Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Congratulations?

Posted by Denise 
Denise
Congratulations?
August 20, 2006
WHY do ppl congratulate moos to be? It's like congratulating them for fucking without protection. I hate this custom, and wonder why people do it, or feel the need to do it.
Re: Congratulations?
August 21, 2006
i only congratulate people in a sarcastic way when it comes to brats and moos

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 21, 2006
I always say, "Oh! Really?" then make a quick exit so as not to subject myself to the mooing of how wonderful repugnancy and pahrunting will be.

What I should say is, "My condolences, life as you know it is over."
August 21, 2006
Thank you

I feel the same way. I never congratulate moos or moos-to-be. One of my stepbrothers and his wifelet were trying for a long time for that baybee. My SIL is due in next month or so. I never sent any type of card congratulating those two for adding more to San Francisco's population. No gift was sent on my end to that insipid baby shower. Nor will I acknowledge anything when that infant is born. If I knew I would get no family flack, I would used KFLL's response. One bit of good news is that the other stepbro grew a spine and told HIS wife that there would be no baybee after her whining -- probably because she was "jealous" over the moo-to-be's attention...gag me! This stepbrother better be proactive or else he may be oopsed...
CFScorpio
August 21, 2006
Denise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHY do ppl congratulate moos to be?

Because it's traditional. I confess I do it just to be polite.

August 21, 2006
It is hard to break "tradition" because women are expected to be so polite. I am glad I escaped it. It does take time to get over what is instilled by society...
CF Uter
August 21, 2006
I admit that sometimes I say it to be polite and not be a bigger outcast than I already am. I never bring it up again tho nor ask about the progression of the fetus, or how the moo feels, unless she is a good friend of mine and you can tell that she is really sick.

If I have to buy a gift, and it is not a good friend/family....I buy baby stuff at the dollar store. If it is a good friend/family, I'll buy one cute cheap stuffed toy (because *I* like it) and a bunch of oneies. That is it. If the moo is poor and a friend, I might buy a bunch of baby lotion, shampoo, soap and diapers, practical stuff. No one "ooos and ahhs" when they open my baby gifts. tongue sticking out smiley
Faust
August 21, 2006
I never say it, polite or not, I don't care. The best I can come up with is Wot are you going to name it? I don't buy gifts, either, I don't care about moos.
August 21, 2006
I admit I say it for politeness, but what I mean is "you are going to ruin your life."
NotHappy4Them
August 21, 2006
I am proud to say I have never congratulated anyone for getting pregnant or sprogging. I don't view either activity as an accomplishment (roaches, sewer rats, and pigeons breed, too, and we don't congratulate them, do we?) Actually, I think breeding is a horribly selfish act, and people should have to do penance, not receive kudos, for it. (Although I suppose the penance is the next 18 years of the breeder's life...)

I'm lucky I've never been invited to a baby shower, as I would never go. It would suck having to come up with an excuse, when all I'd really want to say is, "You're having a kid? That's lame!"

I guess I tend to also feel sorry for the kid. S/he didn't ask to be dragged into this hellhole we call "life".
PS
August 21, 2006
I have been known to reply with one word.

WHY?? (along with a confused look, of course)

That confuses them. lol

August 22, 2006
I don't say congradulations, I just say wow.

Btw, I refuse to go to baby showers. winking smiley

lab mom
CF Uter
August 22, 2006
>>>>>>>"You're having a kid? That's lame!"

you are hilarious! that IS exactly how I feel when I hear the Big News (TM). bouncing and laughing
DrDanCorelli
August 23, 2006
I reply with, "Wow. You really failed birth control 101. How embarrassing for you!"
August 23, 2006
If I congratulated a Moo for getting pregnant, I'd probably immediately ask her, "Aren't you going to congratulate me for taking a shit? You know, since shitting and spawning require about the same amount of skill and brain power".

When my close friend told me she might be pregnant, I responded with a simple "...yay?". I didn't know if she was happy or not, and I didn't know if I was expected to be happy for her, so I left it in question. I'd probably respond the same way to anyone who announced to me they were pregnant.
Anonymous User
August 23, 2006
I congratulate people who I know who fall pregnant becaus it is something that they are happy about and I am genienley happy for them. To some people a child is a joy and that is okay..... For me I could not imagine anything worse but that is just me and we are all different.
August 24, 2006
I came back with an awesome zinger here today at work. LOL My co-worker mentioned that someone she knows is trying to find a home for 2 kittens she found. The one guy sitting nearby with several offspring replied, "I don't know why anyone would want to have pets, let alone cats for that matter."

To which I snapped, "Well, the same reason people have kids, only animals are a hell of a lot better."

He said nothing. :lips

August 25, 2006
Way to go, KFLL! Right on...

:yr
CFScorpio
August 25, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I came back with an awesome zinger here today at
> work. LOL My co-worker mentioned that someone
> she knows is trying to find a home for 2 kittens
> she found. The one guy sitting nearby with
> several offspring replied, "I don't know why
> anyone would want to have pets, let alone cats for
> that matter."
>
> To which I snapped, "Well, the same reason people
> have kids, only animals are a hell of a lot
> better."
>
> He said nothing.

I have 2 cats, and I don't know why anyone would want a huge brood of screaming braty children with shitty diapers!

August 28, 2006
Me too! I'll take scooping litter boxes ANY DAY over the screaming, noise, filth, clutter, loss of your own life, over a money sucking, emotion-leaching brood of brats any day.

We have 6 cats and 2 dogs. AWESOME collection of fuzzy faces. It is SO PEACEFUL to come to their happy, smiling, furry faces.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.