Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bring Your Loaf to Work Day

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Bring Your Loaf to Work Day
October 17, 2010
I really really really hate this so called Moo-tastic holiday.

I work in an office with a couple hundred people, and I'm surrounded by breeders. This one particular would always bring her kids every year, and they're older (one is like 13 and the other 16) so at the very least I don't have to deal with them crying. On the other hand since Mommy-Moo is in management and drives a Mercedes they look down upon everyone else as if we are below them.

I want nothing more than to be left alone, but behind my desk was some cabinets. Spawn #1 has the duty of filing so they are standing behind me, and there's not enough room to leave my desk area when there's cabinets, #1, and me, so she always has to move out of the way each time. I always ask nicely, and she would roll her eyes at me before moving each time. I HATE the eye-roll. It's completely disrespectful, I'm at MY desk in MY space, and I have to be there to work. The bratling does not.

Spawn #2 would sit in the break room and talk loudly on her cellphone about how much it sucks to be at the office, how boring it is, and how she doesn't want to be around "these people" while being in an ear shot of those people.

Plus there's always the 3 and 4 year olds that are you know so cute while disrupting everyone around them.

Oh, and this is unrelated to the holiday, but we had a fat ass 16 year old working part time in the office who belonged to another fat Moo a few years ago. The 16 year old had a crush on a guy there who was in his early 20s, but he had a crush on me. I wasn't interested in him romantically but we use to go out for lunch and hang out, he was nice. The 16 year old was SO upset about that, she told Mommy-Moo and they started spreading rumors about me that I was fucking the 20 something year old and that I fuck my way to get ahead in the office. Mommy-Moo was a VIP and I at the time didn't really know much about work place laws felt completely powerless to do anything about it. I left that department to go work somewhere else within the company because I couldn't deal with it anymore. Management in my old department finally figured out what was really going on, and eventually fired the Moo and her teenaged bratling. After they were gone, I was offered my old position back but not before I wised up enough to fight for more $$ which I got so in the end it worked out. smiling smiley

Sorry, and the point of my ramblings is.

I hate spawns in the office.
Re: Bring Your Loaf to Work Day
October 17, 2010
skysurfer
I really really really hate this so called Moo-tastic holiday.

I work in an office with a couple hundred people, and I'm surrounded by breeders. This one particular would always bring her kids every year, and they're older (one is like 13 and the other 16) so at the very least I don't have to deal with them crying. On the other hand since Mommy-Moo is in management and drives a Mercedes they look down upon everyone else as if we are below them.

I want nothing more than to be left alone, but behind my desk was some cabinets. Spawn #1 has the duty of filing so they are standing behind me, and there's not enough room to leave my desk area when there's cabinets, #1, and me, so she always has to move out of the way each time. I always ask nicely, and she would roll her eyes at me before moving each time. I HATE the eye-roll. It's completely disrespectful, I'm at MY desk in MY space, and I have to be there to work. The bratling does not.

Spawn #2 would sit in the break room and talk loudly on her cellphone about how much it sucks to be at the office, how boring it is, and how she doesn't want to be around "these people" while being in an ear shot of those people.

Plus there's always the 3 and 4 year olds that are you know so cute while disrupting everyone around them.

Oh, and this is unrelated to the holiday, but we had a fat ass 16 year old working part time in the office who belonged to another fat Moo a few years ago. The 16 year old had a crush on a guy there who was in his early 20s, but he had a crush on me. I wasn't interested in him romantically but we use to go out for lunch and hang out, he was nice. The 16 year old was SO upset about that, she told Mommy-Moo and they started spreading rumors about me that I was fucking the 20 something year old and that I fuck my way to get ahead in the office. Mommy-Moo was a VIP and I at the time didn't really know much about work place laws felt completely powerless to do anything about it. I left that department to go work somewhere else within the company because I couldn't deal with it anymore. Management in my old department finally figured out what was really going on, and eventually fired the Moo and her teenaged bratling. After they were gone, I was offered my old position back but not before I wised up enough to fight for more $$ which I got so in the end it worked out. smiling smiley

Sorry, and the point of my ramblings is.

