Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1787: Zoe's preggo sister

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1787: Zoe's preggo sister
August 22, 2006
What a stupid cow. I have always felt that if you really want to breed, at least wait until you've some *US* time with your spouse. Why can't she just be happy to be planning her nice wedding for now?

Now she will have a newly-hatched loaf AND a big wedding? Why do I think that this is going to turn into The Wedding From Hell?

And I don't want to hear the whole *well, it JUST HAPPENED* thing. If there is one thing I hate, it is the whole *baybees just happen* shit. NO, they DO NOT! They *happen* when you are dumb enough to have sex without birth control. Yeah, b/c can fail, but that is why there is such a thing as Planned Parenthood.

And if someone says that abortion is *against her religion*, then shouldn't pre-marital sex be, as well?

Oh, and BTW...most preggos don't publicly announce it until they make it past the first trimester, when the highest chance for miscarriage has passed.

Stupid MOOOOOOO!
Re: #1787: Zoe's preggo sister
August 22, 2006
You beat me to commenting on this rant, Catmommy! My sentiments exactly...

I am not big on marriage but do believe that women who get pregnant before the wedding or have a baby without knowing if Daddio is going to marry them are really setting themselves up. Perhaps Zoe's sis has fears that the wedding will not come to pass so she must use "insurance" to ensure that the "I do's are said? No offense, Zoe, I just see this a lot. A man who is sincere about being a good mate and father would rather marry the woman before any pregnancy announcements.

I was at Av*l*n, the area pagan shop, today, to get a gift for my boss who is moving due to his older daughter having cancer. He, his wife, and his high school son are all relocating to where the lady lives to help her. He is a great boss. There is never EVER going to be another B*b T***er! So...I got him an obsidian with Home Sweet Home engraved so he and the family can enjoy it in the new house.

Back to the rant...

I could help but overhear this young woman talking to one of the local psychics who was working so my friend, the owner's (who is a jerk) employee, could have a day off for a change. This gal was going on about her awful ex-fiance who did nothing but smoke pot all day. Never mind that the owner, who is now a Traditional Catholic -- go figure, she is still selling pagan stuff, told this woman how she had to open up to love and took her to church encouraged her to go to confession.

Well, the stupid woman did open herself up for love and is now on her way to being a single moo. Yep...she is preggo but not showing yet. I just could hear the conversation because this is a small store and not Sears. It amazes me how a lot of women set up other women with this love-fantasy. While this young lady was complaining and complaining and complaining how she keeps choosing losers, she DID say how she hopes Mr. Dope Smoker will come around for Baybee's sake.

I wanted to say, "I hate to say it...but you are going to wind up with MORE losers now that you are having this guy's baby!" This woman has nothing really going for her. It is not as if she has education or a really good job. A man with a future is NOT going to go for a single mother who has a kid with a druggie and whose past men have been the same way. These women really set themselves up by having these kids before the wedding.

Effing stupid!
CFScorpio
August 22, 2006
I don't get that AT ALL! Why not wait until after the wedding, even for the shallow reason of the bride wanting to look nice in her wedding dress?
August 22, 2006
Not only that, but actually be able to wear a 'white' dress, and not be a big hypocrite? One word, dumbass.

lab mom
August 22, 2006
Women often wear white dresses for second weddings and even when they are expecting. I do not like the White Wedding Gown with the Veil tradition. It is just as sexist and oppressive as certain Islamic countries demanding that women wear the burqa or veil. It is the same idea of how a woman has to prove her purity. Funny how most men wear black tuxes to their weddings instead of Virgin White.

I just think these women are dumb to have the baby before the wedding. There was an article re: marrying after baybee in the paper a couple of years ago. Of course, one woman made the excuse of how her husband was going to marry her anyway. I know a woman who said that yet it did not stop the man from wanting a divorce when the kid turned two once the moo complained and complained of how he was not a good husband meaning a good earner.
Grace
August 22, 2006
My guess is that Zoe's sister was afraid her fiance would change his mind about marrying her and she thinks that the pregnancy will keep him from leaving her. Most of the time, women who get pregnant out-of-wedlock but while in a relationship do it because they are insecure and they use the "accidental" pregnancy trick to "trap" the man.
This is off topic, but in a prior rant, someone mentioned that men seem to be boycotting marriage and, as a result, there are many desperate, single women who whine that their men won't marry them and settle down. I hate to sound old-fasioned, but isn't this how it's always been? Single men who are enjoying life are reluctant to get married, have children and generally give up all of the things they enjoy as single adults. Single women with no self-esteem or goals are desperate to latch onto successful men as a source of self-esteem and $ security. Some of these women are desperate enough to try and trap a man with an "accidental" pregnancy. My mother used to tell me when I was a little girl: A man won't buy the cow if he can get the milk for free. She meant that a good man doesn't want some cheap, desperate, slut to be his wife or the mother of his child. Slutty women are just for sex, not marriage. If I were a man, I wouldn't want to get married unless I really wanted children, and then, I would also want a traditional housewife. If a man doesn't want kids, what benefit is there to getting married? Why not just keep sleeping with your girlfriend and avoid all the pitfalls of having a dependent wife and (later) children? Unless a man really wants to be a "family man", why marry? SAHMoos and children are just financial black holes.
August 23, 2006
there is a pressure on men to get married, mostly put on them by women, they want to be married have kids etc.. the whole life script route, and men do want to be married sometimes, but its the mercernary way some women act thats turning men off, and its the anti male laws that make women more powerful in courts (as always there are exceptions)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_strike

