Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow, a breeder decides to help us childfree

Posted by KABA 
Wow, a breeder decides to help us childfree
October 03, 2010
Well, I'm glad that we can receive such insight into being pregnant.

On being pregnant - Helping the childfree cope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Re: Wow, a breeder decides to help us childfree
October 03, 2010
I read her entire article and don't know WHAT she is talking about regarding the title:"On Being Pregnant – Helping the Child-Free Cope"

Here's the only vague references that could even remotely make that topic title any where NEAR accurate:confused smiley

1)My friend asked me the other day what it’s like to be pregnant. I told him, “It’s like seriously over-eating to the point that your food revolts and tries to escape.” We don't even know if he's "CF", but even so, I don't see any "coping" skills needed here

2)I was also forced to entertain ridiculous comments and questions from my child-free friends. When we announced we were having a baby over dinner with close friends and family, one friend tried to calculate and figure out where he was the night we conceived. Yuck!That has nothing to do with a CF "coping", but it's more along the lines that she has a PERV for a friend

3)A few months into it, when I informed that same friend that, according to my weekly Internet update, the baby was the size of an apple, he replied in disbelief, “That’s it?! I was thinking more like a large melon!” mmmmm, Don't see any COPING going on, just a rude comment about her massive belly

4)A friend who brightly estimated that I must be six to eight months pregnant during my fourth month, told me that I looked fantastic when I ran into him the other day – “much better than the last time I saw you!” Is that a compliment? My God, she MUST be HUGE, to be getting all of these types comments! Again though, no "coping" issues

5)My belly does all the talking so I get to avoid the uncomfortable dance with people I haven’t seen for a while as to whether or not I am pregnant. Unfortunately though, the ridiculous commentary does not end. I don't see how that is "ridiculous", but I have to wonder why every time she sees someone who she hasn't seen in awhile she thinks that they are wondering if she's knocked up? Again, nothing regarding helping a CF "cope" with anything. She hasn't even mentioned if half of these people ARE CF

6)Another friend who was with us the night we revealed my pregnancy, informed me recently that he is not grossed out by my pregnancy like he thought he would be. I actually think my wearing a bikini this summer took away the mystery of my unsettling condition and helped him come to terms with it I SERIOUSLY doubt that her wearing a bikini when knocked up did ANYTHING but gross that guy out, CF or not.

7) also am reminded of my brother-in-law’s reaction to some late pregnancy photos I posted to the Internet during my first pregnancy. Eden, his wife, was a diminutive four months along with their first baby at the time. Within five minutes of posting the photos, the phone rang and Eric’s concerned voice rang out from across the Atlantic. After our initial greeting, he paused and then stammered, “You’re huge!” These people aren't CF, they just don't have a kyd YET. She must really look like a whale!!

.8)I was at the grocery store the other day and noticed a young couple. They were clearly expecting their first child and I would guess she was about four months along. As I lumbered toward them to negotiate passing them mid-aisle, I noticed the panic stricken look on the young man’s face as he compared my expansive belly to his partner’s little bump. In a relaxin-induced moment of compassion, I tried my best to convey to him with a return glance, “Yes, my friend, this will happen to her too. And it’s going to be all right. In fact, it’s pretty wonderful!” Despite my best efforts to educate, provide good analogies and dispel preconceived notions about pregnancy in that single glance, I think the food in his stomach was trying to escape. AGAIN, not CF people. They also didn't say anything TO her, she approached THEM and all of the rest of that she has created in her own mind.

confused smileyThe above was every single comment related to any comments or questions(perceived and real) that she mentioned in that ENTIRE article. I am STILL trying to figure out where she came up with that title? What a STUPID bitch!angry flipping off

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
October 03, 2010
Just another brood cow boasting about her reproductive talents. smile rolling left righteyes2
October 03, 2010
exactly why do i need to learn how to cope with a pregnant woman? i really don't care if you're pregnant.
October 03, 2010
They don't need to teach how to cope with their sorry asses, they need to GO AWAY with their pignant status and stupidity. angry flipping off

lab mom
October 04, 2010
There is about as much about the CF in this article as there is about steampunk in the standard Regretsy posting in the category "not even remotely steampunk."
October 04, 2010
Well, between her reference to wearing a bikini when pregant and her posting photos of her pregnant belly on Facebook, I think it's pretty clear she's of the attention whore variety. Pregnant women who aren't attention whores tend to get a lot less of those comments. She probably wears belly baring tops too. Drew Carey had a routine years ago about size appropriate clothing. And I bring this up as someone who's on the big side myself. Certain clothes just don't look good on certain body types. People who dress in a flattering, attractive manner are less likely to get critical comments. Maybe someone should write a guide for her on how to dress.
October 04, 2010
yurble
There is about as much about the CF in this article as there is about steampunk in the standard Regretsy posting in the category "not even remotely steampunk."

