Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1824 Step-Daughter

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
1824 Step-Daughter
September 05, 2006
Little kids scare her? HALLELUJIA is right!

Another childfree person in the making!

I hated kids when I was a kid also. Never liked playing with them, I always wanted to be in the house talking and hanging out with the adults! LOL
Re: 1824 Step-Daughter
September 05, 2006
I grew up with mostly adults in my life. My siblings are all 14+ years older then I am (old enough to be my parents). I also prefered being around adults and hardly was around children my age, except at day care or school. To this day I prefer being around older adults and one of my favorite co-workers is a almost 60 year-old divorced woman who is a pagan and she is so liberal and has a great sense of humour. She has a adult-child and admitted that if she could do it all over she would have never had a child. We get along great and she is old enough to be my mother. She supports me being CF and thinks it's awesome. Every Monday she asked how my weekend went and is just a lovely person! Even at DH's family parties I ignore all types of children and could care less if they are around. I don't like conversing with todlers or small children. I basically say hi and bye because I have to and because of common courtesy, but other then that I try not to hang around them.
Re: 1824 Step-Daughter
September 06, 2006
I was the same way. Even as a child, toddlers were creepy and scary to me. I had one nice friend who was a toddler but that was a rarity. As an only child, I was around adults when I was not at the babysitter's house. The babysitter took care of sprogs for a living so I had "forced siblings" it seemed when at Agnes'...and I HATED it!

I remember when I first had to go to Agnes' house how I sat alone. I was four at the time. That nasty woman made me "socialize" with the other brats who were mean to me the entire time I was there -- seven looooooong years. I would see my mom on her days off and spend weekends with my granddad but three - four days a week at that woman's house was still h*ll. Most of Agnes' charges were children of single mothers.

Besides my general dislike of kids, this was yet another reason for my CF choice. I saw at a tender age how life as a single moo was a living h*ll. In the 1970's, it seems that the divorced/single moms were more responsible by trying to earn a decent living and staying off the dole. The sad thing is that these women were forced to leave their children in the care of the likes of Agnes, who claimed to love kids but could not have her own.

All I can say is that the woman was not very nice to us except one of her favourites. I had a lot of issues for a long time due to practically living there until I was 12, when Mom felt I was old enough to be home alone at night. This woman died in 1995. It felt I was free of her presence even though I stopped talking to her in 1991. Even after I left her "care", Agnes F*mb*in* was a very dominant person and felt she had the right to know everyone's business.

Sorry I went on a tangent... yawning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login