Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unf. Mother's Day.

Posted by nullipar-tay 
Re: Unf. Mother's Day.
May 07, 2011
I'm seconding/thirding the cool factor of the trailer complex. It can't have been cheap to have a crane hoist them to their resting places. I imagine that can't be in the U.S., where you need a permit to do anything.
May 07, 2011
the noodler
I'm seconding/thirding the cool factor of the trailer complex. It can't have been cheap to have a crane hoist them to their resting places. I imagine that can't be in the U.S., where you need a permit to do anything.

Easy enough to do if you live in a state like Arkansas tongue sticking out smiley (lived there, saw some amazingly crappy structures)
May 08, 2011
nokids4me, that's a fantastic site, and a great article. This --> "They had a mother who truly loved them. How can they conceptualize a mother who is the complete inverse of good motherhood? What precedent could they use to pattern your mother after? Only fictional ones. " I am forwarding this to a couple of friends of mine, too. Every year at this time, we all kind of sigh and gear up for Worshipful Mothers Day. Each of us had an abusive mother, and we are each at a 'civil' relationship with them.

Also, my husband's ex-girlfriend (and at one time a friend of mine) was textbook narcissistic personality disorder. 'Narcissists Suck' is awesome.
May 08, 2011
I'm afraid I'm going to have to ditch Facebook (and maybe the entire internet for that matter) until today is over. My FB feed is filled with nothing but Mother's Day, Mother's Day, Mother's Day. OK, I get it! Enough is enough. It seems like I've read about it for a month in advance.

Both the media and people as a whole really like to latch on to one thing and beat it to death, don't they?

Yurble, I want to know where you live because I'll be moving there shortly. tongue sticking out smiley
May 08, 2011
Yurble, Cherry Ice, I haven't even logged in and I don't plan to. I'll skip the Mega Moo Glurge day, thanks.

Edited to add: thanks for the correction, Yurble. thumbs upwink
May 08, 2011
Amethyst
Because life's not worth living unless someone with the mental capacity of a chair leg takes one bit of coloured paper, uses a quart of glue to stick it to another bit of coloured paper, and presents it to you like it's the fucking crown jewels of the ancient world.

HEY! Hey, hey! .....do NOT insult chair legs like that! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
May 08, 2011
nullipar-tay
nokids4me, that's a fantastic site, and a great article. This --> "They had a mother who truly loved them. How can they conceptualize a mother who is the complete inverse of good motherhood? What precedent could they use to pattern your mother after? Only fictional ones. " I am forwarding this to a couple of friends of mine, too. Every year at this time, we all kind of sigh and gear up for Worshipful Mothers Day. Each of us had an abusive mother, and we are each at a 'civil' relationship with them.

There are a lot of nasty abusive mothers out there with damaged adult children. Today is the day the victims are forced to worship the perps.
May 08, 2011
nullipar-tay

Also, my husband's ex-girlfriend (and at one time a friend of mine) was textbook narcissistic personality disorder. 'Narcissists Suck' is awesome.

Glad it helped, it's helped me understand a great deal. I don't think she updates it any longer unless a news development comes up, but there's a lot of great information there.
May 08, 2011
CherryIce: The Netherlands.
bell_flower: ? Was that meant to be in response to CherryIce?
May 08, 2011
CherryIce
I'm afraid I'm going to have to ditch Facebook (and maybe the entire internet for that matter) until today is over. My FB feed is filled with nothing but Mother's Day, Mother's Day, Mother's Day. OK, I get it! Enough is enough. It seems like I've read about it for a month in advance.

Both the media and people as a whole really like to latch on to one thing and beat it to death, don't they?

Yurble, I want to know where you live because I'll be moving there shortly. tongue sticking out smiley

I'd be ok with one day, but you're right, it's like the whole month is taken over. Enough already.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login