Really. She seems to believe in two states: being pregnant, and about to become pregnant. :crz
October 04, 2010
Sounds to me like she's a self-appointed pregnancy ambassador, going to all those who aren't pregnant and telling them it's going to be okay. Her holier-than-thou attitude is sickening. She makes assumptions about all these people as if she "knows" what they are thinking even though she doesn't even talk to half of them. It's all about a "look." She thinks her huge pregnancy has given her the right to educate the non-pregnant, and, of course, to call attention to herself.

I'm not the least bit interested in pregnant women, other than to feel sorry for them. My first thought is always, "well, your life is over now."
October 04, 2010
I bet the female member of the couple in the grocery store wasn't pregnant but just a bit pudgy or something and the guy looked like he was about to be sick when he saw the behemoth moocow swing around and start lumbering toward them at speed with that horrible smug all-knowing look on her face.

I'm surprised he stood his ground, I'd have turned and legged it.
Anonymous User
October 04, 2010
From the way people were exclaiming over the size of her pregnant gut, this is what I picture her nasty belly looking like waving hellolarious

October 04, 2010
Amazing. I'm writing my own companion article. "On excessive flatulence after chili dog consumption: Helping fellow train passengers cope"
Anonymous User
October 04, 2010
KeepYourChildAwayFromMe
From the way people were exclaiming over the size of her pregnant gut, this is what I picture her nasty belly looking like waving hellolarious

CAN'T UNSEE. That is horrific. I don't get the obsession with pregnant bellies. I understand it's nature (not Octomom in this case), but it's gross and unattractive. Maternity clothes are made specifically to cover it up. I wish more pending Moos would wear them.
Anonymous User
October 04, 2010

.8)I was at the grocery store the other day and noticed a young couple. They were clearly expecting their first child and I would guess she was about four months along. As I lumbered toward them to negotiate passing them mid-aisle, I noticed the panic stricken look on the young man’s face as he compared my expansive belly to his partner’s little bump. In a relaxin-induced moment of compassion, I tried my best to convey to him with a return glance, “Yes, my friend, this will happen to her too. And it’s going to be all right. In fact, it’s pretty wonderful!”

For all she knows, this couple could be giving their brat up for adoption, and dread seeing any reminders of what's to come. They could have also had a miscarriage and are waiting to "deliver," she could also be overweight, have a tumor, cyst, etc....How presumptuous and rude of her! I hope someone finally sets her straight.
October 04, 2010
Even her mom & sister are telling her TMI!!!!

The second trimester was more of the same until the most wonderful turning point occurred. My belly’s girth exceeded my breast size, bringing my body’s proportions back into balance. When others asked me how I was doing, I’d tell them about this phenomenon. By the looks on their faces, the topic clearly made them uncomfortable. More than once, I got the “you’ve got to stop talking” look from my sister or mother, a gentle nudge designed to help me save face. Lesson learned: don’t draw more attention to engorged reproductive parts than absolutely necessary. Although, I really think there is something to it. A friend who brightly estimated that I must be six to eight months pregnant during my fourth month, told me that I looked fantastic when I ran into him the other day – “much better than the last time I saw you!” Is that a compliment? Regardless, his comments validated my breasts and belly theory.
October 04, 2010
Miss_Hannigan
Amazing. I'm writing my own companion article. "On excessive flatulence after chili dog consumption: Helping fellow train passengers cope"

Awesome! hot smiley (this is what I imagine the train passengers are experiencing smiling smiley
October 04, 2010
Sorceress
Sounds to me like she's a self-appointed pregnancy ambassador, going to all those who aren't pregnant and telling them it's going to be okay. Her holier-than-thou attitude is sickening. She makes assumptions about all these people as if she "knows" what they are thinking even though she doesn't even talk to half of them. It's all about a "look." She thinks her huge pregnancy has given her the right to educate the non-pregnant, and, of course, to call attention to herself.

