -- while not bringing any more bodies into the world [60 IS too old for IVF...isn't it?].
August 18, 2006
Me too, man first, then maybe he could help with the woman.

Let the kid sink to the bottom to be later used as a boat anchor.
Anonymous User
August 18, 2006
LMAO, KFLV!

It's also a great way to recycle used baybees...

August 18, 2006
Another good one, KFLL!!!

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.