The 6 Most Misguided Causes Ever Made Famous by Celebrities
July 14, 2011
Guess what number one is. Seriously, just take a guess.

Her name starts with a J.
Re: The 6 Most Misguided Causes Ever Made Famous by Celebrities
July 14, 2011
A STOOPID thing promoted by PARENTS:

Save the aluminum can tabs for "kidney dialysis". Or some other tragic thing. There's even a poster *right now* at one of my local grocery stores, which I believe is sponsored by some beer company, which tells you that you can deposit your can tabs here!

There are jars for these at the local library as well.

I believe it was Cecil Adams who pointed out - er, why not recycle the whole damned aluminum can???

You will make more $ that way, to send to the charity of your choice.

I read that several years ago, and yet people are still pulling off these damned can tabs and "giving them to charity".

MORANS.
July 15, 2011
Feeding starving children should be in the first place of that list. Or the "under-privileged city youth" shit. angry flipping off

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
July 15, 2011
I guessed right. What do I win?
July 15, 2011
Oprah's school is being shut down for teacher on student (female) rape in Africa!!!!!!!!! Why can't they just donate to Doctors without Borders if they are so kid sick?
July 16, 2011
Snark Shark
we should start calling some of these people "CelebriTARDS".

Jenny's so stupid you really wonder if any tardism in her son is merely her genes asserting themselves, without the moderating effect of tits (tits, of course, having the effect of making some people pretend to listen to a woman, no matter how dumb she is).
July 16, 2011
the whole thing with the can tabs is because they look like a piece of dialysis equipment that i guess has to be replaced after each use.

but the mumia thing to me is incredibly idiotic because they guy confessed to it in the emergency room, yelling out "I shot the mutherfucker! I hope he dies!" or something to that effect. then suddenly, he's some political prisoner who gets streets named after him in europe and faulkner has a street named for him, but his widow gets attacked.

meanwhile, you have a guy in nj who just had his sentence commuted by governor christie and who is fighting the conviction entirely because of a trumped up "concealed weapons" charge. the guy was moving things from his mother's house to his house in nj. his mother became concerned when she had not heard from him for a few days and asked nj state police (aka stormtroopers) to do a check on him. they instead searched his car, which he had not unpacked, found his guns and arrested him for carrying concealed weapons, despite nj law exempting guns being carried in transport to, say, a new house, a shooting range or to go hunting (they just knocked out the "gun free school zone crap, btw, because, technically, we lived in one, which meant if we had guns, we could not take them outside and that people transporting guns had to get permission from schools to pass through). when he went to trial, an activist judge refused to allow this exemption or to allow the jury to consider it after repeated requests on the wording of the law. the guy was found guilty, his gun rights now denied him and was sent to jail. or the guy in another state who painted a sign protesting a city's eminent domain policy after it confiscated several properties run by his nonprofit housing charity to turn over to private development. he painted a sign on one building but the city told him he either had to get a permit for a sign or take it down. they refused to give him a permit when he applied. fortunately, in that case, the 8th circuit not only told the city that they were suppressing free speech against a political policy, but struck down their sign ordinance-apparently they had sketchy details on the difference between a "sign" and a "mural".

but where are the celebrities with these obviously politically motivated injustices? apparently, they will only get involved if the person writes a book or pretty poetry about being in jail.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login