I'm not the least bit interested in pregnant women, other than to feel sorry for them. My first thought is always, "well, your life is over now."

in a store, mine always is "someone is in aisle with me. hope they don't bogart the peanut butter shelf with their big ass."
October 04, 2010
Miss_Hannigan

Mmm, delectable chili dogs! We have a favorite 50s-era chili dog shack nearby. And flatulence is temporary, unlike other inner bloatages!
October 05, 2010
Suzy_Lee

.8)I was at the grocery store the other day and noticed a young couple. They were clearly expecting their first child and I would guess she was about four months along. As I lumbered toward them to negotiate passing them mid-aisle, I noticed the panic stricken look on the young man’s face as he compared my expansive belly to his partner’s little bump. In a relaxin-induced moment of compassion, I tried my best to convey to him with a return glance, “Yes, my friend, this will happen to her too. And it’s going to be all right. In fact, it’s pretty wonderful!”

For all she knows, this couple could be giving their brat up for adoption, and dread seeing any reminders of what's to come. They could have also had a miscarriage and are waiting to "deliver," she could also be overweight, have a tumor, cyst, etc....How presumptuous and rude of her! I hope someone finally sets her straight.

I become a bit bloated if I consume too much salt, and my belly 'puffs out'. How rude of her to approach a female who could of had some 'bloat' and assume she was pregnant. What a broad. angry flipping off the world 'fail' on flames

lab mom
October 05, 2010
WaterLily
Suzy_Lee

I become a bit bloated if I consume too much salt, and my belly 'puffs out'. How rude of her to approach a female who could of had some 'bloat' and assume she was pregnant. What a broad. angry flipping off the world 'fail' on flames

I agree! It is ALWAYS a bad idea to assume and make commentary that a stranger is pregnant.When in doubt, leave it out! I don't like ANY stranger making assumptions about me for ANY reason. I find it offensive. I even hate it when clerks make commentary about my purchases. "Looks like YOU are going to be having some company tonight!", or "Just how many cats do you have?"or, "Oh, that time of the month is always a bitch!", or one time when I bought an EPT, "Should we be planning a shower?" comment from an especially nosy little cashier at Walgreens. I can't buy greeting/gift cards, which I do often to send to my niece and nephew, without her saying, "You sure do have a lot of birthdays in your famblee"!

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
October 05, 2010
kidlesskim
WaterLily
Suzy_Lee

I agree! It is ALWAYS a bad idea to assume and make commentary that a stranger is pregnant.When in doubt, leave it out! I don't like ANY stranger making assumptions about me for ANY reason. I find it offensive. I even hate it when clerks make commentary about my purchases. "Looks like YOU are going to be having some company tonight!", or "Just how many cats do you have?"or, "Oh, that time of the month is always a bitch!", or one time when I bought an EPT, "Should we be planning a shower?" comment from an especially nosy little cashier at Walgreens. I can't buy cards and gift certificates, which I do often to send to my niece and nephew, without her saying, "You sure do have a lot of birthdays in your famblee"!

The worst I got was when I bought a box of pads for my wife. The cashier looked at them, then me and said "Your wife sure is lucky to have a husband who buys those for her". For God's sake woman! That's the reason men don't like to buy that kind of thing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
October 05, 2010
I think you should have told her they weren't for your wife, they were for you just to see the expression on her face! smiling smiley
October 05, 2010
KABA
kidlesskim
WaterLily
Suzy_Lee

I agree! It is ALWAYS a bad idea to assume and make commentary that a stranger is pregnant.When in doubt, leave it out! I don't like ANY stranger making assumptions about me for ANY reason. I find it offensive. I even hate it when clerks make commentary about my purchases. "Looks like YOU are going to be having some company tonight!", or "Just how many cats do you have?"or, "Oh, that time of the month is always a bitch!", or one time when I bought an EPT, "Should we be planning a shower?" comment from an especially nosy little cashier at Walgreens. I can't buy cards and gift certificates, which I do often to send to my niece and nephew, without her saying, "You sure do have a lot of birthdays in your famblee"!

The worst I got was when I bought a box of pads for my wife. The cashier looked at them, then me and said "Your wife sure is lucky to have a husband who buys those for her". For God's sake woman! That's the reason men don't like to buy that kind of thing!

I wonder if the wife was buying condoms, jock itch cream, or paying for a Viagra prescription if she would have said, "Your husband SURE is lucky to have a wife who buys those for him!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login