Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1860- tubals/sterilization

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1860- tubals/sterilization
September 22, 2006
It's nice that people in Canada can get this done without too many problems but it's damn hard to get a tubal in the US. Doctors simply don't want to do it. I don't know whether it's from pressure from the fundies, or the fact that if you don't breed, they don't make as much money off of you. Regardless, it's complete bullshit. As a lot of you know, I've been to seven different docs to try to get this done. Not one of them would take my request seriously, and they treated me like I was a freak. I've quit trying.
Anonymous User
Re: #1860- tubals/sterilization
September 22, 2006
It is also hard for a guy to get a vasectomy. And it doesn't matter how old you are, the bingoes still come a-flying at you!

Catdaddy and I got married in 2000, when I was 40 and he was 48. Shortly thereafter, we had a serious discussion about sterilization, and we decided that he'd be the one to go for the snip. So he went to his doctor to get a referral to a urologist to do it.

Well, this doctor is a younger guy, and an uber-breeder. He was forever cancelling appointments because of something to do with his sprogs...either his wife was popping out a new one, or one of them was sick...it went on and on.

So, at first, he refused to give the referral, because EVERYONE wants sprogs, and we might change our minds. We were newlyweds, after all, so we might want a loaf a few years down the road. Jeebus...Catdaddy was almost 50 years old at the time...what SANE person would WANT to sprog at that age, and be stuck with teenagers when it was time to retire? And if we don't want to sprog now, at our ages, we sure as hell won't want to do it when we are even older!

This is the number one reason why I hate geezerbreeders and IVF. It means that no matter how old we get, the bingoes never end.

Anyhoo, we pushed the issue, and finally got the referral. We needed the referral because that's the only way that the insurance would pay for it.

But the funny thing was that once Catdaddy got to go and see the urologist, he got NO bingoes at all. The doc just asked him if he understood that this was permanent, Catdaddy said, *well I sure as hell HOPE so!*, and signed papers to that effect. He then made the appointment for the snip, it was done, and that was that.

If it was this hard for a 48 year old man to get a referral for a vasectomy, I'd hate to thing about how bad it must be for women who want tubals. The bingoing for that is even worse...all women want and LUUUURVE baybees, you know! You'll change your mind. What if you meet a mayun who wants kyds?

It never ends.
Rapunzel111
September 23, 2006
The easiest way o get a tubal is to go through the National Organizaton for Women (NOW).You can find clinics run by them in your state by going to their webite or searching tubal ligation NOW on Google.You will never get out of being repeatedly questioned about why you want to have a tubal because they want to be sure you will not change your mind,but I think they take you more seriously if you are over 30 years old before you go to talk to them about a tubal.NOW clinics are more open minded to your personal choices,so try them if you are having trouble finding someone who'll do it.They do take insurance,also.I think it is BS as women that we are always looked at as being ''in love with the idea of motherhood''or ''a walking uterus'' ,a ''ticking biological clock''instead of rational intelligent people that are perfectly sane and capable of making our own choices about parenting or not being a parent at all.
September 25, 2006
http://www.bloggingbaby.com/2006/09/21/tubal-ligation-any-regrets/

It is bullshit like this that keeps childfree women or men from getting 'fixed.' Dammnit, if those damn breeders would just friggin' stop. Ass hats. OF COURSE IT IS PERMAMENT!!!!! DUH!!!!

If I wanted that tubal, I have a doc who would give the surgical doc the recommendation. Thank God. Bc my reg med doc is pro childfree. I guess I got lucky.

lab mom
September 26, 2006
Wow, what a bunch of dumbshits on that site. No wonder doctors don't take women who want to be sterilized seriously. Funny how only those who have spawned regret their tubal ligations - I have yet to read about a childfree man or woman who regretted getting fixed.

I think I gave myself a headache from rolling my eyes so much at the woman on there who said that "Gawd will provide, even if you have ten kids! Love what the good Lawd gave you!". Gag me with a fuckin' spoon. I love that Gawd gave me a choice and the brain capacity to utilize it in my favor, thank you.
September 26, 2006
I just love that, "GAWD will provide."

And just what will he be doing? Out shopping for groceries? Mowing your lawn? Baybee sitting while you go to work? Cleaning the house? Helping bathe the little ones and get them ready for bed? Open a can of Whoopass when they're bad? What, exactly?

