Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting SICK of the SPAM posting hurdles!

Posted by deegee 
It is taking me 10 or 15 attempts to post a reply lately. I am constantly getting the anti-spam or "repeated post" messages. It is becoming a growing nuisance.

I know there was another thread on this but I wanted to start a new one in case others have been encountering this more and more lately. Are there certian characters which trigger the warning? I don't post smileys and I try to stay away from certain characters such as colons and asterisks, even though I see others post them often. My usual remedies such as adding a random space here and there have not been working. What the heck is going on here?
DeeGee, I run into the problem as well, but apparently far less often than you. I have never "joined" this forum by registering, which could explain the difference. Instead I key my user name and e-mail address every time I post. The only advantages to registering would seem to be the abilities to edit after posting, add pictures, manipulate text, and such. I just don't miss those. The important stuff, such as bold or italic type, adding URLs, and inserting the more obvious smileys, can be done easily enough in one of these posts.

What I do after writing a post is to preview it. It seems that when the spam prevention code changes on the next (preview) screen instead of remaining the same as before, that is when the stupid spam message will appear on the next screen upon hitting "Post message" even after entering the new code. Not clicking on "Post message" until I get two screens in a row with the same code seems to prevent the anti-spam filter message most of the time.

If it appears anyway, then I just hit "Back" on my browser, make some minor change, and try again until I get two consecutive screens with the same code. Sounds complicated, but it really isn't. I have never completely lost text in this way, either (though usually I will "copy" just in case). Using the "Back" button always resurrects the screen with the text I entered. Some of you registered users have evidently lost text before, but as a nonregisted user—ironically—I never have.

Hope this helps.
Re: Getting SICK of the SPAM posting hurdles!
October 03, 2008
I bumped the other thread. I highly recommend doing what I say to do. I have encountered all the problems everyone here has mentioned and then some, and my way with the dot first works every time. Just make sure you have entered your password again EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU ARE LOGGED IN ALREADY.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
October 03, 2008
I'm sick of these, too, d.
October 03, 2008
I just clench my teeth as I "log in" (maybe up to 10 times a day?) and return to box to post - after remembering to type in code.

If it won't let me, I copy the message and go somewhere else before I return to try posting again.

Yes, it's very frustrating!=P
Hitting Preview first has helped so far. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login