I hate spawns in the office.

when my mom took my sister and i to work with her, before there was this "bring your brat to work" bullshit, we were given something to do and we were to not bother anyone. there was one time i went to work with mom one day where she had to get caught up on some things after hours. i sat at a desk and read james bond books the whole time.

i work where a relative is an executive manager. i don't like even being referred to as her relative to new hires and i try not to say "hey, aunt so-and-so" during work hours or before co-workers. i treat everyone as either friends or co-workers and i don't pull a spoiled brat routine. so, if other managers' or supervisors' kids come in and do shit like treat everybody as if they are "beneath" them. all jobs are necessary in a workplace-you need someone to clean, someone to get mail, someone to order supplies, someone to file, and on and on. so, as long as the person is exceptional at their job, there are no "beneath" jobs. the jobs i mentioned are often stepping stone jobs-most people get in by working as a mail room clerk or supply room clerk. it will be interesting to see these two in a real world situation. but i have a feeling it's not the manager mom instilling this mentality in the two girls (one is filing after all and i think mom has her doing it and not the other for legal reasons), but the "princess" mentality that is in most teens naturally. they look down on substitute teachers the same way.
October 17, 2010
Ugh, I'm so glad that stupid day hasn't caught on where I live. I'd be torn between doing a sickie to avoid having to deal with the brats, and being there to protect my papers from their grubby hands.

I also bet this is strictly a middle-class thing. You're not going to bring a kid with you while you go into coal mines, are you? I bet that you don't have to deal with the bratlings at a very expensive law office, either. It's just more entitled parenting in the guise of 'teaching moments.'
October 17, 2010
How did this nonsense ever get started? It's so stupid. I can understand a high school student/college student job shadowing in a career that he/she is thinking about going into, but that's a different story. Even that is a major imposition. I remember in college for one of my classes I was supposed to interview/job shadow someone, and I got a local Catholic priest. We did the interview, but I nixed the idea of trailing after the guy all day. After all, he was extremely busy, and his line of work is somewhat confidential. I mean, what was I supposed to do, follow him into the confessional? My prof and I got into it over my not doing the complete assignment, and I gladly took my B instead of the A. I still think I was right.
October 17, 2010
I know it's not fair to you, but do you have enough time where you can either use a vacation/personal day or take a sick day? I'm planning to do that for the next one of these my employer has.

If that's not an option, would it be possible to talk to moo about her kids behavior? Or would it be too risky politically? If you can't talk to her, can you come up with a suggested task for the eye rolling brat and the cell yell brat which will put them away from you? Say, ideally a conference room where they can shut the door?
October 17, 2010
Thank goodness this would never work in my workplace. Kids in a pharmacy... with all those tempting bottles to open and glug. As much as I would like to see a few of them writhing in their death throes, the law is pretty clear about who can be in the pharmacy. Oh, and there's also the matter of HIPAA. Suppose some teenage bratling found out one of its schoolmate's mothers is taking prozac or haldol and goes blabbing off to the world. Patient privacy trumps someone's shitturd breaking federal law. Thank the gods.
October 17, 2010
it started as a way to encourage DAUGHTERS to go to work with parents and consider being in the work force.
October 17, 2010
I work with a bunch of crotchety old men so I don't encounter this 'day'.

My CWs would probably drive sane adults to the nut house anyway, there is a lot of cursing, yelling, threatening, and gnashing of teeth in my biz.

It's a regular laugh riot grinning smiley

I am envisioning some little kid walking in, one of the guys would probably yell at it: Hey YOU! Kid! You the messenger? Get this goddamned mess over to that fucker Joe Blow at the board of trade and you tell him that he's a son of whore and he can fucking CHOKE on it. You got that KID?

Or some other equally choice thing. Here's 5 bucks, stop off and get me a brick (pint of whiskey.)

You know, I think I should suggest we have this bring the child to work day. I think it could really enrich some deserving youngsters grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login