Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1775 Football

Posted by Faust 
Faust
1775 Football
August 17, 2006
I'd agree with the judge's decision...if they use the damned sprogs AS the football angry smiley
Re: 1775 Football
August 17, 2006
I'm going to assume the judge is a football fan, which would lead him to put a mindless sport over the welfare of two people who were disabled by teenage athletes. 'Cause, you know, football ALWAYS trumps everything else, including sentencing.
CFScorpio
August 17, 2006
Gee, I'm sure those football players are really remorseful and learned a lesson - NOT! It would have been a much better and more effective punishment if they were forced to sit out the season. For dog's sake, they DISABLED two people - who will never walk again, much less play football!
anonymous guest
August 17, 2006
I have to fully agree with what the poster said. The judge knew he was doing the wrong thing, but yet did it anyway.

Did anyone read this? One person stated that they have a chance for scholarship potential. To quote:

"Both Campbell and Howard are standout Kenton High School athletes, and their coaches and assistant principal testified at Tuesday’s hearing that the kids deserve to stay on the field. Their attorneys argued that both boys have scholarship potential, and said taking away their chance at a future that includes college would continue to send them in the wrong direction"

"To the attorneys and the courtroom in general, he added: 'Denying him an opportunity to play football and denying him an opportunity to go to college isn’t in any way going to help the victims in this case or help society.'"

These boys denied a good life and college from the victims. Sure, I do believe in giving people second chances, but not in cases like these, since the boys knew they were doing wrong in the first place.
CFBitchfromLA
August 17, 2006
That fucking idiot of a judge needs removed by the state legislature. NOW.
CFBoston
August 17, 2006
I was just going to post this, but I see someone beat me to it. This teaches so much to children doesn't it? Sure, go ahead and pull a prank that ruins two innocent lives, but the judicial system will let you off with a slap on the wrist because you play football. Not only that, but count on a full scholarship to college, even though you failed all your classes. Totally unbelievable! I hope the judge gets booted over this! IDIOT!
Mrs. Ogre
August 17, 2006
I don't know how it works in the US, but wouldn't it be great if colleges or universities denied them scholarships and they'd be treated like the criminals they are?
Matush
August 17, 2006
It's cases like these that make me wish I went to law school and became a prosecutor. I fucking hate how much leniency is given to children today. A 15 year old, who definitely knows better (Don't fucking tell me a 15 year old doesn't know it's wrong to kill people), blows the head off of some old guy minding his own business. Because he's a damn minor, he gets a slap on the wrist.

Have these punks shown any remorse for what they have done? What makes the judge think they can be rehibilitated by playing football. Why should their lives be saved when two others' have been ruined?
August 17, 2006
Matush Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's cases like these that make me wish I went to
> law school and became a prosecutor. I fucking
> hate how much leniency is given to children today.
> A 15 year old, who definitely knows better (Don't
> fucking tell me a 15 year old doesn't know it's
> wrong to kill people), blows the head off of some
> old guy minding his own business. Because he's a
> damn minor, he gets a slap on the wrist.
Yeah, me too. I'd be the most harsh prosecutor.

> Have these punks shown any remorse for what they
> have done? What makes the judge think they can be
> rehibilitated by playing football. Why should
> their lives be saved when two others' have been
> ruined?
The playing football will make them even more aggressive, and of course they are not going to learn their lesson. They're just glad their getting off easy. Dog damn judge. He better burn in hell. Sorry waste of human flesh.

lab mom
Anonymous User
August 17, 2006
Hey Everybody!

Does anyone know if there's a child-free group in that state who can organize an effort to get that judge pulled off the bench?
Anonymous User
August 17, 2006
I absolutly hate the whole jock/teamplayer/sport shit with a ever-lovin passion. This just adds right to it. Our values are so twisted in the US. I just saw on the Net today, the fucking New York Yankees are getting a 1 BILLON dollar statium!!! Housing is so expensive for so many and these shits are getting a new statium. two faces puking
CFScorpio
August 17, 2006
RESPONSIBLE ADULT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Everybody!
>
> Does anyone know if there's a child-free group in
> that state who can organize an effort to get that
> judge pulled off the bench?

I'm sure there are No Kidding! chapters in Ohio, but they are a non-political childfree social group.

August 18, 2006
Whoa, I'm a Yankees fan and had NO idea they were getting a new stadium.

lab mom
Anonymous User
August 18, 2006
there has got to be something done about that judge! I cant imagine how the families of the victims must feel...What about the victims themselves?
Its all so sad.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.