I think if there really were a GAWD, he'd be pretty pissed with the mess this world is in.
September 26, 2006
Exactly. Haven't any of these stupid moos every heard of adopting? Jeez. It has to be your own dna genetic makeup huh?

lab mom
September 29, 2006
hell i am glad my dna makeup is so freaked, i wouldnt even give my worst enemy my own dna.. reason 240,768 for me not to have kids..

most of the men in my family die young, once they reach the 50 mark, theres a crisis point, if you pass it you live, i know i may have a short life regardless of health, so i am fat but if you know you may die aged 50, then why bother might as well have fun..

and this is reason 240,769 for me to not have kids.. whats so great about their dna do they have the indigo child wink...

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
September 29, 2006
Gack, what a bunch of dumb Moos. I loved all their "reasons" for regretting their tubal ligations, like meeting another man when they already have three keeds and being COMPELLED to shit out more with said man.

And how about the one who wrote that huge, moo-filled, cautionary tale describing how she had two girls, tried for a boy and got one, and he was killed in a *tragic accident* when he was 1.5 years old? (I'd be willing to believe that *tragic accident* was the result of *parental inattention*, but I digress.) The moo went on to write that she regrets her tubal because she can't crank out another one. According to her, it wouldn't replace her lost son (yeah right, Moo, talk to me if you get reversed and have a girl) it would "make her family complete."

You know who has my real sympathy? Those two girls. Damn, I can only imagine how heartbroken her two girls are, not only because they lost a sibling, but because her mother is giving them the message, day in and day out, that they aren't enough for her. She should be paying attention to her girls and helping them with their grief. But no, she can only think of herself.

You know, kids are annoying as all fuck, but I do feel sorry for the ones who are born into these situations. Why do breeders birth kids when they regard them as nothing more than objects or accessories, where you have to have one in each style? And if you lose one? You have to get another.

And as far as the Moos that have 3-4 kids, then get their tubes tied, only to regret it, how many kids do you really need? I'm sorry, 3-4 kids are enough for anyone. There is only so much parental attention to go around, but these breeders aren't concerned about that. They want keeds so they can breed with their new fucks and dump the first family.

I feel sorry for the previous kids in these situations.
September 29, 2006
Moos tend to be the ones who DO regret those tubals the most and will have them reversed on demand when they marry another man who screams for a baby. One of the maintenance guys in my complex married a divorced moo with two older daughters. Of course, he wants that baby boy so the woman got her tubal ligation reversed. Then...a second pregnancy "happened" after she had that baby-on-demand for Hubby #2.

The maintenance man got a vasectomy after the two babies. Nice how HE now wants to protect his "fertility" after his wife has had a total of four babies -- two with her first husband and now two more with this guy. What an "effing" hypocrite!!!!!

I can see why many ob-gyns are leery of doing sterilizations when these women moo how they did not realise that this was permanent and of the gravity of their decision. Women tend to fall into religion quicker than men since females are easier to guilt. A writer for the Florida Catholic newspaper said how her marriage got better when the husband had his vasectomy reversed and they resumed sexual relations without birth control.

These columnist and her husband felt that consequence-free sex was ruining their marriage. I would feel that this would wreck a marriage. How can any woman enjoy intimacy if she knows that the risk of missing her period is higher? Also, I cannot see myself enjoying sex if every encounter was going to risk pregnancy and the horrible life of moohood. But...religion -- especially Catholicism -- tells women that they must be willing to accept "new life" if they have sex with their husbands.
September 29, 2006
How many god damned kids do breeders need? WHY do they need so many kids? Are they so greedy and selfish that ONE kid isn't enough for them? And they call us CFers selfish? WTF? I love the excuses, "it will make our famblee kumplete" "we have 3 girls, we'd love a boy to carry on the famblee name" "kids keep me centered" "my kyds teach me how not to be selfish."

My question is, what kind of person are you if your spouse isn't enough? HE/SHE should complete your famblee, NOT a loaf. Why do your think you name/DNA is so special that it needs to be carried on? We're not talking about a breeding pair of now-extinct wooly mammoths, we're talking humans here and they are a dime a dozen. Keep you centered and teach you how not to be selfish? What did you learn at home? How can you not stay centered on your own with your own interests, why do you push that responsibility off on your kid?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login