Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

entry 596 ask annie

Posted by mercurior 1 
mercurior 1
entry 596 ask annie
November 17, 2005
i commented on that site heres my comment

ok, i am a man, now in all the offices i mean all, every single one, i have usually been the only male in the department, and everytime one of them has a sick child, or they have to go to the kids play, or football, guess who has to go and cover for them, you cant go upto your boss and say i wont do that job i need more money to do that job. and appalled, just one comment, if you do that 24/7.. when do you sleep.

all that the child free want is an equal priority, some childfree have elderly relatives to take care of, but in most places thats not allowed as it isnt a child. that is whats wrong.

just because i choose not to overburden this planet with another lifeform when about 1/3rd of all humans live in dire poverty and starvation, i get called selfish. if i wanted a child i would adopt one, but what is so precious about your own dna that you will spend thousands on ivf when there are children in need of love.
Female Guest
Re: entry 596 ask annie
November 17, 2005
Oh, yes...I am a female, CF, and that is the same way I am treated
in my job, because I CHOOSE to be child-free, the boss that has
BAYBEES thinks I can work all the OT and weekends and the man and
women in our dept with BRATS always have the same excuse for
not being able to work..."My kids"....Bratley is sick, etc...
and I guess it is too bad if my elderly parents are sick and I
want to take care of them or if I want a long weekend off to
just relax or go on a date, or whatever...."oh, sorry" says my boss
for the 5-6 weekend in-a-row.....so I hear you my CF pals out
there. Signed, shivering in Michigan! smiling smiley
mercurior 1
November 17, 2005
dear god fortunate is strange she is cf but she wants kids.. her post..

Fortunate 11/17 16:00
I'm a CFer and I plan to have kids someday. I would love to be a stay home mom at that point but the reality is that in our society, most families cannot live on one salary. I'll have to learn to balance the work/family think at some point and I don't think I should have to lead a life without the joys of parenthood just because I didn't marry a millionaire. It's interesting to me that most CFers who have shared their comments sound so angry and bitter. Maybe there's something to be said for opening your heart to caring for another human being. And, regardless of who has kids and who doesn't, we all have life outside of work to deal with, i.e. ailing parents/family members, problems with our spouses, addiction, chronic illness, debt, mental health problems, burnout, etc. We are all challenged by lives with too much stuff and not enough time. After reading such caustic comments I realize how lucky I am that I work in an environment where we all recognize that everybody has other stuff going on and that we all

Fortunate 11/17 16:07
...as I was saying, we all give each other much needed support. To those of you who are so angry, take a day off. I'm sure your co-workers will be happy to cover for you if it helps your attitude.
CF Scorpio
November 17, 2005
She obviously doesn't understand what CF means. She's CL, not CF.
sprogless
November 17, 2005
She's an idiot! I posted over there, too. The Powers That Be should impose a gag order on every one of these fools. Oh, yeah, TPTB are breeders. Well we're fucked!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.