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,94415,00.html
http://www.mattweeks.com/strike.htm

As a critic of anti-male bias in the family courts (search), the reasons I hear most frequently from non-marrying men are fear of financial devastation in divorce and of losing meaningful contact with children afterward. (Such feedback is anecdotal evidence but, when you hear the same response over a period of years from several hundred different sources, it becomes prudent to listen.)

this is a good site http://www.ifeminists.net/index.php
http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/essays/introduction.html
http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/editorials/2002/0709a.html

this is what true equalitist should be,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
August 23, 2006
A miscarriage would be a fitting turn of events.
August 23, 2006
Grace, I would rather be viewed as a "slutty woman" than an object meant for marriage. At least, I have more freedom as a sexually liberated woman than the "good wife tucked away in marriage". Any man who claims I am not good enough for marriage because he feels threatened by the number of sexual partners is someone I would not want to contemplate spending my life with anyway. Besides, I don't think much of marriage. Both men and women have this ideal about marriage that does not measure up when it becomes a reality. If marriage was so wonderful for men, they would not be seeking out those "slutty women" via websites for married "dating" or from other areas. You and I both hit it right thinking that Zoe's sister may realise her fiance is reluctant to go to the altar so she used the worst "insurance" method to ensure the "i do's are said...
August 23, 2006
Mercurior, I do understand why many men are reluctant to marry. Most women will not work once they are married if they do not have to...even if the ladies have a good paying profession. I have seen women quit good jobs within a year of the "I do's" regardless of if there are any kids or not. Yes, I see it all of the time. I also see the newly-married woman announcing pregnancy about 6-8 weeks after the weddding. The wedding night conception is probably very well planned by the bride to further entrap her new husband.

A site supervisor for the guard company I work for, who was my boss at another site and will be coming to the site I am presently working, has a wife who is expecting that baby next month. I mentioned above that the woman had a better job than even this guy. Yet, BossMan mentions that his wife will probably quit her job once that infant is born claiming she feels that she is not treated well enough...meaning an X-mas bonus last year that was not as large as she anticipated. BossMan is going to have to do what many men do when married to women who expect to be taken care of like children. He is going to have to work massive overtime like a beast of burden.

In many cases, men get royally screwed in a divorce. Just because a man has sex with a woman other than his wife, he risks losing his house and other assets. Extramarital affairs are not always nice and do emotionally hurt the wife; however, I do not believe that a man should have to pay out in a big time financial way just because he had sex with another woman! Even in a standard divorce with no kids or accusations of infidelities, I've known men who were still financially raped by the former wives. I also know a man who stays married to a woman who does not work, complains for more $$$$ goodies, and wishes her husband was dead because this b*tch threatened to take his overseas land if he did leave her.

confused smiley Anyone tell me why a man...or anyone should marry? I don't want to hear "love" because that really does wane over time!
August 23, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .............. Both men and women have this ideal about marriage that does not measure up when it becomes a reality. ..........

This is so true. Many people go into marriage with the expectations that it's going to be all flowery, fairy-tale-like, and perfect. That is not the case. People forget that there will be ups and downs and every day when you wake up, you have to remember the person on the other side of the bed. One day does not have to out-do the previous day. Gifts do not need to keep getting bigger and more expensive with each holiday. When you've had a bad day, don't come home and shut your partner out. Don't take more than you give.

These same people THEN throw a baybee into the mix - because don't you know, having a baybee makes everything all better. Things only get worse.

I think in the case of this particular moo, it's just an extra attention grabber.
Grace
August 24, 2006
India, I think you misunderstood my rant. I didn't mean to imply that all women who have pre-marital sex are slutty. I was trying to point out that all the single women I know, who are dating and desperately want their boyfriends to propose, are women who slept with their boyfriends on the first or second date. Fast forward 2 or 3 years and the boyfriends still haven't proposed. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? This is just what I have observed among my single, female friends.
August 24, 2006
Grace, I hear what you are saying. However, even sleeping with a man on the first or second date does not make a woman "slutty". Men do the same thing and are not judged but applauded. This is one reason why I think the ideal of marriage is such a game. Women are d*mned if they do and d*mned if they don't. We are told to play so many games about when to have sex with a man to get that gold ring. Women should really not focus on marriage and enjoy who they are seeing. If a woman wants marriage, I guess she does have to play the "I'm a good girl" game...*sigh*...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.