Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1784 cow-irker gift-grab

Posted by CFScorpio 
CFScorpio
1784 cow-irker gift-grab
August 21, 2006
It is extremely bad etiquette to throw one's own baby shower. According to etiquette rules, a friend is supposed to throw the baby shower. A relative can ONLY throw a baby shower if it's family-only shower (where only family is invited). A baby shower at work must be thrown by a co-worker.

I've never, EVER heard of a baby shower for a former employee who has been gone for a year! That takes the cake!
Re: 1784 cow-irker gift-grab
August 21, 2006
Pathetic.

My life-long breeder-pleaser friend from home had her 2nd babyee about 14 months after her first was born. These people are all very well-to-do. Her mother threw her a gigantic shower, bigger than the first one, something like 80 people were invited. What the fuckity fuck fuck? Needless to say, I didn't go and didn't send a gift. I could give a god damned that they were pissed at me, but I didn't. In my opinion - and that of many others from what I've heard - the 2nd shower was a cheesy, greedy, and tactless thing to do. I hate breeders.
CFScorpio
August 21, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Her
> mother threw her a gigantic shower, bigger than
> the first one, something like 80 people were
> invited.

I sure hope all 80 people were family!
August 21, 2006
That's the kicker! Her side of the family is extremely small and hubby's is not much bigger. The 80+ people consisted of neighbors, co-workers of the mom (my friend sits home on her ass), various friends.
August 21, 2006
My stepbrother's wife had her own baby shower at their home. I am sure her mother helped plan the thing but I think it is offensive when a married couple with money would do the gift-grab thing. Also...my SIL comes from major $$$$ with her family so it is not as if she is some poor little moo who is struggling. Don't even ask about the baby shower gift registry at Tar-zhay with expensive items on the list...

hitting over the head with a hammer
Anonymous User
August 21, 2006
CFScorpio Wrote:
> It is extremely bad etiquette to throw one's own
> baby shower.

That's what I thought! And she's not poor either. She left this job for a better one & ended up leaving that one when she got pigged up. Now she's a SAHM.

I wonder if she's going to get out her highschool yearbook & invite her graduating class too, for fuck's sake.
August 22, 2006
Is said moo wants a babyee gift, just buy a onesie from wal-mart, or better yet, some cloth diapers. hehe.

lab mom
August 22, 2006
lv67 Wrote:
> CFScorpio Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It is extremely bad etiquette to throw one's
> own
> > baby shower.
>
> That's what I thought! And she's not poor either.
> She left this job for a better one & ended up
> leaving that one when she got pigged up. Now
> she's a SAHM.

My boss is moving out-of-town so the site will be getting my old boss from a site I worked at last year. My old/new boss' wife is in pig and will have the baybee next month. She has a better job than BossMan...BUT...my boss said she is probably going to quit "because she is tired of the job". Typical! I guess BossMan will be working that overtime...

Grace
August 22, 2006
Women who throw their own baby showers make me want to scream "If you want attention so much, why don't you actually accomplish something important!!!" Having a baby isn't anything special. Look around you, babies are everywhere and they are all pretty much alike. Throw a party for yourself when your kid is the valedictorian of his or her graduating class. Better yet, why don't YOU accomplish something? Anything is better than just spreading your legs. Why don't you volunteer at a hospital and throw a party for the patients to celebrate your 100th hour of volunteering? Instead of asking for gifts, YOU could GIVE small gifts to the patients to cheer them up.
Women who use pregnancy to boost their self-esteem and get attention are selfish and pathetic.
Dorine
August 23, 2006
Dante should redefine the lowest circle of hell to be reserved for those desperate moos who throw their own baby showers.

I find the custom of a baby shower to be the modern equivalent of an ancient fertility festival. In the nine or ten months following the bumping of gonads, the breeders slowly lose their sanity and their sense. Honoring the results of a sexual act in this manner is silly and revolting.

I do not recall anyone planning a festival around a used condom, and to me baby showers are nothing more than that.
Anonymous User
August 24, 2006
Dorine Wrote:
> Dante should redefine the lowest circle of hell to
> be reserved for those desperate moos who throw
> their own baby showers.
>
Hahaha! Either that, or he'd be reduced to rocking in a fetal position sucking his thumb in the corner at the thouught of moo's desperate tackiness. ("So much evil...can't take it.")

> I find the custom of a baby shower to be the
> modern equivalent of an ancient fertility
> festival.>
>
I think an ancient fertility fest is just what we need nowadays. At least back then, they did things like danced around maypoles, jumped over fires, had huge parties wrought with debauchery. Now we have to endure a bunch of uptight womben drinking punch & looking at Tar-GETme crap & cloth diaper sculptures. We're so self-hating & pathetic!

August 24, 2006
fertility rites used to be before the breeding, (we still have some maypole dances of course you know what freud said about them but its a phallusywink, and morris dancers)..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.